What countries have the lowest prices for computer hardware?

What countries around the world get the best deals on hardware pricing, and where is it cheapest to be a gaming enthusiast?

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

America i think, they always get the best deals from what ive seen

Although if you want really cheap games, china/russia/brazil sells games dirt cheap online

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

USA gets the cheapest hardware in general. 

Then if we're going by exchange rate to USD, it goes something like this (best to worst price) for countries I know of. 

For a 980Ti:

USA - $620 USD
Canada - $860 CAD = $641 USD

Germany - €647 EUR = $710 USD

Australia - $963 AUD = $721 USD

United Kingdom - £530 GBP = $754 USD

I know Brazil has ridiculous prices for hardware because of import charges, but I'm unsure of the actual costs. 

10 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Russia gets relatively low Steam prices, I wonder if their hardware prices are also low.

Expensive af, trust me. The only reason games are cheap is because they sell region locked games in little shops at the malls they have. I bought Just Cause 2 when I was in Russia and I couldn't activate it when I got back to the states.

If it wasn't for VAT, hardware prices in Denmark are actually slightly lower than in the US.

Japan has great deals on hardware if you know where to look, unless you decide to go to a retailer like Sofmap. Then you get shafted. 

Just over a year ago, I found the parts for my system at two store chains in Akihabara called Tsukumo and Dospara. There I found the following:

A (still perfectly functional) ASRock Extreme9 Z77 motherboard for ¥8690 (about $75 at the time)
A Core i7-2600K with enough binning to ramp up to 5GHz cost me ¥21,900, ~$185-195.

An Asus Radeon 7970 DCU II - the last good DCU II card that Asus ever made - another ¥21,900.

A 650W Antec Earthwatts Platinum which has withstood all the abuse I've given it - ¥6640, ~$60

A white Fractal Design Define R4 for the equivalent of $80

and a Seidon 240M for the equivalent of $90.

Sure, they were used, but they were professionally tested and sold with a 7-day, no-questions warranty.

I don't care what anyone says - those were some insanely good prices for what I got, especially considering how long ago that was. Later I managed to pick up a laptop for my brother with a true quad-core i5 for around $140 there. Sure, the majority of what I saved was down to a weak Yen and exchanging dollars over to Japanese currency, but that's all part of the fun. And it seems to be what people use to gauge price differences here, so...

Weeaboo Degenerates Assemble, All Hail to Glorious Nippon! :P

1 hour ago, KemoKa said:

*snip*

If we're going with used part, I would argue that Canadian used parts for an American buyer (that can quickly and easily cross into Canada). Prices in CAD are usually similar than the USD prices on local classified and hardware forums, making used parts 25% cheaper if an American decided to do a simple drive to come and pick up a part. Though I realize this isn't for the majority of Americans, but it's still possible!

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

• 4 years later...
On 3/9/2016 at 9:48 AM, Oshino Shinobu said:

USA gets the cheapest hardware in general. 

Then if we're going by exchange rate to USD, it goes something like this (best to worst price) for countries I know of. 

For a 980Ti:

USA - $620 USD
Canada - $860 CAD = $641 USD

Germany - €647 EUR = $710 USD

Australia - $963 AUD = $721 USD

United Kingdom - £530 GBP = $754 USD

I know Brazil has ridiculous prices for hardware because of import charges, but I'm unsure of the actual costs. 

Wait a bit, actually, if you are canadian it is cheaper. Canadians have a higher minimum wage (7.87 USD/Hour)