GlassWire (Pre-Roll Landing Page)

788c765961.png

GlassWire's firewall software reveals threats your antivirus missed.

You can use the base service for free, or pay to upgrade for additional protection. Some of the extra features that you can get are things like remote connection, lock down mode, figuring out who's on your WiFi or network, and more! They've recently launched GlassWire for Android as well.

Check out GlassWire’s firewall software: http://geni.us/glasswire

Check out GlassWire’s Android app: http://geni.us/glasswireandroid

Cool concept but I doubt it's really got prolonged use for too many people.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Just now, ThatCoolBlueKidd said:

Cool concept but I doubt it's really got prolonged use for too many people.

Not sure! I'm not too familiar with them, personally, but we asked around here on the forum and got VERY positive feedback.

Just now, mikat said:

the ability to block programs from accessing the internet is really handy :)

Ahh, isn't mentioned too well on the landing and imho is probably the best selling point :)

Just now, nicklmg said:

Not sure! I'm not too familiar with them, personally, but we asked around here on the forum and got VERY positive feedback.

Understood. I'm not saying it's a bad product (never used it so I'm rather impartial), just doubted how many consumers want the ability to monitor their network to that extent. May give it a try in the future though.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

So just a pre roll.Will there be a review?

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

9 minutes ago, pcexplosion said:

So just a pre roll.Will there be a review?

No, we don't often review software.

Nice software been running in background since window 10 released ... had no problem with it. I love the remote features :) 

Magical Pineapples

4 hours ago, nicklmg said:

No, we don't often review software.

... I'd watch it :)

i7 3820 -- 8 GB RAM -- Zotac GTX 970

So I just saw this advertised on a LTT video and sounds like something I've really been looking for.

I browsed around on their website a bit, however, there is something I don't understand.

How can it monitor my entire network including WiFi if it has to be running on a desktop?  Does the software somehow...I dunno...communicate with the router to intercept all network traffic through the router?

I'm a bit confused :(

EDIT: OIC, you have to install it on all devices on the network then remote monitor from the host PC.  MEH, I want something simpler, I think that required a new router with similar management software on the router.

Neat product though, for sure!

Okay i may consider getting it.
What i already love is that they don't push a "BUY NOW" button in your face and instead have it allll the way to the bottom.

15 hours ago, KamelJabber said:

So I just saw this advertised on a LTT video and sounds like something I've really been looking for.

I browsed around on their website a bit, however, there is something I don't understand.

How can it monitor my entire network including WiFi if it has to be running on a desktop?  Does the software somehow...I dunno...communicate with the router to intercept all network traffic through the router?

I'm a bit confused :(

EDIT: OIC, you have to install it on all devices on the network then remote monitor from the host PC.  MEH, I want something simpler, I think that required a new router with similar management software on the router.

Neat product though, for sure!

Hello @KamelJabber

GlassWire can't currently monitor your entire network, but it can let you know what devices are currently connected there.  GlassWire can remotely monitor other Windows PCs/servers https://www.glasswire.com/userguide/#Remote_Monitoring.

If all your devices were Windows PCs then you could monitor your entire network, but that's probably unlikely.  We hope to add Mac support and full network monitoring support in the future.  You're correct that we'd have to interface with your router to do that.

Thanks for the feedback!

On 4/6/2016 at 0:33 AM, nicklmg said:

720b2166df.png

GlassWire is a network monitor & security tool with a built-in firewall. 

You can use the base service for free, or pay to upgrade for additional protection. Some of the extra features that you can get are things like remote connection, lock down mode, figuring out who's on your WiFi or network, and more!

Learn more and try GlassWire for free today at http://bit.ly/1Svi280

Too much glass.

"Simple Yet Complex"