can somebody fix the forum ?

givingtnt

its been 2 months. and the forum is still a mess. I mean, the nav looks terrible ! 

nothing is aligned the proper way.

can we have the member titles back ? 

can the typing aeras be boxes instead of guesses ?

Mod Edit: If you have a specific issue, PLEASE post a thread in bugs about it. Your bug can't be fixed if we don't know about it, so please report any issues you come across rather than just complaining that we haven't fixed it.

Edited by colonel_mortis

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

oh and here's a suggestion : make the links blue or orange. they are easy to miss sometimes when they have the same color as the text.

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Can we get a pic to see what you're referring to? All text boxes align perfectly for me...

EDIT: Member Titles yes please, though.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

3 minutes ago, MblaZe7run said:

Can we get a pic to see what you're referring to? All text boxes align perfectly for me...

EDIT: Member Titles yes please, though.

look at the nav

why is it so wide and weird

why is it aligned to the center while everything is aligned to the right ?
why is the ltt logo off by itself compared to EVERYTHING exept the part of the nav thats there

or they could remove the annoying restrictive width

Wait, I just realized you can't see member titles on posts. Also they should bring back the 'find content' button, that was super useful.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

has it really been two months since they updated the forum 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

They've said that they are working on member titles but it's no a high priority.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

The Quote System is still broken.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I've had a few times where quoting anyone blew up the textbox. Logging in LTT through incognito mode seems to temporarily fix the issue...

And opening up the editor for previous posts takes abnormally long. Not sure what's up with that.

Still can't delete quotes on Android.

Linus is my fetish.

also can we have an option to either have 300000 notifications Or have them collaps into the way they are now ?

I want to know if 38 people replied to a topic, and have them indivualised.

if 2 people quoted me, I only see it as one

13 hours ago, givingtnt said:

its been 2 months. and the forum is still a mess. I mean, the nav looks terrible !

Soon

can we have the member titles back ? 

For the 10423543th time, maybe.

can the typing aeras be boxes instead of guesses ?

Maybe.

make the links blue or orange

Possibly.

12 hours ago, skyress3000 said:

Also they should bring back the 'find content' button

To view a member's posts? It still exists. Hover over their username/picture and click "find content", or go to their profile and click "see their activity"

12 hours ago, crystal6tak said:

I've had a few times where quoting anyone blew up the textbox.

What do you mean by "blew up"? Can you report a bug, including full details of the browser that you're using and how to reproduce.

10 hours ago, Bhav said:

Still can't delete quotes on Android

Fixed soon.

22 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

also can we have an option to either have 300000 notifications Or have them collaps into the way they are now ?

I want to know if 38 people replied to a topic, and have them indivualised.

Based on feedback that we got before the upgrade, everyone else disagrees with you. Why do you want them individualised?

Anyway, not possible.

23 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

if 2 people quoted me, I only see it as one

No, it says "x and y quoted you in", though I do see the appeal of that being separated into separate notifications. That's not possible either though.

HTTP/2 203

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I have no issues deleting them on android.

Well, on android with chrome browser.

Linus is my fetish.

I just want the "show HTML code" button back, or whatever it was called.

Made formatting posts a billion times easier. Would it be possible to get that back? I had to spend like an hour to fix the networking board post, and it would have been like a 5 minute job with the old editor.

8 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

I just want the "show HTML code" button back, or whatever it was called.

Made formatting posts a billion times easier. Would it be possible to get that back? I had to spend like an hour to fix the networking board post, and it would have been like a 5 minute job with the old editor.

No, it's not possible. We did try to get the forum software devs to add some sort of replacement, but they wouldn't listen, and it is not at all easy for us to add it ourselves.

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

No, it's not possible. We did try to get the forum software devs to add some sort of replacement, but they wouldn't listen, and it is not at all easy for us to add it ourselves.

Just wondering if I should make a thread for this:

When I type @ and the follow it up with a name, it doesn't actually do anything until my 4th or 5th attempt. I'll stop doing this when it works.

@colonel_mortis

@colonel_mortis

@colonel_mortis

@colonel_mortis <-----this one didn't until I hit backspace.

Happens in all browsers on several PCs.

11 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

When I type @ and the follow it up with a name, it doesn't actually do anything until my 4th or 5th attempt. I'll stop doing this when it works.

@colonel_mortis

@colonel_mortis

@colonel_mortis

I have had luck by typing @colonel_mortis by typing the @ symbol then waiting a bit. It is sometimes grumpy though

13 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

@colonel_mortis

@colonel_mortis

@colonel_mortis

Are you sure it's happening in all browsers? I can't reproduce it in Firefox or Chrome in Windows 10.

HTTP/2 203

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

Are you sure it's happening in all browsers? I can't reproduce it in Firefox or Chrome in Windows 10.

Yes. I can record it when I get home, if you want.

I've tried it with Firefox and Chrome, not Edge. I shouldn't have said all.

One PC on 7 the other on 10.

Just now, JoeyDM said:

Yes. I can record it when I get home, if you want.

I've tried it with Firefox and Chrome, not Edge. I shouldn't have said all.

That would be a good idea. When you record it in Firefox (or Chrome, but I prefer the firefox dev tools), before starting to type, can you press F12 and switch to the network tab, then press ESC so that the dev tools contain both the network waterfall and the console. Record your screen including the dev tools, then post the screen capture in a new Bugs thread.

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

That would be a good idea. When you record it in Firefox (or Chrome, but I prefer the firefox dev tools), before starting to type, can you press F12 and switch to the network tab, then press ESC so that the dev tools contain both the network waterfall and the console. Record your screen including the dev tools, then post the screen capture in a new Bugs thread.

Will do. I'll be home later tonight.

9 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

I can reproduce it, but not reliably. I will try to record or screencap when it happens again

26 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Make a quoteIMG_20160308_101349.thumb.jpg.20f89b733f

Double tap the titlebar

IMG_20160308_101305.thumb.jpg.2ff0b8ee06

Press backspace

IMG_20160308_101311.thumb.jpg.f8b1b8458c

Using real genuine photos for proof

Not working on my Nvidia shield, you also have a different keypad to me.

Linus is my fetish.