Project "N1GHTRAV3N" by Focux

Focux

frantic_gijoe_plane_sm.jpg

[OUTDATED]

I am from Singapore, in this log, I will aim for a build that has a high price-performance ratio per dollar that doesn't sacrifice appearance at the same time. Kindly advice me as I go along. Cheers! Motive: Programming, networking, video/3D/photo editing, gaming and work CASE NZXT Phantom 630 Gunmetal PSU Seasonic Platinum 1000W Motherboard AsusTek Rampage IV Formula (Asus R4F) or Maximus V Extreme or Z87 CPU Intel Core i7 3820 (3930K or the new 3820 coming soon) or 3770K or 4770K RAM 4X4Gb Avexir Core DDR3 1866MHz (G.Skill TridentX 2400MHz or Corsair Dominator Platinum 1600MHz) [Do advice] COOLER Custom liquid cooling SSD Samsung 840 Pro 128Gb (no need for super fast SSD's as my ramdisk kills every enterprise grade SSD 9Gb/s) HARDDRIVE Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM GPU Palitx GTX560 OC (Hate this card, thinking of GTX Titan when GTX700 series is out) [Do advice] CASE LIGHTING NZXT HUE RBG LED DVD WRITER Samsung 24X FANS Stock NZXT 200mm intake or CoolerMaster Megaflow 200mm Red (dedicing on the BitFenix Spectro Pro 200mm) Silverstone AirPenetrator 121 (AP121) bottom rad fan X2 in push Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP15 Radiator fans X3 for top 360 rad in pull Alphacool ST30 360mm rad Alphacool MONSTA/UT60/XT45 240mm rad (still deciding) Swiftech MCP655-b EK D5 X-Top CS Black pump top Phobya 250 balancer res XSPC Raystorm chrome/EK Supremacy cpu block XSPC 3/8 ID 5/8 OD Tygon/Masterkleer/Primochill tubing EK Blood red or EK UV Lime green coolant XSPC G1/4 black nickel or EK G1/4 black nickel Peripherals: MOUSE Microsoft Intelli 3.0+1.1 MOUSEPAD Razer Goliathus Speed Fragged Edition-Large KEYBOARD CoolerMaster Storm Quickfire Rapid Brown with PBT caps(still deciding on cap color) HEADSET Razer Megalodon 7.1 (Seems broken, may be getting a new headset, looking at Sennheiser PC350/360) [Do advice] Pics will come along as time goes by. Would be heading to the land of the rising sun this sunday, so there would be no progress...my apologies.

[UPDATED]

CURRENT COMPONENT LIST

Asus Maximus V Extreme Z77 LGA 1155

Intel Core i7 3770K clocked 4.5ghz @ 1.2v

Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8Gb 1866mHz

EVGA GTX 760 SuperClocked

Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb

Samsung 24X DVD Writer

DDC3.2/MCP355 Pump

XSPC Acrylic Tank res for DDC pump+twin 3mm Blue LED

XSPC Black Chrome 3/8's 5/8's fittings X6

XSPC Black Chrome 90d fitting G1/4 X1

XSPC Black Chrome 45d fitting G1/4 X1

EK Silver 45d fittings G1/4 X1

PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT BloodShed Red 10ft 3/8's 5/8's ID/OD

CURRENT PERIPHERALS

Dell U2412M

Cooler Master Storm QFR Rapid Mech KB Browns with "escape panic doubleshot PBT keycap"

Microsoft Intelli 3.0

Razer Goliathus Fragged Alpha Speed Edition

Sony XBA-40 Quad Balanced Armature drivers(music only, looking for new audio solution)

UPCOMING PERIPHERALS

Logitech Ultimate Ears UE900

Asus Xonar DGX(deciding on Audio section of this forum)

Zowie EC1/2 and Razer Deathadder 2013(have the DA2013 but i don't wanna use something that originates from my country)

Razer Manticor(same reason as my DA2013 but i'm kinda keen to try a hard/metal pad; been using soft pads for years)

AudioTechnica ATH-AD700/900X(heading to Japan this autumn so i'll most likely pick up my (AudioTechnica <-dirt cheap i must say) and Zowie EC

UPCOMING COMPONENTS

Asus Xonar DGX(deciding on Audio section of this forum)

Graphic card/S(very inclined towards the Asus GTX760 and reference GTX770)

Samsung 840 256Gb (contemplating for games)

ps. i didn't think i'd need anything else for internal components as my motherboard already has got wireless and thunderbolt. furthermore, those are the 2 "things" that aren't exactly needed by any stretch ofthe imagination for a desktop.

my Western Digital Blue 1Tb is screwed.gonna RMA it and sell off to buy a new one very likely; any recommended HDD's other than WD? Say Seagate Barracuda or stick to WD(kinda want to stick with WD but thought having some suggestions would be ideal)

Cheers peeps.

IMG_16734.JPG

For your radiator fans - the Ap121's are supposed to be pretty good. Could also look to some Noctua NF-F12's. Nice component list - pretty beefy system!

Sorry for late post - let me know if you are looking for advice on any of your components - looks like you have most now.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

If I were you I would wait till GTX 700 series. The gap between GTX 500 and GTX 600 was 15 months and its been 12 months since the release of GTX 600 series, so if they follow the same schedule we should see GTX 700 series in about 3 months (June).

Well if you havent built it yet I would say just get a 3770k and overclock that. and I would also say to get the G.Skill Trident 2400Mhz RAM if you are going to do 3D Rendering,Editing stuff like that H220 is really good but be sure to put a good fans with it also. and dont get the Titan if you are going for price to performance ratio and would advice to get 2 660 ti's even factory overclocked ones instead of the Titan and get a 840 Pro

Would waiting for Haswell be advisable? I'm waiting so far lol

IB-e is probably coming out Q4 2013. Haswell on a socket 2011 is probably not going to come very soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Big update guys, all my WC parts are here. All of them are by XSPC. The remaining components will be from Alphacool, EK and Koolance.

Items in the pic: XSPC D5 Vario, XSPC Dual 5.25inch Bayres, XSPC High FLX UV Clear tubing, XSPC Black Chrome fittings X6(probably need 1 more, will get soon) and lastly a XSPC EX360 19fpi radiator along with a XSPC 360mm gasket.

post-4905-13667862481381_thumb.jpg

post-4905-13667862481381_thumb.jpg

looking good, I am looking forward to seeing the end result. :D

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys how do i post pictures with this new vBulletin..?

You still use the same (IMG)"image link"(/IMG) tags only with [] instead of ().

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |