"Gaming" LAPTOP or PC...

Now, there's no denying PC is better value for the $$ however I'm looking for a set up I can use at my girlfriends or when she either wants to neglect me for GTA V, or me do my University work (Games development, so kinda need a card in whatever system I choose) now I already have a 970/i5 build at home, and was originally looking for a 970m in a laptop that would get me by and allow her to get off my back when I wanna relax on CS aha. However, I just can't justify the price when I could throw this 970 build in her room and have a nice 980ti system at home for myself. 

I guess the only reason I'm straying towards a laptop is simply based on the portability and the reason I'm straying against it is the life span of a laptop and the price:performance ratio, hm. This is more of a thought-process to myself, as oppose to asking for advice. On the other hand, any help would be appreciated.

3 minutes ago, Wiizimov said:

Now, there's no denying PC is better value for the $$ however I'm looking for a set up I can use at my girlfriends or when she either wants to neglect me for GTA V, or me do my University work (Games development, so kinda need a card in whatever system I choose) now I already have a 970/i5 build at home, and was originally looking for a 970m in a laptop that would get me by and allow her to get off my back when I wanna relax on CS aha. However, I just can't justify the price when I could throw this 970 build in her room and have a nice 980ti system at home for myself. 

I guess the only reason I'm straying towards a laptop is simply based on the portability and the reason I'm straying against it is the life span of a laptop and the price:performance ratio, hm. This is more of a thought-process to myself, as oppose to asking for advice. On the other hand, any help would be appreciated.

Why not a mini ITX build?

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

if you want portability just get one of those tiny cube cases, it only takes a second to set up a monitor and plug everything in. I do it all the time.

Current Build: Core i7 4790k @ 4.6, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 8gb (2x4gb), GTX 980ti, NZXT Kraken X61, Fractal Define R5  EVGA Supernova B2 850w, Some 300gb hard drive.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W7CNrH

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pleeper said:

if you want portability just get one of those tiny cube cases, it only takes a second to set up a monitor and plug everything in. I do it all the time.

<3 380t

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Silverstone sg13 is really small and will take a 980ti and aio cpu water cooler with room for a couple of drives. If it's only going to be at yours or hers then that would get my vote. 

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pleeper said:

The portability was really so I could take it with me in my bag to University or something along those lines, can't quite imagine myself walking around with a case in my hand, no matter how small it is haha :D

12 minutes ago, Wiizimov said:

MINI ITX:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ympfYJ
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ympfYJ/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($363.94 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($107.99 @ Best Buy) 
Motherboard: EVGA Z170 Stinger Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($187.50 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($68.99 @ Adorama) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($148.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($119.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 Nano 4GB Video Card  ($519.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair 380T Mini ITX Tower Case  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Silverstone 500W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply  ($94.99 @ B&H) 
Case Fan: Thermaltake CL-F042-PL12SW-A 40.6 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($24.73 @ Amazon) 
Other: NZXT Hue Plus ($59.99)
Total: $1841.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-28 13:04 EDT-0400

Yeah, I put a Nano in. Why? Because it looks cute in there, that's why!

Solitaire. 

Just now, Stardar1 said:

MINI ITX:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ympfYJ
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ympfYJ/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($363.94 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($107.99 @ Best Buy) 
Motherboard: EVGA Z170 Stinger Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($187.50 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($68.99 @ Adorama) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($148.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($119.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 Nano 4GB Video Card  ($519.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair 380T Mini ITX Tower Case  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Silverstone 500W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply  ($94.99 @ B&H) 
Other: NZXT Hue Plus ($59.99)
Total: $1841.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-28 13:04 EDT-0400

Yeah, I put a Nano in. Why? Because it looks cute in there, that's why!

You loyal, I appreciate you <3

Just on a side note, I think you'll be surprised how quickly you can get used to moving a tower. I am a tower user and I have no problem breaking that thing down and putting it in the car in a moments notice.

4 minutes ago, CoffeeandBagels said:

Just on a side note, I think you'll be surprised how quickly you can get used to moving a tower. I am a tower user and I have no problem breaking that thing down and putting it in the car in a moments notice.

See, no one has said laptop. hahaha Like a MSI GS40 is 1200GBP, and then I could build this for 100 more http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/tPdKCJ (picked that 1 stick of 8GB, because I have 16GB in my 970 build that i'd switch out for the 1 8GB before I put it my girlfriends room) But doesn't feel right having 2 full PC set ups haha

Especially when my stepdad is on that Celeron CPU and 2GB DDR2 RAM hype.