At what price will you pick up a VR headset immediately?

kenjigreat

200 dollars. 

Magical Pineapples

$200 and I would put it on my wish list. $100 and I would buy immediately. Nothing wrong with my monitor so VR would be a gimmick. Rather get 1440p ultra wide.

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

$200

CPU: me | Dark Rock Pro 3 | Asus Z170-A | 32GB Dominator Plats | 512gb SSD/4TB WD Black | 980Ti | BQ Silent Base 800 | EVGA 850w |

01101110 01101111 00100000 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101
BEST PC FOR THE PRICE:

$400 $500 $600 $700 $800 $900 $1000

If you want to Silence your PC/Room more, contact me.

It's not so much about price as it is about how good it is (for me, at least). I bought the Oculus Rift DK2 for around £600, mainly to experience what it's like. While it's cool, it was a very long way from being "ready". I'm expecting it to be a similar situation with the consumer headsets. Maybe I'll invest in it in a couple of generations time. 

Depending on circumstances i would possibly pick one up for £200-300ish

1 minute ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

It's not so much about price as it is about how good it is (for me, at least). I bought the Oculus Rift DK2 for around £600, mainly to experience what it's like. While it's cool, it was a very long way from being "ready". I'm expecting it to be a similar situation with the consumer headsets. Maybe I'll invest in it in a couple of generations time. 

I think I agree with you. It's super neat. But switching from using a 4K native display all the time to a device with a much lower pixel count. My sensitivity to aliasing and pixels makes it pretty hard to peripatetic it.

I wouldn't, you look very retarded sitting around your room with that thing on your head.

But if I had to, £300 is the maximum  I think.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

Just now, iiNNeX said:

I wouldn't, you look very retarded sitting around your room with that thing on your head.

For someone that wouldn't you are willing to spend a lot more than the people here.

200-300 

Did you try turning it on and off first?

4 minutes ago, kenjigreat said:

For someone that wouldn't you are willing to spend a lot more than the people here.

Because the price of everything over this side of the pond is extortiantely high. 

Less than $400 if there were games I'd really want to play.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

i think prices will be lower when more 3rd party companies make VR headsets
that would probably happen when there's many popular games that has VR compatibility as an option not as a requirement

I think I'd be willing to pay $400, but I'd want better specs than the PS4 headset. I'd also want a good number of games. Regardless, I'm not buying anything until at least the second generation.

13 hours ago, iiNNeX said:

#livingalonemasterrace :P

600$. But only when enough good Games support it. I mean real Games, not VR Demos.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I'd pay $400 in a heartbeat for a Vive. Still considering getting a Vive, even for $800. I want so badly. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

free and then would shoot it cause VR is shit. Wake me when we have holograms that we can touch.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

350 pounds maximum, I dont think that will happen for at least 3-5 years.

Considering it is in similitude with a 1440p monitor in terms of pixel count, and is a 90Hz display... (Grossly simplifying, I know.) 

$100 worth of value on top of that in the form of VR experience...

$500

$150 and I would buy it right now, $300 and I would buy it next pay day.  My biggest problem right now with the $800 price tag is that I also need to upgrade my GPU.  I ran the SteamVR test (which I knew I would fail) but it made my machine cry.  Not that it will come as any surprise to anyone but an Radeon HD 7770 is not VR Ready.  lol

Also I am getting married in the fall, and weddings are expensive.

That said my office has some consumer editions ordered so at least I will probably get to play with the Oculus pretty soon.

For me its less about the price of the hardware and more about the technology having widespread support and integration in AAA titles, when/if it ever hits that point i'll go buy a headset regardless of cost.