Dont know if i want to build my new pc myself or someone other to do it

vramnik7

Im getthing a new pc not cheap and i know how to build it and all but the problem is when i build i i dont know more like drivers and all :/ thats why i can take it to a shop or dunno help me ;(

well make ur dreams come true

2 minutes ago, vramnik7 said:

Im getthing a new pc not cheap and i know how to build it and all but the problem is when i build i i dont know more like drivers and all :/ thats why i can take it to a shop or dunno help me ;(

Well the drivers are probably one of the easiest parts. If you have any questions most of the LTT fourm should be able to help quick. However a basic rundown, just go to a manufactures website and find your product, download driver, install and repeat for other parts!

What if, your legs. Didn't Know. They were legs????

Just now, CarterTJames said:

Well the drivers are probably one of the easiest parts. If you have any questions most of the LTT fourm should be able to help quick. However a basic rundown, just go to a manufactures website and find your product, download driver, install and repeat for other parts!

Ok but like sound driver and other drivers ? :(

Windows update takes care of most drivers. They might not be bang up to date, but it's quick, easy and means they keep themselves updated. The only drivers you probably need the newest versions of are GPU drivers, which are easy enough to download from Nvidia's/AMD's website or get through GeForce/Crimson.

Just now, vramnik7 said:

Usually you can get away without having to, Windows does that automatically in the background, 

If you aren't comfortable building it yourself, call some local pc stores and see if they do assembly. But its actually pretty easy and fun. Watch some YouTube videos and take note of how they do it.

Just now, TacticlTwinkie said:

If you aren't comfortable building it yourself, call some local pc stores and see if they do assembly. But its actually pretty easy and fun. Watch some YouTube videos and take note of how they do it.

no i can build it its easy but the drivers i am not sure

Those are usually found on the motherboard's website, along with LAN drivers, chipset drivers, and such. Just download all of the drivers from the site and install them all.

3 minutes ago, vramnik7 said:

Windows will do that on its own. Video drivers are probably the hardest drivers to install and that is super easy. For Nvidia you just gotta download a program from their site and it downloads and installs the right driver. Not 100% sure about AMD, but I think it's very similar

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, TacticlTwinkie said:
Just now, Minibois said:

Windows will do that on its own. Video drivers are probably the hardest drivers to install and that is super easy. For Nvidia you just gotta download a program from their site and it downloads and installs the right driver. Not 100% sure about AMD, but I think it's very similar

Those are usually found on the motherboard's website, along with LAN drivers, chipset drivers, and such. Just download all of the drivers from the site and install them all.

Internet driver ? How many drivers are there mate ?

Drivers? You just go on your motherboard maker's website and download the drivers there. It's that simple.
Not to mention, Windows 10 will automatically find most, if not all, the drivers you even need to begin with.
In the worse case, you should have a driver CD that comes with your hardware when you buy it, you just pop that in and a guide will walk you through the entire process.

Drivers is literally the easier part of PC building.

Heck, you could just post your build on here and someone will probably give you a list of all the things you should download, all you will have to do is install them.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just now, TetraSky said:

Drivers? You just go on your motherboard maker's website and download the drivers there. It's that simply.
Not to mention, Windows 10 will automatically find most, if not all, the drivers you even need to begin with.
In the worse case, you should have a driver CD that comes with your hardware when you buy it, you just pop that in and a guide will walk you through the entire process.

even with the LAN internet driver ?

Just now, vramnik7 said:

Unlike with older computers(Pentium 4 era), modern Ethernet LAN generally support the generic driver that's already built-in Windows. Exactly so that a user would have Internet right away and thus get the rest of his drivers online without relying on the driver disc.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just now, TetraSky said:

Unlike with older computers(Pentium 4 era), modern Ethernet LAN generally support the generic driver that's already built-in Windows. Exactly so that a user would have Internet right away and thus get the rest of his drivers online without relying on the driver disc.

So its easy with win10 ? :)

4 minutes ago, vramnik7 said:

If the worst comes to the worst and you don't automatically have an ethernet LAN driver (which you almost certainly will), just install the one which is on the CD which comes with your motherboard. From there, windows update will do the rest. 

Yes, very :) ! If you run into any problems, just post on here, look how many people are willing to help with a purely theoretical issue! 

1 minute ago, vramnik7 said:

Very!

