So they said "ASHES IS ONLY BETA, THERE WIL BE A DRIVER ONCE THE GAME IS OUT" THE GAME IS OUTT !!!!!!!

El Diablo

and no driver,,,

The fury x is beating superclocked GTX 980 TITANIUMS 

and the titan x is nowhere close .......

1 minute ago, El Diablo said:

It released a couple days ago, calm down. Did they say it would be release day?

Just now, JoeyDM said:

It released a couple days ago, calm down. Did they say it would be release day?

Every other game has drivers on release day

in dx12 the nvidia gpus give lower scores than dx11

Who cares really?

We barely have anything that uses DX12 properly right now, dunno why everyone is acting so ridiculously about it.

Wait until things are actually being used all the time by many games, then see how things turn out. 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

1 minute ago, El Diablo said:

Not every other game. Every AAA game. AOTS is more of a benchmark than anything else. It seems like a painfully average game.

Regardless, give it time.

51 minutes ago, Lays said:

Who cares really?

We barely have anything that uses DX12 properly right now, dunno why everyone is acting so ridiculously about it.

Wait until things are actually being used all the time by many games, then see how things turn out. 

no

u guys should be flipping bricks at nvidia

this is why they dont care

because your response

u guys need to be more passionate 

They had 6 months...

51 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Not every other game. Every AAA game. AOTS is more of a benchmark than anything else. It seems like a painfully average game.

Everyother game has had dx12 wrappers

ashes seems to be the only true dx12 title at the moment

Is the game even fun?

There is still a LONG way to go here. You just have to remember how things played out with the release of DX9 and then with the release of DX11. There is nothing new happening here. Eventually adoption hits and optimizations appear all over the place.

2 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

no

because your response

They had 6 months...

They can't fix the issue.  It is a hardware feature that is supported better on certain AMD cards.

Just now, ForsakenLive said:

Is the game even fun?

There is still a LONG way to go here. You just have to remember how things played out with the release of DX9 and then with the release of DX11. There is nothing new happening here. Eventually adoption hits and optimizations appear all over the place.

Giving a async compute driver to maxwell cards is like giving a hyper threading firmware upgrade to a cpu that has no hyper threading

the cpu will run waaaay slower,,,

Just now, El Diablo said:

no

because your response

They had 6 months...

6 months to do what? Optimize for something that is BARELY being used?  There's like 5 "games" using it right now, games that aren't even really all that popular. 

I guarantee you they have people working on it, and are just waiting for things to be more serious before releasing a proper driver for it.  They have a MASSIVE amount of the market share of GPU's right now, they wouldn't just throw that away, they have much more money to spend on R&D for things like this. 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

i'm actually blaming the ashes game devs for this, because the only other example i've seen had literally no change in the average fps differences beteen amd and nvidia going from DX11 to DX12.

ahh man

u guys need more passion

shiit man i went to amd support and flipped out about soomuch shit

i complained haaaaaard about catalyst control being a piece of shit

1month (or 2, i cant rember) later they released crimson

thats just 1 example,, but everytime i complain realy bad ,,they fix shit

tut tut tut

stop making up excuses and go give nvidia a few slaps

46 minutes ago, Lays said:

6 months to do what? Optimize for something that is BARELY being used?  There's like 5 "games" using it right now, games that aren't even really all that popular. 

I guarantee you they have people working on it, and are just waiting for things to be more serious before releasing a proper driver for it.  They have a MASSIVE amount of the market share of GPU's right now, they wouldn't just throw that away, they have much more money to spend on R&D for things like this. 

6months... no driver

yet they release day 1 patches like nuttin

47 minutes ago, stconquest said:

They can't fix the issue.  It is a hardware feature that is supported better on certain AMD cards.

on every amd card since 2010

old AMD RADEON HD 7970'S are beating GTX 970's

4 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

ahh man

u guys need more passion

shiit man i went to amd support and flipped out about soomuch shit

i complained haaaaaard about catalyst control being a piece of shit

1month (or 2, i cant rember) later they released crimson

thats just 1 example,, but everytime i complain realy bad ,,they fix shit

tut tut tut

stop making up excuses and go give nvidia a few slaps

hahahahahaha you think your complaint actually got any attention and they made crimson in 2 months just because of you??

LOL you're hilarious

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

6months... no driver

Day 1 patches to fix things that are actual issues experienced by thousands of people for AAA games versus a technology that barely came out, and isn't even really being used by the market yet. 

See where I'm going with this?

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. 

On 3/4/2016 at 10:03 PM, El Diablo said:

6months... no driver

You need to work with the devs to do a day-1 driver update. Which means there needs to be a business relation with mutual interests. If it's for let's say GTA V, sure Nvidia will try to 1-up themselves with their products, as most of its userbase will try to run the game.

However there isn't much profit with Ashes of Singularity here in comparison. The game is popular now, in one month there won't be many people left talking about it.

I'm not defending them, but they are just a company that is free to make their own business choices. They don't own us anything, and if I don't like their policies I will vote with my wallet and buy which I consider is worth it.

Making fusses online doesn't see to help at all. Don't like it? don't buy it, it's that simple. For example AMD has yet to deliver what they promised long time ago for their Linux drivers, I won't give them constant crap about it, but the next time I need to upgrade my GPU, if the driver situation is still the same, I will switch to the green team instead.

