Before you buy amp and DAC + recommendations.

Dackzy

Was this thread helpful?  

473 members have voted

1. 1. Was/is this thread helpful?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, ChinChinLunLun said:

Here's a tip: Make your own thread about your precious THX AAA 789. If people like it, fine. Telling someone else to delete their thread because that amp exists is stupid.

I just made a suggestion that the amp should be included. And stupid is contradicting yourself 3 times every message and then telling the other person they have mental problems.

18 minutes ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

I just made a suggestion that the amp should be included. And stupid is contradicting yourself 3 times every message and then telling the other person they have mental problems.

Huh?

On 12/29/2018 at 12:30 PM, Wolf_Lbh said:

Every other amp recommendation is now obsolete unless you can't afford the $350 price tag on this puppy.

On 12/30/2018 at 8:50 AM, Wolf_Lbh said:

Also massdrop is absolutely an option for everyone you just sometimes have to get their products from other people/retailers. That doesn't mean the product itself doesn't exist. And I wasn't aware this amp colored the sound at all. I thought it was unbelievable accurate and efficient. Which goes back to my point: Delete your thread, pack up all the boxes, it's over. Everybody go home.

If i'm contradicting myself, you're a massive hypocrite then.

Again, point still stands, your THX AAA "suggestion" does not fit here.

1 minute ago, ChinChinLunLun said:

Seemed like you were pretty serious. You're either bad at sarcasms and metaphors, or you're actually trying to cover up the fact that you messed up.

Seems like you're really bad at picking up on social cues, possibly autistic. I mean how could he recommend the amp if he deleted the thread? Should be instantly obvious I wasn't literally telling him to delete the thread. Also there aren't any boxes to pack up and most of us already are home. For someone without mental damage that contradicts themselves constantly it was pretty obvious to figure out I wasn't being literal.

41 minutes ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

Seems like you're really bad at picking up on social cues, possibly autistic. I mean how could he recommend the amp if he deleted the thread?

Oh, I don't know, maybe because its the internet? Where social cues were already either autistic or dead freaking serious this recent decade?

Should be instantly obvious I wasn't literally telling him to delete the thread.

It also said nothing about "suggesting" the amp.

I wasn't literally telling him to delete the thread. Also there aren't any boxes to pack up and most of us already are home. For someone without mental damage that contradicts themselves constantly it was pretty obvious to figure out I wasn't being literal.

Or maybe you're just covering up for your mistake.

Admit it, you messed up.

Point is, THX AAA 789 sonically doesn't fit the list and is behind a time-wall that's dictated by Massdrop.

1 minute ago, ChinChinLunLun said:

Oh, I don't know, maybe because its the internet? Where social cues were already either autistic or dead freaking serious this recent decade?

It also said nothing about "suggesting" the amp.

Or maybe you're just covering up for your mistake.

Admit it, you messed up.

You really should seek help.

9 minutes ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

You really should seek help.

Or maybe admit that:

1.) You messed up
2.) The THX AAA isn't good enough to be on the list of recommendations due to not only how it sounds, but also the process of even purchasing one
3.) YOU are the one that should seek help

2 minutes ago, ChinChinLunLun said:

Or maybe admit that:

1.) You messed up
2.) The THX AAA isn't good enough to be on the list of recommendations due to not only how it sounds, but also the process of even purchasing one
3.) YOU are the one that should seek help

1) Please tell me if I messed up and literally meant for him to delete the thread how he would recommend the product I suggested in it. Tell me what the point of that would be. Tell me what boxes should literally be packed up. Tell me how people that are likely already at home could literally go home. Go on. I'll wait.
2) Sounds like you're upset. Even in the review/measurement you yourself linked to it was incredibly highly praised so please tell me how it doesn't sound good enough to make this list just because you aren't intelligent enough to use a shipping service?
3) For the past several messages all you've done is repeat your same contradictions and unable to even believe in them yourself anymore you are now just repeating the same line. Admit defeat and I shall make sure your death is a painless one. (Please do not be alarmed and contact admins/police this is not to be taken literally. I know you have problems with that so I've included a disclaimer)

11 hours ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

Please tell me if I messed up and literally meant for him to delete the thread how he would recommend the product I suggested in it. Tell me what the point of that would be. Tell me what boxes should literally be packed up. Tell me how people that are likely already at home could literally go home. Go on. I'll wait.

You messed up in how you tried to present your metaphor. If anything, you basically said that the amp recommendations are irrelevant passed the THX AAA's price while being disrespectful to the OP.

Sounds like you're upset. Even in the review/measurement you yourself linked to it was incredibly highly praised so please tell me how it doesn't sound good enough to make this list just because you aren't intelligent enough to use a shipping service?

Sounds like you really don't get the point. Its the proxy services as its not available to a good chunk of EU and Asia. And when it comes to measurements, there are little to no agreeable values in measurements or even measurements that says anything about timbre, staging, separation, etc...

For the past several messages all you've done is repeat your same contradictions and unable to even believe in them yourself anymore you are now just repeating the same line. Admit defeat and I shall make sure your death is a painless one. (Please do not be alarmed and contact admins/police this is not to be taken literally. I know you have problems with that so I've included a disclaimer)

For the past several posts, you're the one contradicting yourself.

So, get over it. You messed up.

7 hours ago, ChinChinLunLun said:

You messed up in how you tried to present your metaphor. If anything, you basically said that the amp recommendations are irrelevant passed the THX AAA's price while being disrespectful to the OP.

