Group Discussion (voice chat)

Ekaterian

I was wondering, is anyone expressly interested in starting something like a Teamspeak or Discord server specifically for the LTT Forums?

well i could set up a Discord server rigth now if you want? im pretty sure there isnt one yet

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

well i could set up a Discord server rigth now if you want? im pretty sure there isnt one yet

5 minutes ago, Ekaterian said:

I was wondering, is anyone expressly interested in starting something like a Teamspeak or Discord server specifically for the LTT Forums?

TS would probably be the best choice

GTX 1070 - Ryzen 5 3600x - Corsair H100i V2 - 32GB DDR4 3200

Spoiler

Check out my Minecraft channel here!

and what's going to be discussed there?

i dont wanna end up at the weird part of the internet please...

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Just now, Moonzy said:

Probably some Intel fans circlejerking in a corner

Spoiler

Just now, ZillaGames said:

TS would probably be the best choice

well Discord has text chat aswell and i prefer it to TS because TS is a fiddle and unselects my headphones and mic and shit :( 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

stuff, i dont know what the plan is tho, i dont know what would be said there but if you maby cant explain it in text you could talk or something?

Builds:

Spoiler

well Discord has text chat aswell and i prefer it to TS because TS is a fiddle and unselects my headphones and mic and shit :( 

Well, Teamspeak is probably the program most people have, so I suspect it would be the better route

Spoiler

Just now, ZillaGames said:

Well, Teamspeak is probably the program most people have, so I suspect it would be the better route

yah, but a discord server is free :P well i dont mind either way, i dont think it would be used much tho

Builds:

Spoiler

Discussions, gaming parties, meeting tech people...... Sounds cool for me, but im useless when it comes to setting up something like that :(

stuff, i dont know what the plan is tho, i dont know what would be said there but if you maby cant explain it in text you could talk or something?

i find it easier to explain things with text than spoken words lol

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I am quite the opposite.

Spoiler

i prefer talking tbh but im fine with wrighting aswell

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i prefer talking tbh but im fine with wrighting aswell

I prefer talking too

Spoiler

I can set up discord if you want? I've been using discord for quite a while now, and I could probably set it fully up in a few hours.

47 minutes ago, IPickle said:

I can set up discord if you want? I've been using discord for quite a while now, and I could probably set it fully up in a few hours.

it takes minutes, its like, 3 steps. its the easiest thing ever. server region, creating voice and text chanels and then ranks like Admin and whatever. its super easy. oh and you could have a chat bot like i do, its pretty nice, not that its used much but its cool :P

Builds:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, ZillaGames said:

9 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

it takes minutes, its like, 3 steps. its the easiest thing ever. server region, creating voice and text chanels and then ranks like Admin and whatever. its super easy. oh and you could have a chat bot like i do, its pretty nice, not that its used much but its cool :P

59 minutes ago, IPickle said:

1 hour ago, ZillaGames said:

I prefer talking too

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Anyone, go for it! Just post the link on this topic and I'll mark it as solved.

44 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Properly setting up permissions etc. can take considerably longer than 3 mins :P

8 minutes ago, IPickle said:

Properly setting up permissions etc. can take considerably longer than 3 mins :P

Would you like to be in charge of setting it up?

Just now, Ekaterian said:

Would you like to be in charge of setting it up?

Sure, I just need to finish timestamps first then I will get onto it :)

Just now, IPickle said:

Sure, I just need to finish timestamps first then I will get onto it :)

May want to ask an admin first however

1 minute ago, IPickle said:

True, I'll get on that.

2 minutes ago, IPickle said:

Is there any admin in particular I should ask?

Just now, Ekaterian said:

Is there any admin in particular I should ask?

dw, i'll ask.