Lg G5? or Samsung S7 ?

keavlar

Guys, what you prefer and why. I mean i saw the LG and it looks beastly, the battery too. In samsung i dont like the edge .

What you say!?

CPU - AMD 5800XMotherboard - ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING , Memory  - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 ,

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MSI SUPRIM X 12G,  Case - 4000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid - Tower ATX Case - Black ,

Storage - Samsung 970 EvoPlus 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB + 6TB HDD,

PSU - Corsair HX1000 , Display -  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A 165HZ + Dell 24 UltraSharp Monitor , Cooling - Noctua NH-D15 Black , 

Keyboard - Razer Stalker , Mouse - Logitec G502 Wireless , Operating System - Win 10 Pro , 

Sound - Logitech Z906 5.1 THX Surround Sound Speaker System

I mean, i would just probably go for the s7 due to how it looks. High end phone specs don't vary that much and all of them should be able to last for years with proper care. For me it really comes down to looks and maybe features although all phones have pretty much the same feature set. I know i know, lame right? No!

"Try not to take things personally; what people say about you on the internet is a reflection of them, not you!"

Galaxy S7, it just looks better built and refined. The G5's modular parts seem like a gimmick to me(great idea, poor execution. having to power off the device each time is BS). I watched Erica Griffins video on the G5, and while her unit might be an isolated case(small dents, horrible screen backlight, poor fit and finish), there was still nothing that the G5 has that the S7 doesn't(other than the removable battery, which isn't a big deal any more).

About the screen, so IPS not good i guess? 

CPU - AMD 5800XMotherboard - ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING , Memory  - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 ,

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MSI SUPRIM X 12G,  Case - 4000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid - Tower ATX Case - Black ,

Storage - Samsung 970 EvoPlus 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB + 6TB HDD,

PSU - Corsair HX1000 , Display -  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A 165HZ + Dell 24 UltraSharp Monitor , Cooling - Noctua NH-D15 Black , 

Keyboard - Razer Stalker , Mouse - Logitec G502 Wireless , Operating System - Win 10 Pro , 

Sound - Logitech Z906 5.1 THX Surround Sound Speaker System

I'd go Samsung, because all phones I owned from LG broke down way too quickly. Samsung isn't good either IMO, but hell pick your poison.

2 minutes ago, keavlar said:

But IPS is good IMO, it has pretty good viewing angles and decent colors most of the time

to game or not to game, that`s the question

10 minutes ago, keavlar said:

The number 1 complaint I am seeing is the screen backlight being un-even and having bleeding issues, which I have seen personally with a store demo unit, in a bright room(that's how bad it is). I'm sure LG will fix it eventually, but its hard to recommend a phone with screen issues when the competition(S7) has a excellent amoled display with no backlight issues(since it doesn't have a backlight, kek)

43 minutes ago, keavlar said:

Guys, what you prefer and why. I mean i saw the LG and it looks beastly, the battery too. In samsung i dont like the edge .

What you say!?

At the moment I would go S7. I would wait a year or two to see if LG's design catches on before buying it.

After watching Erica Griffin's Unboxing of the LG G5, i would say: Samsung Galaxy s7.

It just seems like the better phone. LG doesnt offer really anything, that makes it better.

Battery Life should hbe worse due to smaller battery.

LG only has a removeable battery (if that helps you somehow.. for me, this "feature" is useless), and a super wide angle camera. That's it pretty much.

Built Quality seems much better on the Samsung.

Display is definitely BETTER on the Samsung, since the LG G5 has an too cool Whitepoint, and too saturated colors. In the Galaxy you can still change to Basic mode, which is almost perfect sRGB.

So... From those first unboxings... I'm sure, the LG won't be able to beat the Samsung.

7 hours ago, UnlimitedTMD said:

I'd go Samsung, because all phones I owned from LG broke down way too quickly. Samsung isn't good either IMO, but hell pick your poison.

But IPS is good IMO, it has pretty good viewing angles and decent colors most of the time

I've owned this S5 for two years, and I am the single clumsiest person in the world. I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally thrown my phone by just bringing out of my pocket, or picking it up. To this day, there's only one crack in my acreen., technically, in the glass above the screen, and it's entirely unnoticeable most of the time unless I look for it.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

10 minutes ago, FruitBasketSilex said:

I've owned this S5 for two years, and I am the single clumsiest person in the world. I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally thrown my phone by just bringing out of my pocket, or picking it up. To this day, there's only one crack in my acreen., technically, in the glass above the screen, and it's entirely unnoticeable most of the time unless I look for it.

the same could be said about my Apple 5S.... but yeah... it still stands

to game or not to game, that`s the question