Paid Email??? What??? Microsoft is testing Outlook Premium

AlTech

Microsoft is testing out Outlook Premium. This "premium" plan gives quite a few new options to Outlook. It will offer 5 personalized emails, ad free and better ways to share calendars, contacts and documents. It is currently invite only and costs $3.99 per month. It is only in testing phase.

Outlook Premium will offer users up to five personalized email address and will be ad-free, along with offering better ways to share calendars, contacts and documents. Microsoft has not yet officially announced the service and it's possible that features and pricing for Outlook Premium will change before it comes out of its testing period.

Microsoft is sending invites to an unknown number of customers to try out the service. The offer gives them one year of Outlook Premium for free, after which the regular $3.99 a month charge will kick in. Previous reports claimed that Microsoft may also give access to

Outlook Premium for free for free to Office 365 subscribers.

outlook-premium.jpg

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-testing-out-standalone-outlook-premium-service-4-month

Cool. But why is this not part of Office 365? Goddamnit. I don't want to shell out an extra $4 per month for this.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, Arty said:

Gmail still better xD.

Sorry dude but Outlook is way better.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

5 emails with one login I'm guessing? That's not bad.

I used to be quite active here.

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

Sorry dude but Outlook is way better.

meh, i have one, but just never use it, ecosystem is just not their. 

4 hours ago, QueenDemetria said:

Sorry guys, "better" is a subjective term.

Well then outlook is more secure and offers a more easy to use GUI.

4 hours ago, Kobathor said:

5 emails with one login I'm guessing? That's not bad.

Not to mention no ads

1 minute ago, Arty said:

Gmail still better xD.

Manly because Google email type filtering which is brutally OP and awesome, Can't believe MS hasn't implemented that in Outlook yet.

Other than that, there hardly very different.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

2 minutes ago, QueenDemetria said:

Sorry guys, "better" is a subjective term.

Just now, AlexGoesHigh said:

Manly because Google email type filtering which is brutally OP and awesome, Can't believe MS hasn't implemented that in Outlook yet.

The Ecosystem of Google is more vast than outlook.

One's got 256Bit AES encryption and one has some shitty ass basic encryption.

1 minute ago, Arty said:

You mean ecosystem of Google is more vast than Microsoft? And by the way that is not the case. Microsoft's ecosystem is bigger.

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

You mean ecosystem of Google is more vast than Microsoft? And by the way that is not the case. Microsoft's ecosystem is bigger.

how so?....  

I don't see a issue with $4 a month, and they will still have the free version. If you use email a lot I think you can justify paying $4 a month for a improved service.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

3 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

One's got 256Bit AES encryption and one has some shitty ass basic encryption.

Gmail has been uping the encryption lately and security. 

5 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Not to mention no ads

you can turn them off in settings. 

7 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

I don't see a issue with $4 a month, and they will still have the free version. If you use email a lot I think you can justify paying $4 a month for a improved service.

Are you new to LTT? By giving consumers the choice, Microsoft is basically forcing that $4/month down our throats. 

/joke

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

6 minutes ago, Arty said:

What ecosystem are you talking about? more users? its a email service AFAIK none of these free services block you from sending mails to other domains like google, yahoo or customs ones.

So what do you mean exactly with ecosystem?

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

What ecosystem are you talking about? more users? its a email service AFAIK none of these free services block you from sending mails to other domains like google, yahoo or customs ones.

So what do you mean exactly with ecosystem?

Google Drive, 

Google Docs,

Filters. 

Less Clunky, Filters, faster, (i have actually have an outlook account, with onedrive, and it is slower than gmail/drive. not talking out of my ass. ) 

Integration with Google in general,

and the ads can be turned off in settings.... (more of a comparison toward yahoo the outlook their).

Google Search API built in.

Google Now Functionality 

20 minutes ago, Arty said:

Gmail still better xD.

Outlook is miles ahead actually.

Just now, JoeyDM said:

Outlook is miles ahead actually.

List reasons \/

2 minutes ago, Arty said:

Google Drive, 

Google Docs,

Filters. 

Less Clunky, Filters, faster, (i have actually have an outlook account, with onedrive, and it is slower than gmail/drive. not talking out of my ass. ) 

Integration with Google in general,

and the ads can be turned off in settings.... (more of a comparison toward yahoo the outlook their).

Google Search API built in.

Google Now Functionality 

Lets be honest Google will always win for most people because you can use it anywhere basically online not to mention youtube and others. And 15GBs of storage for free.

1 minute ago, beach_boy98 said:

Lets be honest Google will always win for most people because you can use it anywhere basically online not to mention youtube and others. And 15GBs of storage for free.

and you get 2GB extra a year added on for free  /\ for secuirty day. 

(if they keep doing it.)