750ti vs r7 370 which is better

EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Superclocked 2GB GDDR5 128BIT DUAL-LINK DVI-I HDMI DP Card w/ G-SYNC Support

MSI Radeon R7 370 TwinFrozr V 1070MHZ 4GB 5.7GHZ GDDR5 2x DVI HDMI DisplayPort PCI-E Video Card

Building a budget pc and want to know which of these cards has better dollar to performance.

Would really Help

This is my build. Need it under $600 including tax and shipping

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/P6mFcf

I live in Canada so the prices a very different verses the US

The 370 is better, MUCH better. However that being said I suggest you post a full build. Sometimes there is money to be saved, like going with an h chipset motherboard instead of the Z, not splurging on that $100 case in a $500 build, and so on, which may be able to bump you up to the R9 380.

don't get a fx 6300 wait for ZEN

3 minutes ago, astranger200 said:

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/RztDpg

go that. it can be upgraded to an i5/i7 in the future

prefer the amd for the 6 cores and for the fact that i won't really be upgrading the cpu hence wanting something powerful to start

also with tax that is way over budget

Just now, alphamonkey said:

prefer the amd for the 6 cores and for the fact that i won't really be upgrading the cpu hence wanting something powerful to start

they are about equal in performance, however the i3 draws far less power and for the most part is better at gaming (most games only use 2-4 threads not 6 hence the i3 wil perform better)

My rig: r7 1700 @ 3.9/1.35v, 16gb ddr4 3200, assorted rando SSDs, hx 1050, vega 64 1650/1025

MY $75 BUILD https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/576889-the-75-build-log/#comment-7547280

1 minute ago, astranger200 said:

they are about equal in performance, however the i3 draws far less power and for the most part is better at gaming (most games only use 2-4 threads not 6 hence the i3 wil perform better)

but there is still the problem of price for it is around $100 more when counting taxes

1 minute ago, alphamonkey said:

but there is still the problem of price for it is around $100 more when counting taxes

my prices do vary a bit for the sales and the fact I don't need to ship those parts.

doing some studying i came upon the choice for a later upgrade on the 13 4170 would mean more money out of the pocket and

my build has an atx motherboard which when put into your build doesn't really work for my price.

Although I won't be upgrading the motherboard would allow me to have more pci slots and more variety in the future if i choose to ADD anything (not change)

27 minutes ago, Bobby_Joe_90 said:

don't get a fx 6300 wait for ZEN

^ This...  and if you can't wait, get an Intel i3-6100, it will in most respects be faster than the FX-6300 if gaming is your goal.  Same price, better chip.  Pair it to a H110 motherboard, save money there too.

24 minutes ago, alphamonkey said:

also with tax that is way over budget

The AMD isn't powerful, it is priced where it is for a reason.

http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/350/AMD_FX-Series_FX-6300_vs_Intel_Core_i3_i3-6100.html

In single theaded applications, the i3-6100 is 74% faster on average, in purely multi-threaded applications, they are dead even.  Except that few applications can really use ALL 6 cores effectively, making the i3 faster most of the time.

The FX-6300 also has no upgrade path, the i3 does because the upcoming Kabe Lake should drop right in, should you want a i5 in the future.

The i3 also pulls about half the power of the FX chip.

This is what I would do if I had a hard limit of 600:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($155.25 @ shopRBC)
Motherboard: ASRock H110M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($61.50 @ Vuugo)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($62.05 @ Vuugo)
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($49.99 @ NCIX)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 950 2GB Video Card  ($181.50 @ Vuugo)
Case: Xion XON-310_BK MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($25.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($57.98 @ NCIX)
Total: $594.26
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-03-26 02:08 EDT-0400

However, I would do whatever I could to try and get an i5 instead of the i3. It's a huge bump.