Nintendo NX Rumoured to have AMD GCN 1.3 AND X86 Instruction SET.. 4GB RAM MAX??

El Diablo

Lets talk about this

Rumors like this allways turn out to be true

according to insiders and game devs the console has a smaller but more powerful gpu (Polaris GCN 1.3)

This makes sense

its forced SONY to release a ps4.5 AKA PS4-K and microsoft to accidentaly talk about releasing an SHITBOX 1 ELITE 

This looks sweet

if this console has a flagship polaris gpu,, im switching back to console,, the true master race, and my fury x will collect dust

PS4K and a New Xbox One isn't because of Nintendo, they don't even compete for the same games.  They're doing that because their current consoles are awful and are lagging behind on current titles -already-.  I just hope with the new Coleco console coming out and Nintendo - they go back to cartridges.  Give me high capacity cartridges and multi-monitor support on a console, and I will play Mario like you've never seen before. 

9 minutes ago, SurvivorNVL said:

PS4K and a New Xbox One isn't because of Nintendo, they don't even compete for the same games.  They're doing that because their current consoles are awful and are lagging behind on current titles -already-.  I just hope with the new Coleco console coming out and Nintendo - they go back to cartridges.  Give me high capacity cartridges and multi-monitor support on a console, and I will play Mario like you've never seen before. 

Thats the whole point of the nintendo NX

looking at its specs it stands to rival the ps4 and shitbox 1 and run the same games

Microsoft already reconfirmed that they won't make a one.5 and, if anything, they'd just make a new console early. PlayStation is mainly doing it to help support it's VR goals but promised no exclusives b/w versions so i don't see the point....

Nintendo NEEDs to make an overpowered system to keep itself alive, no more of this gimmicky motion control, tablet display shit.

2 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

looking at its specs it stands to rival the ps4 and shitbox 1 and run the same games

Well the NX will be 2-3 years younger by the time it comes out so I would hope it can rival older consoles lol

also "shitbox"? You say console is the true master race but call it the shitbox xD

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Just now, El Diablo said:

I can't imagine that at all.  Nintendo's platform caters to their own games, and IP, very rarely is it any other IP.  I expect this will be for better, more open world games like newer Zelda games or--something along those lines.

For me, convincing me (and probably others) to get some Nintendo console is pretty easily done. Put the exclusive Smash Bros. and Monster Hunter game on it. Nintendo exclusives are just more appealing to me for some reason.

3 minutes ago, dragosudeki said:

For me, convincing me (and probably others) to get some Nintendo console is pretty easily done. Put the exclusive Smash Bros. and Monster Hunter game on it. Nintendo exclusives are just more appealing to me for some reason.

Those properties are the only thing helping Nintendo.

Full on Pokemon RPG....I will spend money on a console for that in a heart beat! o.O (I already do that for 3ds now anyway...)

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

personnaly i think theis last gen console was release either 2 years late or 2 years early, they should have released in 2012 with the same spec, or wait to 2016 to release with polaris, the funny thing is that nintendo had a good schedule for release, but unlucky fans, nintendo thinks it's funny to diffirentiate itself from the concurence by giving lower perf and being more (innovative with controllers)

a console need to release with a die shrink, especialy with one as significant as 28>14nm, otherwise they cant link console/pc ports

36 minutes ago, SurvivorNVL said:

I just hope with the new Coleco console coming out

Hate to break it to you but that was canceled last month.

1 minute ago, Yog said:

Hate to break it to you but that was canceled last month.

That is depressing.  Oh, well.  Nintendo can still pull off high-capacity cartridges and over-the-network downloading.  Hope never dies.

36 minutes ago, SurvivorNVL said:

That is depressing.  Oh, well.  Nintendo can still pull off high-capacity cartridges and over-the-network downloading.  Hope never dies.

It's actually a good thing...seems it was a scam...or at least a collection of lies to mask little to no progress.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/retro-coleco-console-terminated-update-big-news/1100-6435276/

Long story short. Company (RetroVGS...apparently they have a magazine called RETRO Magazine) makes indiegogo campaign to build a retro console. Campaign fails. Company goes to Coleco, promises coleco branded version. Coleco agrees. Company shows off console prototype, turns out to be a snes. Company gets called out. Company shows proof it's not in the form of the system's motherboard. "Proof" turns out to be and old pci capture card (like seriously? did they think nobody knows what those look like?), not a motherboard, company gets called out. Coleco gives company the benefit of the doubt, asks for any sort of prototype they have to prove its real. Company refuses, coleco drops out. Managing editor of magazine quits, company shuts down its website and facebook page.

Nothing has been in the news since.

If they release now it will be like Bristol Ridge with some improvements over current console APUs. If they wait Q1 2017 or bit sooner then they could get Polaris GPU + Zen cores in a brand new APU but likely at a higher cost and high demand... unless we don't know the whole story and consoles have a deal to be the first and early - before 2016 Christmas season ? The more they wait the more power they can provide for VR/AR and some 4K content and some specific 4K games (that don't draw to much), while if they focus on 4k and alike multimedia much more - they can release without 14nm tech giving "small" improvement to 1080p/720p gaming ;)

I heavily doubt it. Doing so would require Nintendo to drop the backwards compatability to prior generation consoles, and that's something that Nintendo is keen on clinging onto the bitter end.

