Rockit 88 Kickstarter funded: Intel CPU Delid Ttool

goodtofufriday

Source?: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/119374257/rockit-88-intel-cpu-delid-tool

Something I thought many people here may appreciate. Someone's gone ahead and made a deliding tool, and now that the project has been funded it will (hopefully) become a reality. This will help out a lot of OCers and would make a great companion review video to LTT's recent deliding video.

There is also a relid tool as well that may come out as a stretch goal.

Not really anything to quote here. It delids intel cpus. Nuff said.

I'm not affiliated at all with the KS, but you can be sure I'll be trying it out. 

Delid

7fa19d3b2cac9b9b3559cbd196b8fd92_origina

Relid

46ba6a7d27827ae99ad6471864a2888b_origina

3b44a2c0f0d557d23cd17b310da45e28_origina

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

First time something on Kickstarter has made me go "wow". This is really cool.

New nickname: Warrantybreaker2000 

I might back it though. Just to get one.

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

10 °C less with the delid + OC'd devils canyon oO"?

maybe going to try it

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

Say if I bought this tool and de-lidded my 4770k, could I use any TIM?

2 minutes ago, SuperShires said:

Say if I bought this tool and de-lidded my 4770k, could I use any TIM?

yes, but using anything but a liquid metal TIM such as CLU between the die and the ihs basically defeats the purpose. See linus's 6700k delid video and read the comments about how poorly he did it.

5 minutes ago, EdgeOfSanity said:

yes, but using anything but a liquid metal TIM such as CLU between the die and the ihs basically defeats the purpose. See linus's 6700k delid video and read the comments about how poorly he did it.

And I will continue to bump that thread, tagging him, until he renounces that terrible video.

Just now, Majestic said:

And I will continue to bump that thread, tagging him, until he renounces that terrible video.

was planning on doing that exact same thing. That thread will never fall off the main page until he makes a new vid with the delid and testing done properly.

5 minutes ago, EdgeOfSanity said:

I delidded my 3770k and because some reasons I am not yet able to get my hands on any liquid metal TIM and I just used my MX-4 TIM, I got a ~15°C on my heavilly overclocked chip (going from 95°C to 80°C with all the other conditions the same running at roughly 1.375Vcore and 4.8GHz). You don't need liquid metal but it is sure as hell advised.

Someone once said: "Having a rollercoaster on a PC would be epic"

So threw a rollercoaster on my K'nex PC: Project Dragon Khan- K'nex rollercoaster PC build

3 minutes ago, tomaatvk said:

I delidded my 3770k and because some reasons I am not yet able to get my hands on any liquid metal TIM and I just used my MX-4 TIM, I got a ~15°C on my heavilly overclocked chip (going from 95°C to 80°C with all the other conditions the same running at roughly 1.375Vcore and 4.8GHz). You don't need liquid metal but it is sure as hell advised.

f6MvpyV.jpg

Hey.

6 minutes ago, tomaatvk said:

the tim intel used on the ivy cpus was extra terrible so those results aren't that surprising since you were really pushing it. I got a 18c drop on my 6700k at the same clocks/voltages of 4.7ghz/1.376vc with clu. The amazing thing though are my temps at 1.5v+ and 5ghz. Still in the mid to upper 60s with x264 and upper 60s/low 70s with IBT.

15 minutes ago, EdgeOfSanity said:

So basically, if I'm going to get this tool I may as well buy some Liquid Ultra to go with it?

1 minute ago, SuperShires said:

So basically, if I'm going to get this tool I may as well buy some Liquid Ultra to go with it?

absolutely. There are some other liquid metal compounds that work well with a delid too. Do a little research and you might find one that works a little better than clu.

2 minutes ago, Majestic said:

-snip-

I can only say 1 thing, pump more voltage through it, it is sufficiently cooled and a little more voltage won't kill or even harm the chip.

I have ran benchmarks at 1.55Vcore at over 5.2GHz for short periods of time and I've also ran a 5GHz overclock for some time after the delid at 1.45Vcore. It can take it as long as the temperatures can too.

2 minutes ago, EdgeOfSanity said:

the tim intel used on the ivy cpus was extra terrible so those results aren't that surprising since you were really pushing it. I got a 18c drop on my 6700k at the same clocks/voltages of 4.7ghz/1.376vc with clu. The amazing thing though are my temps at 1.5v+ and 5ghz. Still in the mid to upper 60s with x264 and upper 60s/low 70s with IBT.

Those are some damn nice results, how are you cooling your CPU? I am running some cheapo €28 heatsink (so air).

So threw a rollercoaster on my K'nex PC: Project Dragon Khan- K'nex rollercoaster PC build

Is there any rules against advertising a product to break a warranty on a piece of hardware like this?

Is Intel likely to get their pants in a twist over this is what I am getting at.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

5 minutes ago, tomaatvk said:

Those are some damn nice results, how are you cooling your CPU? I am running some cheapo €28 heatsink (so air).

1320mm of radiator, ek supremacy evo, and all fans at idle. Stress testing on just the cpu might raise my water temp 1c or so with the fans running around 750rpm.

2 minutes ago, sof006 said:

Is there any rules against advertising a product to break a warranty on a piece of hardware like this?

Is Intel likely to get their pants in a twist over this is what I am getting at.

i doubt it, delidding a cpu voids the warranty. They shouldn't lose any money over it but theres always that person that will attempt rma fraud...

3 minutes ago, EdgeOfSanity said:

1320mm of radiator, ek supremacy evo, and all fans at idle. Stress testing on just the cpu might raise my water temp 1c or so with the fans running around 750rpm.

And I thought my 620mm of rad was a lot lol. 

3 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

And I thought my 620mm of rad was a lot lol. 

i live at 10,500ft in elevation on the side of a mountain. My fans move roughly half the volume of air through my rads as i would at sea level. Kinda had to go nuts with rad space to achieve what i wanted.

7 minutes ago, EdgeOfSanity said:

I'm here like, 120mm heatsink anyone?

14 minutes ago, EdgeOfSanity said:

i live at 10,500ft in elevation on the side of a mountain. My fans move roughly half the volume of air through my rads as i would at sea level. Kinda had to go nuts with rad space to achieve what i wanted.

Makes sense. Also sucks. Any pictures? Sounds like an insane or asinine setup.

26 minutes ago, Majestic said:

ITX motherboard with 3 phases. 4,7ghz @ 1,378 was too much :D

I don't wanna be the one to bring it to you but get a better motherboard although that may not be easy :P

I have a 12 phase ATX board, I've even pushed 1.65v through it once (I still can't believe my 3770k still lives...) without any trouble. However, with the new Broadwell-e chips released I suspect the enthousiast chips to be released soon too. I'm already in the process of looking for a 12 phase X99 motherboard.

47 minutes ago, tomaatvk said:

I don't wanna be the one to bring it to you but get a better motherboard although that may not be easy

The only ITX board that would be an upgrade is the impact. But for that premium I might aswell just sell the i5 and get an i7/xeon. ;)