87-key Macro Keyboard

On 11/01/2017 at 11:55 PM, SrLookAS said:

Thank you ??

No problem! I like to help people!

*looks at clock* Holy god have to go to school!

• 3 weeks later...

so I just bought this POS (Point of sale that is... not the other thing... please don't ban me gods/forum admins) It's all mechanical with Cherry MX Blacks, 128 keys that all have clear covers over the keys that allow you to put in your own icons for the keys and the best part is that it's really easily hardware programmable so that you don't have to use lua or intercept to make the keyboard recognised as a second input device. I think that Taran should seriously consider getting a used one of these for his macro keyboard.  picked mine up from ebay for £80, there are more expensive ones and there are less expensive ones, ones with a qwerty keyboard included and ones in a matrix layout (like mine) but the point is that all you have to do is use the normally pretty user friendly software once to assign macros to each key and the keyboard just remembers it. Then you only have to run autohotkey for your more advanced macros where mouse strokes are involved. It's pretty great. I thought i'd mention it because it's not that expensive but it makes the whole process a lot easier to manage... and i have a few more keys too.

free_128_c15.png

• 3 weeks later...

SUP GUYS,

So there's been some interesting discussion in this thread. But I haven't yet looked into everything you guys have proposed yet.

But I've seen a lot of "solutions" that basically just involve BUYING something.

That's just not the Taran way!

I've been poor most of my life, so I'm used to having to come up with innovative ways to do things with little to no money.

What makes the 2nd macro keyboard mod so great is that you can do it with basically any spare keyboard that you already have lying around.

However, I've never been totally satisfied with LuaMacros. It has a lot of problems.

So I've come up with a much BETTER solution that uses INTERCEPTOR, an apparently amazing program that can do all sorts of cool things.

And I've finally made a tutorial that explains the method I've been using for awhile:

It's far more stable, doesn't require a stupid txt file to work, allows more rapid keypresses, AND even works with modifier keys.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Found this:

The creator of this thing has already implemented it into Premiere to use it as a timeline scrubber. 

The possibilities are endless.
* Can be used as input as well as output

* force feedback

* it's based on a Arduino Pro Micro, so you can easily upload your own code

Links:

Git: https://github.com/electricrelay/SlideBar

You can get one via this not at all sketchy googleforms thingie:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfQd6KOMCcHu8fT966TgSOMQ_Pf-V-VNePGllTq_nilvPeDng/viewform?c=0&w=1

it appears to be a student's project of some sort

• 1 year later...

Has anyone tried to set up AutoHotKey with a Loupedeck+?

Now that Adobe has builot in selective color correcting, it would make sense that the color wheels on this unit should be used for that exact function as it does in lighroom. The company has told me that they are working to get Adobe to set this up (we all know what that means). Curious if anyone has tried to manually set it up yet.

Example: The SAT button on the left should toggle the "HUE vs SAT" in the curves menu, then the wheels should select and adjust the saturation of it's respective color set. I would then set some other group of dials to adjust the color set being used

https://amzn.to/2T5rnZH

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 1:56 AM, YOTTAZOID said:

GlovePIE is another great program that lets you use more than just extra keyboards including wiimotes and mice.

I even lets you have more than one mouse cursor.

are there any turorials on this

• 7 months later...

Does anyone has a version of this code but with more then one extra keyboard working?

8 minutes ago, deppenname said:

Does anyone has a version of this code but with more then one extra keyboard working?

Taran has since switched to intercept, which does apparently support up to 10 extra devices:

Not super easy/intuitive to install apparently.. That is probably why it's easier to just get the HASU, a Razer Synapse 2.0 compatible keyboard, or Corsair keyboard (if your main keyboard is not Corsair).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

18 hours ago, minibois said:

Taran has since switched to intercept, which does apparently support up to 10 extra devices:

Not super easy/intuitive to install apparently.. That is probably why it's easier to just get the HASU, a Razer Synapse 2.0 compatible keyboard, or Corsair keyboard (if your main keyboard is not Corsair).

And this would work,

but this programm he uses detects one keyboard driver as one keyboard, and my main keyboard already uses 4 drivers.

I have just wrote a verion of Tarans Code wich allows you to use more than one second keyboard.