Nvidia has sat on top the hill for quite a few years now, winning out in both performance per watt and having the top tier offerings overall for anyone who wasn't mining BitCoins or doing other compute tasks, one game comes out that has been optimized to hell and back for a brand new API and seems to use every single feature of that API it can and you guys are acting like this means someone is about to steal video games from you forever or something.  Calm down.

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

Nvidia has sat on top the hill for quite a few years now, winning out in both performance per watt and having the top tier offerings overall for anyone who wasn't mining BitCoins or doing other compute tasks, one game comes out that has been optimized to hell and back for a brand new API and seems to use every single feature of that API it can and you guys are acting like this means someone is about to steal video games from you forever or something.  Calm down.

Agreed, a tiny handful of "games/benchmarks" come out, when DX12 is still extremely new to the industry and all hell breaks loose. 

1 minute ago, Lays said:

Agreed, a tiny handful of "games/benchmarks" come out, when DX12 is still extremely new to the industry and all hell breaks loose. 

Frankly, I hope it works out this way.  Not in a 'Yay AMD will be king again!' but 'hey, maybe AMD's architecture had an advantage that never mattered in DX11 but now we're going to see a new battleground that will spur innovation.'  Honestly, GPUs has been pretty dull for the last 5 years or so.

4 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Frankly, I hope it works out this way.  Not in a 'Yay AMD will be king again!' but 'hey, maybe AMD's architecture had an advantage that never mattered in DX11 but now we're going to see a new battleground that will spur innovation.'  Honestly, GPUs has been pretty dull for the last 5 years or so.

I've been sitting in the camp for AMD to dissolve.  I want to see Intel take over Radeon, and pull all their engineers / driver teams and begin to scare nVidia in that field.  And then for nVidia to gobble up AMD64 and the CPU division of AMD, and then negotiate for an x86 license from Intel, in exchange for AMD64 - and then nVidia's wealth and expertise can be used against Intel and vice-versa.  I want to see some insane two-way competition where the only one who wins is us.

45 minutes ago, Lays said:

Who cares really?

We do have one: it's called Ashes of the Singularity. Dx 12 was supposed to solve the issue of inefficiency of dx11, and Ashes does just that. Dx 11 processes graphics in a serial manner, and dx 12 does in a parallel manner using asynchronous compute. Not only did it improve performance in GPUs over dx 11, it give amazing boosts to i3s to the point that their performance in dx 12 was comparable and even beat i7s in dx 11. What more evidence are we supposed to wait for? Do you also need more evidence to know that Maxwell cards don't have asynchronous shaders and that trying to do asynchronous compute with software is like trying to do hyperthreading on a pentium through software? This is a benchmark from yesterday on Ashes in case the 1st few were not enough:

44 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Well, it's scoring pretty well on Steam, but how it that in anyway relevant? Crysis 3 is a mediocre game and yet everyone cares about how well their set up can run it. How does whether the game is fun or not detract from the technical aspects?

37 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i'm actually blaming the ashes game devs for this, because the only other example i've seen had literally no change in the average fps differences beteen amd and nvidia going from DX11 to DX12.

As much as I want AMD to do well, they should be ashamed of themselves for promoting that game the way they did. Asynchronous compute would have most likely helped in the game if ALL the NPCs in that game were interactable. They're not even "there". Anytime Agent 47 and the enemies you can actually interact with shoot each other, the bullets go right through the crowds and you can even walk through them at certain points.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

40 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

on every amd card since 2010

old AMD RADEON HD 7970'S are beating GTX 970's

benchmarks to back that up please

and

Vulcan is more likely to become better than DX at this point 

6 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

--

go look up the dx11 vs dx12 benchmarks on the new tomb raider game, unlike the ashes benchmarks they actually show some interesting results, but they also show next to no difference going from dx11 to dx12 between nvidia and amd.

it makes me wonder what tomb raider did different to ashes, and who of the two is the biased one (or the horrible coder...)

59 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

and no driver,,,

The fury x is beating superclocked GTX 980 TITANIUMS 

and the titan x is nowhere close .......

CALM DOWN, FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!!!!!

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

12 minutes ago, Lays said:

In my eyes, AOTS is a benchmark for all kinds of DX12 features that really improve performance, since that's what DX12's aim was originally (IMO). That's what separates AOTS from other games which don't use any DX12 features to improve performance significantly. nVidia has had months to attempt to support these features and optimize so that when games came out with these features, they would already have good performance.

Instead what has happened is this: nVidia is being slapped around by Radeon with these new, really powerful features, and they've totally ignored even trying to optimize for this game and DX12 in general. There are some features that Maxwell GPU's can't even do efficiently, like asynchronous shading. Sure, DX12 isn't going to be widely popular for a little while, but they should still care about it. 

I think nVidia is just waiting to release Pascal, and leave DX12 to that. After Pascal is out, they can abandon Maxwell like they have Kepler, which has utterly terrible performance with ANY fancy settings turned on in AOTS. That way, they can sell more GPU's (to people wanting crazy DX12 performance) making them even more money. 

I used to be quite active here.

AMD is much faster than nvidia in DX12 games...blah blah blah! IN ONE GAME!!! ---¨the one game that now ship for free with AMD cards... **HINT!!**

Here is another full DX12 based game...unfortunately it has been cancelled...but still..nvidia slash the competition in THAT DX12 GAME...even AT 4K:

http://gamegpu.com/mmorpg-/-%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%BD-%D0%B8%D0%B3%D1%80%D1%8B/fable-legends-test-gpu

fl_2560.jpgfl_384.jpg

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR