Gunnar optics - Amber lenses or normal lenses with f.lux?

Virtual01

Seriously considering picking up a pair of gunnars for every day use while I'm at my computer. My normal glasses are really uncomfortable and the colored tint would be really nice for preserving my eyes.

I can't make up my mind whether to get the amber colored ones or the regular ones. Ideally I'd want the color tint to go away when I'm gaming, making the normal lenses with the flux program a good option. However, I have no firsthand experience with the amber lenses and how it will look to me while playing games.

If anyone could suggest any styles that would be great too. My only stipulations for looks is that they cant be hipster glasses. Comfort is my #1 priority, I need something with nice, preferably soft nosepads. I have a huge head so something without spring hinges is preferable because they squeeze my head.

21 minutes ago, Virtual01 said:

Seriously considering picking up a pair of gunnars for every day use while I'm at my computer. My normal glasses are really uncomfortable and the colored tint would be really nice for preserving my eyes.

I can't make up my mind whether to get the amber colored ones or the regular ones. Ideally I'd want the color tint to go away when I'm gaming, making the normal lenses with the flux program a good option. However, I have no firsthand experience with the amber lenses and how it will look to me while playing games.

If anyone could suggest any styles that would be great too. My only stipulations for looks is that they cant be hipster glasses. Comfort is my #1 priority, I need something with nice, preferably soft nosepads. I have a huge head so something without spring hinges is preferable because they squeeze my head.

I'v never used gunnars but I adjust to the color fairly quick when i use red cyan glasses for 3D. After 15 minutes with the RD glasses I can't really tell anymore. I'm assuming that with a softer color like amber you'll adjust faster.

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

6 minutes ago, NTF5252 said:

I'v never used gunnars but I adjust to the color fairly quick when i use red cyan glasses for 3D. After 15 minutes with the RD glasses I can't really tell anymore. I'm assuming that with a softer color like amber you'll adjust faster.

I mean if you can get used to them, especially with a light color, then you should be able to off set you game settings enough so that you can regain the contrast and maybe even the color. But, I personally could never get used to colored lenses aside from generic grey shades. 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567]