Sounds like you really don't get the point. Its the proxy services as its not available to a good chunk of EU and Asia. And when it comes to measurements, there are little to no agreeable values in measurements or even measurements that says anything about timbre, staging, separation, etc...

For the past several posts, you're the one contradicting yourself.

So, get over it. You messed up.

I've never met someone as thick as you.

what's a good Interface/daw to get...that's better for guitar man? Opinion's. That has like output option's etc

2600x 4.3ghz-Loop

Msi X470 gaming plus

EVGA SuperSC CL16 3200 16gb

gtx 1060

pny nvme 480gb

mushkin eco3 480gb

Sound Blaster Audigy FX

Cooler Master GXII Pro 750w.

10 hours ago, Wolf_Lbh said:

I've never met someone as thick as you.

Look in the mirror, there's someone thicker.

6 hours ago, JRzoid said:

what's a good Interface/daw to get...that's better for guitar man? Opinion's. That has like output option's etc

I don't think this is the right thread to ask the question.

2 hours ago, ChinChinLunLun said:

Look in the mirror, there's someone thicker.

Oh wow, that's as witty as everything else you've said.

• 3 weeks later...

Should this thread not be removed as pinned, does not seem to contain nothing other than bile.

3 hours ago, RasmusDC said:

Should this thread not be removed as pinned, does not seem to contain nothing other than bile.

Uhm what? There are simple explanations to the basic terms and recommendations to gear in the more entry and mid range level segment of DACs and amps, why is this "bile"?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

why is this "bile"?

Maybe he is referring to the last exchange which admittedly is something mods can look into as a part of cleanup.

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

22 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

Maybe he is referring to the last exchange which admittedly is something mods can look into as a part of cleanup.

Yeah that exchange went rather poorly, but I don't think that he is because of the remove thread comment.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

nope.. but it does need cleanup.. 

but i do know than 90% of these threads are no value adding throwing bricks at eachother, and the main problem is, that the thread looses it´s value, so starting a new one with the same topic, and removing this might be the answer... or cleaning it up..

because i do feel the topic is really interesting.

personally i am looking into something a bit more powerful amp wise, and i was looking here to see what people were chatting about. but were put off by this nonsense in the last few pages.

2 hours ago, RasmusDC said:

nope.. but it does need cleanup.. 

but i do know than 90% of these threads are no value adding throwing bricks at eachother, and the main problem is, that the thread looses it´s value, so starting a new one with the same topic, and removing this might be the answer... or cleaning it up..

because i do feel the topic is really interesting.

personally i am looking into something a bit more powerful amp wise, and i was looking here to see what people were chatting about. but were put off by this nonsense in the last few pages.

well the last few pages are out of my control, I can't control what people write. The post is mainly for newbies, which means that I can't go too technical and need to keep it basic to not scare away people.

I try and keep my main post updated as much as possible with new DAC and amp recomenndations, but ofc I can't update it every time something new comes out.

I do agree that there could be cleaned up in some of the replies.

Ofc if you want gear added or a topic/term added then feel free to say so. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Dackzy just curious to know what you think of the monoprice  cavelli amp the monolith liquid spark seeing as you recommended the atom and magni. many enthusiasts seem to like it I got one mainly because of reception and availability in canada. My personal impresions are in a sense lovely gives me punchier bass but brighter mids and highs. And is worthy competitor to the magni and atom. I may have some bias here but after hearing the atom and magni myself. out of the 3 the atom sounds the best followed by the LS, build and knob feel is LS, magni, then atom. 

4 hours ago, rice guru said:

Hey Dackzy just curious to know what you think of the monoprice  cavelli amp the monolith liquid spark seeing as you recommended the atom and magni. many enthusiasts seem to like it I got one mainly because of reception and availability in canada. My personal impresions are in a sense lovely gives me punchier bass but brighter mids and highs. And is worthy competitor to the magni and atom. I may have some bias here but after hearing the atom and magni myself. out of the 3 the atom sounds the best followed by the LS, build and knob feel is LS, magni, then atom. 

Hi i haven't personally tried either, because monoprice is basically impossible for me to get where I live. I have personally mainly heard okay things about the monoprice cavalli amp, not so much the spark, the few times I have talked with people about it they have claimed that the atom would be a better buy than the spark. I will have to do some research to see if they are good enough to go on the list and maybe see if I can get a couple of loaner units so I can test them.

17 hours ago, Dackzy said:

Hi i haven't personally tried either, because monoprice is basically impossible for me to get where I live. I have personally mainly heard okay things about the monoprice cavalli amp, not so much the spark, the few times I have talked with people about it they have claimed that the atom would be a better buy than the spark. I will have to do some research to see if they are good enough to go on the list and maybe see if I can get a couple of loaner units so I can test them.

I definitely agree with those people but their is something fun about this amp thats hard to resist for me. it kinda seems like it colors the sound a bit while that sounds like bad thing it makes things brighter and have thumpier bass and it's ina sense fun. and I though if your going to recommend the magni might as well recommend the LS because out of the 3 the ATOM is the best buy

6 hours ago, rice guru said:

I definitely agree with those people but their is something fun about this amp thats hard to resist for me. it kinda seems like it colors the sound a bit while that sounds like bad thing it makes things brighter and have thumpier bass and it's ina sense fun. and I though if your going to recommend the magni might as well recommend the LS because out of the 3 the ATOM is the best buy

well the magni is an option for EU people or really anyone that isn't close to the US, where the likes of the Atom and spark just don't make any sense because they will be so expensive to get imported. It sounds like the Spark has a V shaped coloration