Food lifespan in turned off fridge?

PhantomChevron

Hello everyone, I know this is an extremely weird question, but do any of you know around how long food in the fridge can last assuming I do not open the fridge door at all during the period it is turned off? Asking this because they are turning off the power in my block to do maintenance and I need to know. The power will be off for 9 hours. 

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

3 minutes ago, captainlolz7 said:

Hello everyone, I know this is an extremely weird question, but do any of you know around how long food in the fridge can last assuming I do not open the fridge door at all during the period it is turned off? Asking this because they are turning off the power in my block to do maintenance and I need to know. The power will be off for 9 hours. 

9 hours is fine. You can manage about a day or two with a bag of ice in there.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

Depends on the fridge size, amount of food in there, your temp settings, etc..

9 hours would be a stretch for me. I'd chuck anything overly perishable after about 7 hours. It should be noted my fridge isn't the best, I keep some sensitive foods (seafood for ex.), and am cautious.

If you have a well insulated fridge you could probably get away with it.

As they said above however, chucking a bag of ice in there is a good plan.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

5 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Shouldn't be that big of an issue if its closed the entire time. If you're worried, leading up to the event, chuck a bag of ice in there and then set it to the coldest setting. Once power is off it should be good for longer than it will need to be. 

5 hours ago, Admiral Naismith said:

Depends on the fridge size, amount of food in there, your temp settings, etc..

9 hours would be a stretch for me. I'd chuck anything overly perishable after about 7 hours. It should be noted my fridge isn't the best, I keep some sensitive foods (seafood for ex.), and am cautious.

If you have a well insulated fridge you could probably get away with it.

As they said above however, chucking a bag of ice in there is a good plan.

5 hours ago, Rangaman42 said:

9 hours is fine. You can manage about a day or two with a bag of ice in there.

Hmm, alright thanks, will buy a bag off ice before they cut the power and try it

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Google the model, the specs on the manufacturers website will tell you the fail safe time or whatever they call it