Displayport cable around 3m for 1440P 144hz

StormEye

I have purchased ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q yesterday, and I also bought a random displayport cable that is 3m in length due to how my room is currently setup.

When I got back home, I noticed that I was unable to get above 85hz on the monitor no matter what I do with the random cable.

The provided default cable that came with the monitor works flawlessly, though it is very awkward to have the cable running over my keyboard and being at extreme tension..

I am wondering whether there are any good displayport cables that are known to work that is around 3m (or maybe even longer) that will enable 1440P at 144hz or better.

4 minutes ago, StormEye said:

I have purchased ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q yesterday, and I also bought a random displayport cable that is 3m in length due to how my room is currently setup.

When I got back home, I noticed that I was unable to get above 85hz on the monitor no matter what I do with the random cable.

The provided default cable that came with the monitor works flawlessly, though it is very awkward to have the cable running over my keyboard and being at extreme tension..

I am wondering whether there are any good displayport cables that are known to work that is around 3m (or maybe even longer) that will enable 1440P at 144hz or better.

didnt it come with a display port?

2 minutes ago, steveo1234 said:

didnt it come with a display port?

6 minutes ago, StormEye said:

seriously?

can you see now?

You may have got a reduced bandwidth cable. 

Go for a known brand. Even just someone like Monoprice is reliable. 

So, length is not really the problem is it? As long as the quality of cable is good, it should work fine, right?

Its not really easy to find quality cable at longer lengths where I live unless I order them from US or other places with good online stores that I can rely on the product being genuine.

I guess, I will try to find one around here, and if all else fails, Amazon here I come.

12 hours ago, IsaacDaGrazin said:

seriously?

can you see now?

no im part blind

Alright, I now hate it even more that I have moved to Hong Kong for work... (used to live in Los Angeles)

I bought another brand 3m long cable and its still the same deal, well SLIGHLTY better as it displays images now and again at 144hz.

I had to find a temporary position for my PC to use the default cable without having to feel the damn thing everytime I try to type something.

On 4/7/2016 at 7:49 AM, x3x53530 said:

Alright, thanks for the suggestion. I am definitely gonna give this one a try. I have some stuff from massdrop and stuff that I have to ship from US anyway,

It has taken a while since I have ordered, but it was waiting in my shipper's warehouse so that the shipment could consolidate with my other items that I wanted to ship from US to here in Hong Kong.

Now I finally got it, and I have to say, THIS FINALLY FLIPPING WORKED!

Thanks for the suggestion.

• 11 months later...
54 minutes ago, DoubleSingularity said:

Does it support 2560x1440 at 144hz ?

i need serious help on getting a cable which supports these configurations  

thanks

Please don't bump year-old threads.

It has been answered in the thread already that the cable worked for the OP's 1440p 144 Hz monitor.