GTX 970 1440p?

Brentfisher71

Hi, I have a pretty nice gaming rig (of course not the best) but I have a horrible monitor at just 1680 x 1080 with horrible color reproduction and wanted to upgrade to a 1440p ips panel but Idk if my system can actually run that beefy of a monitor in todays titles like gta 5, dying light, dayz, and battlefield 4.

My system specs:

Xeon E3 1231 V3 3.4ghz Quad Core cpu

Gtx 970 gpu windforce edition

16gb ddr3 ram

750w power supply

If anybody could give me some insight that would be awesome

Lower settings and you should be good

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

yes you can but not at ultra that's for sure. but yes you still can get decent frame rate on high for gtav cause i actually tried and max out with more than 60 fps for battlefield thats for sure battlefield is not so demanding. Well dayz and dying light both i haven try yet so i don't know for sure.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

not on ultra, but medium/high will be fine

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

6 minutes ago, Quibiss said:

Been gaming with a 970 on a 1440p panel a while ago and it was fine. I dont know about DayZ and BF4, but GTA V and Witcher 3 (the most demanding games I played back then on the rig) ran fine and stayed above 60fps with the "right" settings.

The Witcher 3 isn't very hard to run with the right settings lowered, and there isn't any noticeable loss in visual quality either.

HBAO+, Anti Aliasing, V-Sync, textures and detail at high, foliage draw distance at ultra, and everything else at the lowest settings. There's little difference in visual quality, and I see a more-or-less locked 60FPS everywhere save for Novigrad, where my CPU is the bottleneck.

Its capable at not really maxed settings on certain games. At best, if there are four settings (low, medium, high, and ultra), at best its at high and at worse... barely at medium.

Ok, thank you guys a lot for the feedback. I was gonna get either another 970 or a 980 or a 980ti but now that pascal is coming out I have to wait so I have to stick with the single 970 until then.