Can you power on a motherboard without using a PSU?

I bought a motherboard for a new build. I have the box and everything. My motherboard is from GIGABYTE, and it is the H81M-S1. Socket 1150 and UEFI BIOS. Picture:

http://imgur.com/GiZB0Ih

I want to test it. But i don't have a PSU, and i don't want to waste 2 PSU's. Is there another way to power it?

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

You cant power it without  a PSU

11 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

I bought a motherboard for a new build. I have the box and everything. My motherboard is from GIGABYTE, and it is the H81M-S1. Socket 1150 and UEFI BIOS. Picture:

I want to test it. But i don't have a PSU, and i don't want to waste 2 PSU's. Is there another way to power it?

anything that provides power is known as a PSU
so technically, if your motherboard dont receive power, u cant test it

if by PSU, u mean conventional power supplies that are made by companies like seasonic or corsair

then yes, u can power up your motherboard by other means, but i wouldnt recommend it unless you know what you are doing

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

23 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

anything that provides power is known as a PSU
so technically, if your motherboard dont receive power, u cant test it

if by PSU, u mean conventional power supplies that are made by companies like seasonic or corsair

then yes, u can power up your motherboard by other means, but i wouldnt recommend it unless you know what you are doing

I meant conventional power supplies. Can you help me on power on my power supply and connect it to my monitor? My monitor is a FLATRON L192WS, and i also want it to be connected to my keyboard which is a Logitech. But i can use a USB Keyboard.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

1 minute ago, NunoLava1998 said:

I meant conventional power supplies. Can you help me on power on my power supply and connect it to my monitor? My monitor is a FLATRON L192WS, and i also want it to be connected to my keyboard which is a Logitech. But i can use a USB Keyboard.

again, i wouldnt recommend you doing any of these unless you know what you're doing
best to just wait for a proper power supply to do things

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 hours ago, NunoLava1998 said:

it is technically possible, but you would have to be an engineer or something, since motherboards are extremely sensible when it comes to power. In short dont try to power it without a proper psu, unless you want to break it.