2 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

ok but from fresh start win10 when i install it how can i choose to put the win10 on my ssd ? not my hard drive ?

ok but from fresh start win10 when i install it how can i choose to put the win10 on my ssd ? not my hard drive ?

The installation process gives you a choice of which drive to install it on, or if you want to be super, extra, overly sure, just don't plug in the SATA and SATA power into the HDD until Windows is already installed on the SSD. 

Just now, vramnik7 said:

You just select the SSD. Windows 10's install process should show the Name and the Size of the SSD, meaning it should be easy enough to know which drive it is. Heck you could just UNPLUG the harddrive before starting the install process, to make it even easier for you. When it's complete, just plug it back in and that's that.

Having just built a PC from scratch for the first time, I can honestly say the software was the easy part.

I had done plenty of hardware upgrades, OS installs, etc. in the past so I felt pretty confident going in.

Assembling the PC was significantly more labour intensive than I thought. I took me more than a couple hours.

Took up my entire dining room table. Boxes, bags and manuals were everywhere. 

Handling a new case takes care and it starts to get pretty heavy as time goes on.

In the process I managed to knock over the the case side panel and crack the clear part.

I also had a bad sata cable from new which took a bit to figure out what was causing my new SSD to read as failed.

Overall it wasn't too bad. With only a couple of issues. Going in I thought it was going to be easy but my stress level got pretty high a couple times during the process.

What I can say is as long as you have another way to access the internet you should be able to find answers to any issues that come up.

if you don't feel comfortable building your own pc go to a local shop but i would suggest building your own and ask the local shop to help you do the aftermath (drivers, windows, etc.) and the experience and accomplishment of building your own is awesome

Build it yourself.

Drivers are absolutely no issue

1. Use a different computer to download drivers from your motherboard manufacture's website and Graphics card manufacture's website
  2. Save these files onto a USB
  3. When you install windows onto the PC, plug in the USB and double-click all of them

As for building, just follow a LTT tutorial, really not hard. Nothing has changed as per hardware installation for AGES.

Someone else might have said this already, I'm too lazy to read the rest of the comments.

If I've said something wrong, please correct me

My Builds:

Peripherals: 
Keyboard: Roccat TKL Pro Cherry MX blue, Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD, Headset: Currently apple earbuds, planning to upgrade to hyperx cloud or hyperx cloud 2 
Really Old Desktop 
 Processor: Intel Core i7 920, Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-FX58-DS4, RAM: 9GB Corsair XM3 (3*3GB in triple channel) 600 or 800mhz, Graphics Card: Asus 8400GS passive, Asus GT630 4GB if i can get it working, Case: Cheapo Throwout case with most of the standoffs missing, HDD: Some old 80GB hard drive, PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 550w, Monitor: 32" Kogan TV, OS: Fedora 13 
 Laptop Which I Use For Everything: 
Processor: Intel Core i5 3337U, RAM: 8GB (2*4GB) 1600MHZ, Graphics Card: Nvidia 710m HDD/SSD: WD Black2 Dual Drive, OS: Windows 8.1 
 40 GB/s Network Tester
Processor: Some really good Intel Core i3, Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3, Ram: Corsair Value Select 4GB (2*2GB) 1600MHZ, Graphics Card: Integrated, Case: Some 1U rackmount mini-itx case with no front bays, HDD: Seagate Momentus 5400, 250GB 2.5" 5400RPM, PSU: Enchance 250W 80+ Bronze 1U power supply, CPU cooler: Cooljag double ball bearing 1U cooler (70DB! 70DB!), NIC: Mellanox 40Gb/s QSFP+ PCIe 3.0 8x NIC, Monitor: any ones lying around, or 32" Kogan TV, OS: CentOS 6.2 (I Think)
Planned 100Gb/s Newtork Tester
Processor: Intel Core i7 4790k, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Impact, Ram: Kingston or G.Skill 8GB 2400MHZ Low Profile, Graphics Card: Integrated, Case: 1U Rackmount ITX case, HDD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB, PSU: Enchance 250W 80+ Bronze 1U power supply, CPU cooler: Cooljag double ball bearing 1U cooler (70DB! 70DB!), NIC: Mellanox 100Gb/s PCIe 3.0 16x NIC, Monitor: Any lying around or 32" Kogan TV, OS: Fedora 22 or CentOS