What are the rules for the forums?

Neuromanic

I am new to linus tech forums and Im just wondering if someone could direct or or give me a list of the rules

The Community Standards as posted above.

In short, just don't be a douche. Welcome to the forum by the way!

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

11 minutes ago, Neuromanic said:

I am new to linus tech forums and Im just wondering if someone could direct or or give me a list of the rules

first rule, no potential flame war starting topic like "AMD vs Intel" mmkay? xD

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

first rule, no potential flame war starting topic like "AMD vs Intel" mmkay? xD

mk

Rules?

If someone is getting an Nvidia card, ALWAYS offer an AMD card counter and say he must ditch the thought of getting an Nvidia card.

If someone has an AMD processor, ditch the question he/she has and blame it on the processor and show a graph on how much better Intel is.

If someone is on a budget and what to build a PC, ALWAYS go Intel, because AMD is garbage (according to forum rules of course) and is NOT an option, no matter the budget.

If someone has a problem with an Nvidia card, always blame Nvidia and tell him AMD is superior in every way so that it is his fault for not going red.

This basically sums up 90% of the comments posted here, so it HAS to be the rules...right?

Don't be a dick and be excellent to each other.

The best forum rules ever.

I got fed up of all the forums where I kept getting in trouble for posting typical internet humor or sweary posts.

Linus is my fetish.

1 hour ago, WarWeeny said:

Rules?

If someone is getting an Nvidia card, ALWAYS offer an AMD card counter and say he must ditch the thought of getting an Nvidia card.

If someone has an AMD processor, ditch the question he/she has and blame it on the processor and show a graph on how much better Intel is.

If someone is on a budget and what to build a PC, ALWAYS go Intel, because AMD is garbage (according to forum rules of course) and is NOT an option, no matter the budget.

If someone has a problem with an Nvidia card, always blame Nvidia and tell him AMD is superior in every way so that it is his fault for not going red.

This basically sums up 90% of the comments posted here, so it HAS to be the rules...right?

90% huh? Appears to be sound stats.

Above rules = confirmed.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

4 hours ago, GeekJump said:

90% huh? Appears to be sound stats.

Above rules = confirmed.

ikr.

You must be one of those rare 10% people.