Modular Motherboard, the MSI THE ONE

Go to solution Solved by DaltonM,
Just now, Notional said:

Now that is truly an innovation from MSI. The audio, backplane and SATA/chipset part makes a lot of sense. The rest not so much. Too bad it's only ATX, as we really should move away from that to smaller sizes.

MSI is gonna get it for this one. It's an april fool's day prank.

NOT FUNNY. This is seriously something people would want. It's not like some modular fan controller they could joke about. 

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/The-One.html#hero-overview

So it's a slotted motherboard that's modular where you can slot in CPU sockets, dim slots, rear I/O, chip sets and more

This is seriously like a dream come true. Maybe I don't need a MOBO like this myself, but it's exciting for the future. I want all things to be modular >:) 

EDIT: Click the preorder button on the website. 

3 minutes ago, DaltonM said:

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/The-One.html#hero-overview

So it's a slotted motherboard that's modular where you can slot in CPU sockets, dim slots, rear I/O, chip sets and more

This is seriously like a dream come true. Maybe I don't need a MOBO like this myself, but it's exciting for the future. I want all things to be modular >:) 

but did the modular life choose you

I knew that someone was eventually going to add LEDs on the motherboard that will show whether something is working or not. Would be nice if modular PSUs did something similar too. Looks pretty neat, however I wonder how this work in the future, mixing up new CPU sockets with old RAM modules and/or chipsets and stuff.

But seriously that thing is a beast.  Lets just combine all da chipsets and have a build with red, green, blue, and everything.

1 minute ago, DaltonM said:

@dragosudeki and @Jskn

Click Pre-order.... 

WTF MSI. NOT COOL. 

oh yeah I just noticed it said ip68 cert.  Lets now have a underwater machine.   WATER NOT OIL

Now that is truly an innovation from MSI. The audio, backplane and SATA/chipset part makes a lot of sense. The rest not so much. Too bad it's only ATX, as we really should move away from that to smaller sizes.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Just now, Notional said:

NOT FUNNY. This is seriously something people would want. It's not like some modular fan controller they could joke about. 

1 minute ago, DaltonM said:

It's a little early for that, but I guess it could be. However when interest spikes, I'm sure they would consider making it (if it's technically/economically feasible).

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Let me just scribble out msi as a brand I'll buy from.....

Lord of Helium.

2 minutes ago, DaltonM said:

Just noticed. :(  Like I said, I don't think the modular motherboard idea would work, but I still want those debugging LEDs on motherboards and modular PSUs. Would be an easier way to know whether something is dead/not working and such.

I knew without reading the was an april fools

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

so is this real or not..

It's an April fools joke.

If your immediate reaction to the title wasn't "Bullshit" there is something wrong with you.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Know what I hate more than annoying april fools day jokes? April Fool jokes that are TOO EARLY!

Now w/e I look at the red dragon in my computer case I will remember this day! >_>'''

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Such a shame its an April 1st prank (even though its the 31st here).

ID PAY GOOD MONEY FOR THIS KIND OF STUFF.

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works. Practice is when everything works but you dont know why. In this computer, theory and practice are combined: Nothing works and i dont know why.

Atleast i can manage Some things, like my current OC personal best.

This is an April Fools joke. Modular mobo plus the pre-order button gave it away before I even clicked on the link.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

dafuq? its the 31st, and i'm 6 hours ahead of the US, where the hell is MSI based out of?!

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

1 minute ago, Maslofski said:

dafuq? its the 31st, and i'm 6 hours ahead of the US, where the hell is MSI based out of?!

They probably did it now because of Australians.