Getting a PS4. What to do next?

ANUPLUCIFERGAMER

DISCLAIMER:FIRST THINGS FIRST. BEFORE YOU READ MY TOPIC AND TRY TO CLOSE THIS DOWN, I'D LIKE TO SAY A FEW WORDS: THIS IS NOT AN XBOX ONE VS PS4 THREAD. STRICTLY NO. I KNOW THAT THIS IS PC MASTER RACE FORUM. AND EVEN I SUPPORT IT. I JUST HAVE A FEW DOUBTS, SO IF YOU COULD READ THEM AND CLEAR THEM, I'D BE REALLY GRATEFUL TO YOU GUYS. WHICH I THINK I ALREADY AM.

So, I'll be getting a PS4 anywhere from next week to..idk (Whenever my aunt comes here). So after I get it, i'll be making gaming videos. Not as a profession of course, just as a hobby

Anyways, 

+What are some good 24' monitors out there which I should get? Try to keep it as low as possible. But that doesn't mean you get me some shitty product. Let's say, Keep it under 150$ if possible. I will mostly be playing First Person Shooters. BF4, Killzone etc

+Gaming Headsets of course. Some good ones. Should last me at least a couple of years without wearing out. I'm thinking to get one from Tritton or TurtleBeach

+Accessories. Custom Controllers(Scuff?), et cetera

+Mic. 

+Cheap Games.

Last thing. Isn't there any technology like steam for PS4? Do I HAVE TO buy the Disc for the game? May be quite noobish. But I'm new to this thing. 

That's it.

Thanks.

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

I use a pair of tritton kunais for about a year and counting. the removable mic is a great feature and the cord is a lot stronger than I thought. the amp that comes with it is shit though.

I would avoid Tritton, personally. I've had two of their headsets and both of them broke within a year. The first ended up losing audio in the left speaker, and the second one physically broke. a crack formed in the rigid headband and eventually snapped entirely.

As far as I know, you can use any USB headset with a PS4... don't quote me on that though.

Also, yes. The Playstation Network acts like a store, the same way Steam does.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

10 minutes ago, ANUPLUCIFERGAMER said:

Last thing. Isn't there any technology like steam for PS4? Do I HAVE TO buy the Disc for the game? May be quite noobish. But I'm new to this thing. 

PSN?

- I use the Cloud HyperX headset which comes with a decent mic too. They're not super high end or anything but they're hard to beat without pushing into the $200 price range. They also advertise that they can be used on a console.

- I assume you meant 24" TV as opposed to 24 ft lol. Honestly for small TV's if you're looking to buy new you're probably best off just going to Walmart or something like that, that way if you're not happy you can return it easily enough.

- PSN works fine for buying digital games, though you might need a bigger hard drive if you're going completely digital.

The PS4 have a headset jack build in the controller, you can use any headset with a 3.5mm plug.  Don't buy tritton or turtlebeach, they are rubbish.

You can buy the games from the Playstation store, BUT unlike steam, the prices in PSN almost never go down, no matter how old the game is,  you do get some sales every now and then, but usually is easier to find a game cheaper if is old in a physical store than in the playstation store.  

Also, most new games are close to 50 GB, and the largest disc size the PS4 comes with is only 1 TB.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

45 minutes ago, adamjp said:

- I use the Cloud HyperX headset which comes with a decent mic too. They're not super high end or anything but they're hard to beat without pushing into the $200 price range. They also advertise that they can be used on a console.

- I assume you meant 24" TV as opposed to 24 ft lol. Honestly for small TV's if you're looking to buy new you're probably best off just going to Walmart or something like that, that way if you're not happy you can return it easily enough.

200$? Will have to wait some time to get it :D

LOL. 24 Ft. I meant 24'' Monitor. With low response time. :D

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

1. You can get this monitor: Dell SE2416HX, it has an IPS panel and a 6ms response time, not bad

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-SE2416HX-Screen-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B01717TLMM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1457787607&sr=8-3&keywords=dell+s2415

2. Headset: Try the Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 http://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-PS4/dp/B00SAYCXWG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457787710&sr=8-1&keywords=kingston+hyperx+cloud+ii, mic is included

3. There are weekly sales in PS4, around this time is the Assassin's Creed sale, you may want to look into it

4. Yes and it's called PlayStation Network, although games there rarely drop their price unless it's on sale

5. IMPORTANT THING: Whether it is disc or digital, the game will always be installed on your HDD, so prepare something like a 1TB or 2TB SSHD for your PS4

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

9 hours ago, ANUPLUCIFERGAMER said:

200$? Will have to wait some time to get it :D

LOL. 24 Ft. I meant 24'' Monitor. With low response time. :D

My bad, I thought you had said TV vs monitor. Monitor's that are considered for "gaming" with super low response times tend to be a bit more expensive. You may have more luck with something like a Dell or HP monitor as suggested above since they are more designed for general consumer's who care more about a nicer looking IPS panel then 0 lag. Also, I meant the Cloud Headset was one of the best options without approaching the $200 market, the headset is closer to $100 and is a great value.

• 3 weeks later...

Get yourself an SSD! Don't listen to the people that say, "Oh you won't see much of a difference" because you most definitely will. 

Something to consider that the "Playstation 4.5" should be announced E3 this year. Just so you have won't be disappointed later maybe you should wait.

Getting an SSD is a nice small (very small) upgrade to load times also I've been using Sennheiser PC 363D Headset since Nov 2014 and they work nicely with the PS4.

On 3/11/2016 at 8:04 PM, ANUPLUCIFERGAMER said:

There is game streaming available for PS4 by way of Sony's Playstation Now Subscription Service, assuming it's available in your country.

(please note that link goes to en-ca which is Canadian English. you'll want to select your country from the bottom of the page if it doesn't do it for you.)

You pay a monthly fee and gain access to stream games on-the-fly from their admittedly large selection of games. They consist mostly of AAA hit titles, with many PS3 classics mixed in too, so you have a lot to choose from. Some of the latest titles won't be on the list of course, because Activision feels that you should cut off your right nut and hand deliver it to them for the latest Call of Duty game, along with ~$120 if you want access to everything the game has to offer. (Not starting a war on console per say - it's just as expensive on PC too.)

You also need a decent internet connection as these games stream at 720p and will definitely eat data if you have a limited amount of bandwidth per month, so play wisely. They used to offer 1 yr for $99 (probably was a holiday promotion), 6 months, 3 months, and 1 month subscriptions, but I now see it's down to the latter two. You can also rent single games for 1 day, 7 days, 30 days, and ... 60? 90? days too, if there's only a few titles you'd want to play, but keep in mind if you see yourself renting more than 5-8 titles a year for 30 days or longer, it's going to be better to just subscribe to the service altogether.

Use the 7 day trial to make sure you like the service and it works for you, then enjoy!

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

i personally love the playstation elite headphones ( i used em for music alot while walking to work lol )

wicked sound quality but battery life sux lol easily fixed with a wall charger placed wherever u r sitting lol

2nd controller with a charging station is nice too