390 CF or 980 Ti? Upgrade from 390

Which is the better option based on the information I have provided?   

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better option based on the information I have provided?

• 980 Ti
    • Crossfire R9 390's

I'm a bit stuck on a decision... 

About 2 months ago, I bought an R9 390 with the intentions of buying a second one later on. That time has come. But I am having a bit of trouble deciding what to do here. 

So the original plan was to get a second 390, end of discussion. But now that has changed to the possibility of a 980 Ti, which is a pretty awesome card. 

Dual 390's do have more raw performance than a 980 Ti, but the 980 Ti is a single card, which means upgrade possibility. Though there is a downgrade in RAM capacity by 2GB. 

A little down the line (maybe August) I will be getting a 3440x1440p curved ultrawide monitor, preferably with variable refresh rate technology (AMD Freesync or Nvidia G-Sync). If I got with the two 390's, I would get the Predator XR341CK, if the 980 Ti, I would get the Predator x34. Both are great monitors, but the Predator x34 is $500 (AUD) more expensive than the Predator XR341CK. Which means more expense down the road. 

Heat output and power consumption isn't really an issue with for me, though silence is a major factor as I will soon (within the next month) be making my system as quiet as I can. It should be noted however, that I am using an 850 watt 80+ Silver PSU. The rest of my system can be viewed on my profile page here on the forum. 

To get the 390, all I have to do is simply buy another one from the store and put it in my system. The process for the 980 Ti however, is not so simple. 

I currently have a 390 in my system as well as $500 allocated to the next upgrade. In order to get a 980 Ti, I would have to sell my current 390 and use the money from that sale toward the 980 Ti. All sounds good, but I don't know how much a second hand 390 would go for on eBay. (The 390 I have is the Asus Strix OC Edition).

I haven't overclocked it at all, actually quite the opposite. I have had the mode set to Silent in the Asus GPU TweakII app which brings the clock of the GPU down from 1050 to 1030 MHz, the memory clock from 6000 to 5980 MHz and the power target to 90%. This, as I see it, would show that the card is in great condition with very little possibility of damage to the card on my part. 

I have also only done short gaming sessions on it as I have been busy with school stuff. 

I still have all the stuff that came in the box, including the box itself. Even the code in there for warships or whatever hasn't been redeemed. 

Based on the information above, if you would say to get a 980 Ti, how much do you think (in AUD) my 390 would go for on eBay? As it is a vital part of getting a 980 Ti. 

So what do I do guys? What's the next move? I'm also willing to hear any other alternatives you may suggest. 

i would never go SLI/crossfire - the hassles and unsupported platform is just not worth it.

Half of the developers do not support it, and the only thing it is actually good for are benchmarks.

Go for the 980Ti, or wait for the new GPUs to be released later this year.

I wish all Questions could be answered that easy.

Powerfull Single GPU over SLI/CF - check

Fastest single GPU on the marked - check

980Ti it is.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO