HyperX Cloud 2 has low microphone volume

Hi,

I recently purchased a HyperX Cloud II and the microphone recording volume is very low. My friends say it's hard to hear me 

Here is a recording sample through Audacity:

59df9c897e.png

You literally need to be wearing the headset to even hear it. Even then, it's pretty soft. 

What I've tried doing:

- Testing on another device. My laptop and phone both have a low volume recording result.

- Reinstalling drivers and updating the firmware on the physical USB sound card.

- Even upgrading to windows 10 hoping it would do something (which it didn't).

- The microphone is not muted on its physical sound card. The recording level volume has been increased (I've pressed the + on it a lot).

- Plugging it out then in and setting the headset as a default device.

The gain can't be adjusted through Windowshttp://support.kingston.com/us/hyperx/support/technical/model=khx-hscp (When using the USB control box, the mic volume cannot be adjusted in Windows. It can only be adjusted with the control box. If the mic volume does not adjust with the control box, please contact technical support)

I have basically concluded that it is faulty but maybe there's some option that I've overlooked.

For other HyperX Cloud II users, what are your recording levels in Audacity? Is it like this?

Thanks in advanced.

Right-click the sound icon on your taskbar.

Click "Recording Devices".

Double-click "HyperX Cloud II".

Adjust gain.

9 minutes ago, ReturnOfCzex said:

Right-click the sound icon on your taskbar.

Click "Recording Devices".

Double-click "HyperX Cloud II".

Adjust gain.

From the manufacturer site: When using the USB control box, the mic volume cannot be adjusted in Windows. It can only be adjusted with the control box. If the mic volume does not adjust with the control box, please contact technical support (http://support.kingston.com/us/hyperx/support/technical/model=khx-hscp).

The gain through windows is at a constant 0 dB. This was the first thing I tried :(

Just now, FiftySeven said:

From the manufacturer site: When using the USB control box, the mic volume cannot be adjusted in Windows. It can only be adjusted with the control box. If the mic volume does not adjust with the control box, please contact technical support (http://support.kingston.com/us/hyperx/support/technical/model=khx-hscp).

The gain through windows is at a constant 0 dB.

Don't use the control box.

2 hours ago, ReturnOfCzex said:

Don't use the control box.

No changes.

19 hours ago, BananaKnight said:

My cloud 2 volume can be adjusted with the control box

My recording level is also affected by the sound box. But the maximum recording volume is negligible anyway.

If you plug it straight into your computer without the usb soundcard, would that enable you to change the volume of the mic through the sound control panel? If it does, is the maximum volume still negligible 

15 hours ago, BananaKnight said:

If you plug it straight into your computer without the usb soundcard, would that enable you to change the volume of the mic through the sound control panel? If it does, is the maximum volume still negligible 

No changes without sound card :(

then i think you have faulty hardware. hyperx cloud ii RTB!