I notice i have bad habit of playing music really loud

Bajantechnician

So i have a bad habit of playing music really loud with earbuds( good thing im not a road rager who goes down the street in my no muffler lamborghini with music blasting) so i have a equalizer for bass on my phone, and I notice that i play it loud enough to hear it *faintly* from about 5,6 inches away.

Is that a bad thing..... Or......

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

I notice that i play it loud enough to hear it *faintly* from about 5,6 inches away.

Is that a bad thing..... Or......

Yeah that's bad, especially with earbuds.

When it is really quiet...or if you press your hands firmly against your ears do you hear a faint ringing sound? This is tinnitus and is a sign of permanent hearing damage (almost everyone has it to some degree or another, and it is not reversible). Yes, you are most likely playing your music too loud. 

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

is fine

no stop

not til the blood comes

then no stop still

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

Yea its bad.

Just now, kerfurfulsnitz said:

Yes.

what should i do.

I notice its a habit ive started doign after *she* drove me, with pretty loud music, like one time.

R.I.P

2 minutes ago, branden_lucero said:

what? can't hear you. 

huh?

type louder

1 minute ago, Papakuma said:

When it is really quiet...or if you press your hands firmly against your ears do you hear a faint ringing sound? This is tinnitus and is a sign of permanent hearing damage (almost everyone has it to some degree or another, and it is not reversible). Yes, you are most likely playing your music too loud. 

not really ringing... just feels wierd, since it seem so quiet after

1 minute ago, Ostwind said:

is fine

no stop

not til the blood comes

then no stop still

no

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

Get noise canceling headphones if you hate backround noise

no, its not that

*higher volume=nigher bass*

and i have a equalizer already

8 minutes ago, kerfurfulsnitz said:

Yeah that's bad, especially with earbuds.

yeah, thats what i guessed.

ok updat, when i hold the earbuds at lap level when sitting, i can hear it.

so my hearings not shot, i can still hear it literally right after taking them out of my ears

24 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

yeah, thats what i guessed.

ok updat, when i hold the earbuds at lap level when sitting, i can hear it.

so my hearings not shot, i can still hear it literally right after taking them out of my ears

Firstly, I think you are playing music too loud.

Secondly, when you are holding it it's not like it's in your ear. In your ear, most of the sound moves towards your ear. When you are holding it it moves to the air around it, which makes you hear it from a distance(I'm no scientist, just my basic understanding of how sound works, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

1 minute ago, arielbeje said:

Firstly, I think you are playing music too loud.

Secondly, when you are holding it it's not like it's in your ear. In your ear, most of the sound moves towards your ear. When you are holding it it moves to the air around it, which makes you hear it from a distance(I'm no scientist, just my basic understanding of how sound works, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

I see.

what im trying to say is that i have it to loud, i can hear it from a foot away

12 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

I see.

what im trying to say is that i have it to loud, i can hear it from a foot away

Try to tell one of your friends to put them on(not a prank or something, make sure that he knows it's kinda loud probably) and then you will hear how people around you hear it.

Just now, arielbeje said:

Try to tell one of your friends to put them on(not a prank or something, make sure that he knows it's kinda loud probably) and then you will hear how people around you hear it.

i know i have pretty sensitive ears, i can hear things other people cant

so that might be a thing

1 minute ago, Bajantechnician said:

i know i have pretty sensitive ears, i can hear things other people cant

so that might be a thing

So you can also ask your friend to see if he can hear it when you are listening to music.

Lol, didn't know that you made a thread on this, not sure if it's a bad habit, you either want to immerse yourself in the music & isolate outside noise it's one of these, remember , loud music sounds better even if it's not well balanced, might i suggest you buying a good portable amp & a good in earbuds just to test it out? , you can enjoy music at a lower noise at a higher quality, you might soften up on that habit, pretty sure other members will have good suggestions for it

Details separate people.

6 hours ago, Ostwind said:

is fine

no stop

not til the blood comes

then no stop still

Yup, basically watercooling for your ears... with blood, with permanent hardware damage.

Listening to anything too loud using headphones can cause permanent, irreparable hearing damage. The damage might be only very slight, for example I have degraded hearing in very high frequencies and occasional tinnitus, but it's permanent so you should be careful.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

heh, yea gotta be careful with volumes. Ever since some douche at a party ruptured both my ear drums with a pair of confeti pistols I've had tinitus- and since have gradually been turning up volumes when im gaming, driving, or just listening to music, in some kind of an attempt to drown out the damned ringing. 

soo yea, hearing is precious. take it from someone who literally has been without silence for almost three years now, having hearing damage sucks dick. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

5 hours ago, kajar9 said:

Yup, basically watercooling for your ears... with blood, with permanent hardware damage.

is fine

blood fine

more louder

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

could be your earbuds leak sound or you do in fact have the music blasting. If I'm really into a song I slowly turn it up because THAT'S MY JAM!...To prevent going deaf I set volume locks on all the devices I can. My Ipod is set to half way, etc. etc. Eventually you get use to it and it saves your ears <3

I also have sensitive ears...I once picked up a squirrel's fart from across the yard o.O

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Yeah it's bad, especially if you've got those earbuds that make you not hear anything but the music.

If you can't hear your fingers snapping you're definitely playing it too loud.

Really, just teach yourself to have the volume lower, you'll get used to it and be less likely to have hearing problems later in life.

The train I take is usually occupied with a guy that has his music so loud you'd think he played it through the speakers, yet he's wearing earbuds.

The conductor once asked him to turn it down, he didnt even hear him.

So many things I could write here... things like this.