Looking for a new 60% or 75% mech

shibbs

As the title states, I want one more keyboard.

It has to have:

Cherry MX Greens

Aluminum case

N-key rollover

Lights not necessary, but fun. I see the Infinity keyboard on Massdrop, but it's not available pre-assembled with MX Greens. It's a possibility (I'm not horrible at soldering) but I'd prefer something with a warranty, even though I've never needed to warranty a keyboard. 

If you've got any ideas, I'd appreciate it!  Thanks!!

What in the world is a 60-75% mech keyboard?

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

8 minutes ago, shibbs said:

It has to have:

Cherry MX Greens

Aluminum case

N-key rollover

Lights not necessary, but fun. I see the Infinity keyboard on Massdrop, but it's not available pre-assembled with MX Greens. It's a possibility (I'm not horrible at soldering) but I'd prefer something with a warranty, even though I've never needed to warranty a keyboard. 

cherry mx green? dafuq o.O

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

7 minutes ago, SeanAngelo said:

According to what I've seen they're basically Cherry MX Blues with more resistance

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB @3600MHz CL16 | AMD Radeon 6800 XT Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 w/ Tempered Glass | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + ADATA SU800 2TB | Corsair HX1000iNoctua NH-D15 chromax.black

12 minutes ago, SeanAngelo said:

4 minutes ago, Riki the Legendary Heropon said:

According to what I've seen they're basically Cherry MX Blues with more resistance

Yup. And yes, they're a bit more rare, hence my dilemma finding a keyboard.

For rare stuff I'd keep watching Massdrop, tho about 2 weeks ago they had a full keyboard with MX green fail. Pretty funny, I'd never seen a drop fail before, since they usually drop poll winners showing that ppl wanted the drop.

Personally, I've wanted a mix of Blue and Green. Green for the larger than 1u keys, especially Enter key. So for mixing like that you'd have to DIY... so i got a CIY.

http://dro.ps/b/87Mr5Nc

At the same time they were running that drop they also had a drop for Gateron switches. Not SMD switches tho.

Still waiting for it to ship at the end of April! Can't wait! I also got the MX springs drop so I'll just open up a few switches and toss in some heavier springs for the keys I wanted green on.

They seem to somewhat often offer aluminium cases as an option on their drops, and they sometimes do drops of just aluminium cases for varieties of keyboards they seem to drop more regularly. They're doing an aluminium case for the Varmilo 87 key, and I keep seeing cases for 60% keepboards. Its just a watch and wait game.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/mechanical-keyboard/wasd-v2-104-key-custom-mechanical-keyboard.html

The WASD V2 on from WASD Keyboards has a Cherry MX Green option. N-key rollover is mentioned in the product summary. You can probably customize everything else to your liking (I don't know abut the aluminum casing though sorry)

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO | G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB @3600MHz CL16 | AMD Radeon 6800 XT Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 w/ Tempered Glass | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + ADATA SU800 2TB | Corsair HX1000iNoctua NH-D15 chromax.black

KBParadise V60 would be something I would look for, but they don't come with aluminum cases. The board is really good though.

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=882

They go in and out of stock regularly.   

Win10 | Z77 Extreme4 | 3570k | Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+| 16GB Ripjaws | Corsair RM650 | CrucalMX 100 256 x2| Senn HD 558 |BenQ Zowie EC1A| KBP V60 Blues | Acer XB270H |

On 3/1/2016 at 11:51 AM, shibbs said:

It has to have:

Cherry MX Greens

Aluminum case

N-key rollover

Pok3r is about the only board that will really satisfy all of your requirements...

You could also consider searching the used market, as there are some really, really nice boards out there. Especially in those layouts... I personally am not really a fan of the whole 75% thing, since I think that they all tend to look far too boxy, and not quite rectangular enough. 

On 3/1/2016 at 11:58 AM, Samfisher said:

What in the world is a 60-75% mech keyboard?

A 60% board is a keyboard that only has the main section of the board. Basically, there aren't any function keys, and there isn't anything to the right of backspace. a 75% board is basically a TKL that's had everything pushed together. The Duck octagon is pretty much the only example that I can think of right now, but that would help to get the point across. Pretty much the only other layout in between the two would be the White Fox keyboard which dropped on Massdrop about three months ago. That's what's known as a 65% keyboard. basically, it has everything a 60% does, plus the arrow keys, which are moved a bit to the left to further reduce the footprint of the keyboard.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)