I am just wondering if someone really needs so many macros.

• 6 months later...

I cant get the "delete" to work... anyone have any suggestions? I want to remap it on my other keyboard, everything else is working except this... im using HID macros

thanks

• 3 months later...
On 5/10/2020 at 4:25 PM, Juch said:

I cant get the "delete" to work... anyone have any suggestions? I want to remap it on my other keyboard, everything else is working except this... im using HID macros

thanks

This is late, but I just started playing with this yesterday, and also have some questions myself.

What shows up in the keypressed.txt file when you press the "delete" key?
That asked, I have noticed some keys don't work off the number pad i'm using.

The "=" shows up as num1 in the .txt file but rather than run the AHK script it supplies the key strokes {Alt}{87}  or sometimes {Alt}{87}{Alt}{87} or even {Alt}{87}{Alt}{87}{Alt}{87} regardless of length or key presses. I believe that {87} may stand in for the F24 key as all other keys read the {87} as the first keystroke. My thought is that Luamacros isn't intercepting the the "=" key press properly, probably because it isn't a standard key press on my number pad. (It also does not intercept the calculator button, or the numlock button, but since they are not simple keys i accepted the issues there)

The real thing that brought me to this forum is that I was hoping to find out if there is a way to get Luamacros + the AHK script to launch with windows. 

Any help on this subject would be appreciated :) 

*EDIT:
I believe i found the solution to my problem:
http://www.hidmacros.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=445

For reference, the target in my shortcut to LuaMacros.exe looks like this:
"X:\(Macro stuff)\luamacros\LuaMacros.exe" -r "C:\AHK\2nd-keyboard\LUAMACROS\Keypad.lua"

However I have come across a different problem. It seems Blender can see the keys that LuaMacros is supposed to be hiding. When I assign one of the keys a a quick key it will assign it to the actual key, rather than the one AHK has assigned to it. It will run macros from AHK in Blender though, but it will sometimes also register the original key too.

Edited by GeoIV

Can you make a video tutorial? Im not sure I understand about the code.

• 4 months later...

Hey I can not seem to get this to work with this key pad I bought specifically for this

amazon.com/gp/product/B01E8TTWZ2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I thought I was doing something wrong so I tried it with a regular keyboard and it worked great. I did change the auto hot key names to numbers and programed intercept with that keypad but I still cant get it?

• 1 year later...

Hi, I made new app to replace Luamacros, more info in separate topic:

Hi everyone, just thought I might share this here. I've been using Oblitum's Interception a lot for the past 2 years since I saw Taran's tutorial, and I've had a kinda annoying issue with stuck CTRL, ALT and SHIFT keys... since then I found a solution by modifying the keyremap.ini, and having 2 macros per button instead of just one. Basically, the key being pressed will send your initial macro, and the key being released will send events UP for CTRL, ALT and SHIFT to make sure these don't stay stuck afterwards.

Since it's very annoying to make those modifications to keyremap.ini manually (especially when you have lots of macros...), I made a script to make the modifications and wrote a tutorial on Github. I hope this can help some of you if you faced the same issue: End-Ghost-Keys

Also since this is the topic for it, here my latest creation! I know the goal is not to buy anything and do it with as little money as possible, but I couldn't resist getting this mechanical ortholinear beauty (it's an Idobao ID75)

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

I found this thing at a thrift shop and thought of this video. I wanted to try and make a mini macro board with interceptor or something similar. It registers as a keyboard in my device manager and seems to function.

Here is my problem, every Key stroke, including knob clockwise and knob counter clockwise registers as "A". Does anyone know of anyway that could be changed? Right now using interceptor doesn't work because there is no way to differentiate between the different keys on the board, it sees them as being all "A".

The board has absolutely no markings on it, no serial, PN or branding.

I was really hoping to make it control volume and launch a few things. Any Ideas?

20220429_144552.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

i have started to set up multiple keyboards, but im running out of exotic button combinations rather quick, can you give me any hints what modifiers you guys use? i thought using something like S(2nd keyboard) = F24 + S would work, but most programs dont accept this or it still triggers the S button. doing something like Alt + S (using "legit" modifier keys) does work, but since i want to use 3 keyboards, 2 of them with luamacros, im running out of key combos

Thanks in advance