My Higher End PC Can't Handle 1000hz Polling Rate

Specs

Processor: Intel Core i7-6700k CPU @ 4.00 GHz

RAM: 16 GB

Graphics Card: GTX 970

Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING M5 ATX LGA1151

So for some reason my PC cant handle 1000Hz for my mouse's Polling Rate and my friend who has almost the same exact build can. Also I just tried stress testing it and while it was stress testing it the problem stopped occurring. Wondering if anyone can help. Thanks!

Sorry for not defining can't handle it. I mean it just makes the whole computer lag and in games it drops the fps a significant amount.

What do you mean it cant handle it?

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

Tablet "Buddy":                 Trekstor Wintron 10.1|

Just now, Rodniz said:

What do you mean it cant handle it?

It lags my whole PC when I move my mouse and in game drops fps

Just now, MyNamesLucky said:

Maybe it's a driver issue? or maybe your PC is utter shit, jk jk

But yea i hope you fix the issue soon 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

1 minute ago, MyNamesLucky said:

Only when u activate the 1000hz on ur mouse? Or is something other related to it?

Budget Rig "Curable":     | FX 6300 @4.5Ghz | Asus R9 270x | Asus Crosshair IV Extreme | 16GB HyperX Beast | 120GB PNY SSD

Tablet "Buddy":                 Trekstor Wintron 10.1|

42 minutes ago, ProKeero said:

Maybe it's a driver issue? or maybe your PC is utter shit, jk jk

But yea i hope you fix the issue soon 

42 minutes ago, Rodniz said:

Only when u activate the 1000hz on ur mouse? Or is something other related to it?

Only at 1000hz and I went through my whole device manager and Updated Drivers for everything

42 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Is the CPU running 4ghz confirmed? If it's at 800mhz and low-power the polling could cause issues.

What do you mean 4 GHz confirmed?

Only at 1000hz and I went through my whole device manager and Updated Drivers for everything

try using a different usb port? maybe your operating system is borfed?

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

39 minutes ago, ProKeero said:

try using a different usb port? maybe your operating system is borfed?

I have tried every usb port and Im not sure about the Operating System cuz I have Windows 10

39 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Have you actually verified the CPU running 4ghz under load. It could be stuck at 800mhz.

How would one go about that

I have tried every usb port and Im not sure about the Operating System cuz I have Windows 10

Get real temp and run aida 64 or prime95 and see if the cpu runs at full frequency

P.S note that prime95 can damage your cpu if you run it for a extended period of time, so when running it run it for like 5 seconds or 2 mins but not 10 mins or 2 hours

Hope this helps :P

5 minutes ago, ProKeero said:

P.S note that prime95 can damage your cpu if you run it for a extended period of time

Stop perpetuating this if you don't know why this was being said in the first place.

First of all, it matters which version, secondly if you're overclocking or not, and thirdly which voltage-mode the board is running.

Version 25.11, stock clocks and auto voltage can run for days on end.

Version 28.6, overclocked and adaptive voltage can overvolt it severely and risk damage.

Just now, ProKeero said:

Get real temp and run aida 64 or prime95 and see if the cpu runs at full frequency

P.S note that prime95 can damage your cpu if you run it for a extended period of time, so when running it run it for like 5 seconds or 2 mins but not 10 mins or 2 hours

Hope this helps :P

I downloaded AIDA 64 now what should i do (Sorry For Asking So Many Question)

Was your mouse driver labeled as Windows 10 ready? Mine failed because of not being pecificly available for win10 (damm you Anker and your two websites:D). After found the right one it works fine for me

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X PBO GPU: Asus Strix RTX 3090 OC Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz CL17

CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i Capillex Storage: Samsung 980 Pro and 970 Evo 1TB Samsung 860 EVO 1TB Crucial MX300 525GB WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX1000 Case: Corsair 500D SE RGB 6x LL120

The sensor readout is disabled in the trailversion. Just use CPU-Z and run some game, alt-tab and look.

Lol its fine go to tools at the top and press stress test. :P

28 minutes ago, ProKeero said:

BTW Im so confused cuz when i run stress it it fixes itself (WHAT THE HELL?)

28 minutes ago, ProKeero said:

After running the stress test for 2 mins it has a temp of ~40 degrees celcius

29 minutes ago, racer243l said:

Was your mouse driver labeled as Windows 10 ready? Mine failed because of not being pecificly available for win10 (damm you Anker and your two websites:D). After found the right one it works fine for me

Yes it says the driver is for Windows 10

2 minutes ago, MyNamesLucky said:

After running the stress test for 2 mins it has a temp of ~40 degrees celcius

Yea your cpu is locked to a certain frequency, i dont really know how to fix this because this usually happens on laptops :(

Hope you can get this issue resolved soon mate

Just now, Majestic said:

Are you running anything here in the background?

I have things like Firefox (Obviously Lol), File Explorer, Spotify, Steam, Logitech Gaming Software.

3 minutes ago, MyNamesLucky said:

I have things like Firefox (Obviously Lol), File Explorer, Spotify, Steam, Logitech Gaming Software.

What happens to that green number if you run the Aida64 stresstest?

CPU-Z.jpg.52d05a96ab0a8429d36c06bab5ca4b