Alienware Predator 2 Halo Banshee/Ghost Case mod

NuKe

So after building my first full case mod (Here) I've got a modding bug going on. I was searching for a case that was organic and smooth in shape. Originally I was going to use a Silverstone Raven RV01 but those cases are supremely expensive and hard to come by now. So I decided on a case mod Classic. The Alienware Predator 2 case. I figured since the top and front are very smooth (Similar to a Ghosts) I can pull it off. So here are the goals of the cases build.

I will end up doing a whole video of my current G5 case and a step by step on how I built the Alienware as well.

Covenant Case list (Subject to change)
-Alienware Active vent system ontop controlled by an Arduino
-Full LED control system (Also Controlled by Arduino)
-Purple Crinckle-style powder coat for the chassis

-Various holes cut for cable management
-Color urethane painted front bezel (and painted active vent, shifting colors blue-purple)
-Steel weathered side vents
-Legendary Halo Emblem 3D printed to replace the Alienware Front Logo

-Attached to a frosted acrylic back (Backlit by Blue breathing effect LEDS as a power indicator)

-Hole cut in the outer edge pattern of the Emblem
-Custom Acrylic side window (CNC'd in the pattern close to the plasma sword)
-Custom sleeved Purple, Black, Grey and Grey-blue
-Covenant font writing decal
-Chameleon paint Motherboard heat sinks

LED setup
-UV Underglow
-Green Power & Vent
-Blue internal LED

20160307_111707[1].jpg

"Tundra"

Mobo: M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Processor: AMD FX 8320 On water @4.8GHZ
Memory: 4X  Crucial 4GB @ 1866MHZ Videocards: 2X Gigabyte CrossfireX 7990s

OS Harddrive:Crucial BX100 500GB SSD Storage Drives: Hitachi POS 2TB & Crucial C300 256GB SSD PSU: EVGA 1000w P2 Supernova

Case: Crazy Modded G5 Powermac Case

OCC Cool Club Member

So this thread will be my build log. So to the before photos! I regret not doing it with my G5 case mod to give an idea of what it looked like before. First things first. LEDS. There are plenty of controllers out there. But none of them do a true LED breathing effect using PWM (The smoothest way out there to do it. Similar to the fade on a macbook. I will post a video on exactly how I do it. But there will be 4 different colors of LEDS all 12v. So i went through different controllers and found that only a Arduino Micro offered me the range I wanted. (On order, should get here this week). 

ArduinoMicroFront_450px.jpg

LEDs:

Blue

UV Purple

White

and Green

all controlled at once. But the issue is, most strips out there are 12V and the Arduino PWM output is 5V. So along with the Arduino I ordered 5 (minimum order Qty) N-Channel logic controlled MOSFETs. Next up, tutorial on how it's done and less than $15!

20160314_190649[1].jpg

20160314_190654[1].jpg

20160314_190703[1].jpg

20160314_190718[1].jpg

20160314_190733[1].jpg

20160314_190739[1].jpg

20160314_190755[1].jpg

"Tundra"

Mobo: M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Processor: AMD FX 8320 On water @4.8GHZ
Memory: 4X  Crucial 4GB @ 1866MHZ Videocards: 2X Gigabyte CrossfireX 7990s

OS Harddrive:Crucial BX100 500GB SSD Storage Drives: Hitachi POS 2TB & Crucial C300 256GB SSD PSU: EVGA 1000w P2 Supernova

Case: Crazy Modded G5 Powermac Case

OCC Cool Club Member