If that's true, this is good news for AMD. It means that every consoles out there will use their products. If there's a AMD logo on the console or something, it might also make people more likely to buy a AMD based PC as well.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

4 hours ago, GeekJump said:

Microsoft already reconfirmed that they won't make a one.5 and, if anything, they'd just make a new console early. PlayStation is mainly doing it to help support it's VR goals but promised no exclusives b/w versions so i don't see the point....

Nintendo NEEDs to make an overpowered system to keep itself alive, no more of this gimmicky motion control, tablet display shit.

Well the NX will be 2-3 years younger by the time it comes out so I would hope it can rival older consoles lol

also "shitbox"? You say console is the true master race but call it the shitbox xD

he should have probably used Italics for that so you know hes just being sarcastic 

@raphidy nintendo are fine 

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

24 minutes ago, raphidy said:

Just die and port everything to pc like sega did.

But I would feel weird playing my Pokemon on a PC. Somethings just fit in certain places lol

4 minutes ago, Eroda said:

he should have probably used Italics for that so you know hes just being sarcastic 

I based my comment on OP's righting, I thought the true master race comment was more sarcasm than the shitbox one 

3 hours ago, alamox said:

personnaly i think theis last gen console was release either 2 years late or 2 years early, they should have released in 2012 with the same spec, or wait to 2016 to release with polaris, the funny thing is that nintendo had a good schedule for release, but unlucky fans, nintendo thinks it's funny to diffirentiate itself from the concurence by giving lower perf and being more (innovative with controllers)

a console need to release with a die shrink, especialy with one as significant as 28>14nm, otherwise they cant link console/pc ports

The reason it was released at the time is because AMD made it economically viable. Perhaps in the near future, Intel could be involved in consoles, but Puma/Jag cores and the fundamentals of the APU kind of made the whole thing possible in the first place. Otherwise you'd see even larger consoles that would basically be PCs unless you pulled strings similarly to Apple and made ultra-proprietary hardware with everything under the hood. In which case, you either destroy any profit margin or lose money, or it costs twice as much as it should to be considered consumer-friendly pricing.

The next 2 generations will be the most important for all consoles. I would hope that Microsoft does not try to make a release for the same *year* as Sony or Nintendo specifically because they're all oversaturating the market with the same level of technology. They have to remain competitive and the best they can do is +/- match eachoher. There's also literally less of a point to make a new console the longer you wait. Tech good enough for the job will get cheaper but the demands will be even higher, especially as PC climbs even further ahead of consoles. Not only all of the above, I would assume Microsoft would just completely ignore consoles as we know them and go fully into AR and separate home entertainment systems that more closely meet the goals and expectations they outlined with the Xbox One.

Honestly, I think Microsoft won the "console war" at this point. If you think about it, Sony is setting up a pretty bad VR market for themselves. They're releasing a revision of the PS4, not a PS5-level product. They have destroyed their online platform, becoming what they said they wouldn't.  They've dumped so much money into making sure their product was the one bought more often, but Microsoft has probably ten times or more the capital for anything they please. Microsoft also has an exclusive technology that can replace VR without being VR, and is not limited to very specific games and stuff.

Sony/Nintendo are fucked, in my opinion, regardless of what's going to come in the next 2 gens. But these 2 gens will define the market.

1 minute ago, Ren said:

Honestly, I think Microsoft won the "console war" at this point.

Lol, Loved the satirical/joke post.  Very entertaining!

Just now, AlexTheRose said:

THAT’S WHAT SHE SAIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD… ok

But with how dramatically he said “SHITBOX” you have to be at least a little amused… right?

ill be amused if i dont get another 1day ban for calling it the fagbox.....

a certain moderator take offense to that name. It's as if he/she owned one.....

Just now, Xorbot said:

Lol, Loved the satirical/joke post.  Very entertaining!

Microsoft pulling out of the "console" market doesn't mean they have lost. They have tech that can replace consoles as we know them, they'll eat up a huge portion of the market without any direct competition whatsoever. They say the future of gaming is VR, 80's all over again. VR will be a phase, people will demand a better experience as they use the technology, and it will die out yet again.

I enjoy your sarcasm though. It just shows how oblivious people are to tech advancements and what can actually happen given the right opportunities. Microsoft is rich enough to buy their opportunities through ingenuity and brute force though. People still buy PS4s and Nintendos specifically to play their Harvest Moon, Mario, SOCOM or whatever yet again. The practice of sequeling stagnates in every other market. They're lucky they haven't been obsoleted.

I see parallels with this in the PC gaming industry as well. There's very few PC titles worth talking about in 2016 and hardware keeps going between little-to-no improvement and being more expensive than ever before. How much longer before we're back to 30 years ago entirely?

5 hours ago, El Diablo said:

No its the pisspoor and xbone. Remember that both nextgen consoles are utter shit, unlike the previous ones (which in the case of the PS2 and Xbox Original, used higher quality components).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

4 hours ago, huilun02 said:

What they gonna make a Pokemon or Mario Kart on Cryengine?

Now more realistic fur on your... Pikachu

And kart racing with... simulation level physics

Gotta get that pokeball trajectory just right

lol

They do entirely custom engines. I don't think any first party Nintendo game was ever developed on a non-in house engine.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

3 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

No its the pisspoor and xbone. Remember that both nextgen consoles are utter shit, unlike the previous ones (which in the case of the PS2 and Xbox Original, used higher quality components).

I like how you're attempting to shit on the PS4 and Xbox One because of their supposed build quality issues.

Sure, the Xbox One is glossy as fuck, but as far as I'm concerned, it's rather nicely built.

Same with the PS4, except it's matte.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.