PC Case Gear RMA Review

desertcomputer

I was really happy with PC Case Gear RMA process, I sent my RMA item (MX Master) which had mushy gesture buttons, at first i thought they don't give me a replacement but they did. It took around one week to process my items which is kinda long but in end they have just sent me replacement unit and it on the way (ETA Thursdays) so in total took 2 weeks to get my items back (1 Week total transit time), the only down side is you have pay for the postage back or if you leave near the RMA center you can drop it by and they will sent it back to you. They replied back within one day or even 1 hour depending what time you sent the message. This was my first RMA process i have ever done and the experience was far from what i expected. 

Magical Pineapples

I haven't gotten my motherboard back from PCCG yet. I sent it back 2 weeks ago.

ATM it is "Waiting distributors response".

1 minute ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

I haven't gotten my motherboard back from PCCG yet. I sent it back 2 weeks ago.

ATM it is "Waiting distributors response".

You should email them about it, they will usual forward email to manufacturers which may speed it up a bit. The reason is probs they don't have equipment to test out some his product such as motherboards but stuff like CPU/GPU are quite easy to figure out the problem and usually they sent you replacement ... if they have sent to distributors it may take way longer depending on distrubutors ... 

Magical Pineapples

Did people want me to go in depth into the warranty process about what happens for Australia as it may not be quite what you think?

Edited by Windspeed36

Just now, Windspeed36 said:

Did people want me to go in depth into the warranty process about what happens for Australia?

Yes, why not. I know my rma is mouse and quite easy to sent a replacement. 

Magical Pineapples

Just now, Windspeed36 said:

Did people want me to go in depth into the warranty process about what happens for Australia?

Yes that would be cool.

I don't know if this is a regional thing (the case might well be the exact opposite out there at the opposite side of the world) but in Finland, this time of the year is very slow in the tech retail market. Year just changed so all the companies are only just planning a budget, school period is in full steam so everyone's go their laptops already and wouldn't willingly migrate to a new one just yet, there are no huge expos or big shows or any significant launches. So this is when retailers do best in RMA handling. Now's the time they got the manpower and time to minimize the backlog. A week with all the shipping included is really only doable right now. 

Yeah I've returned a few items from them and they're always reliable. 

1 hour ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Yes that would be cool.

1 hour ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

Yes, why not. I know my rma is mouse and quite easy to sent a replacement. 

Disclaimer - these are my own opinions and not representative of any retailer, distributor or wholesaler. This should not be taken as legal advice either - for legal advice regarding a warranty or refund, please contact the ACCC. 

The warranty process depends entirely on the product and the distributor. Here in Australia and NZ when you buy a product, you aren't buying it 2nd string meaning it doesn't go manufacturer > retailer > you. Instead Synnex, Ingram Micro, Dicker Data, Rectron, Leader Systems, Mittoni or any other number of distributors get involved. 

When you RMA a product, the product is first sent back to where you bought it from as under the ACCC you don't have to deal with the manufacturer directly. From there one of three things happen and it'll depend on the fault and how long you've had the product for.

If it's DOA, it'll be either refunded or replaced depending on your preference. 

If it's outside of DOA (14 days), it'll be either replaced, refunded or repaired depending on whether or not it is a major fault or only a minor issue. What happens in a legal sense is up to you however to a certain extent that choice comes later.

Some brands have relationships with distributors and retailers whereby an instant exchange can be given - Logitech and Western Digital are two of the big ones. 

A lot of brands though require the goods to be sent by the retailer either to the distributor or to a manufacturers repair centre. The latter is common for Asus, Gigabyte, MSI and Toshiba.  

From there it is assessed - and either replaced, credited or repaired by the manufacturer.

The line from the ACCC on what a major vs minor fault when it comes to an electronic device is really quite blurred and to be honest, differs with value.

For peripherals, 99% of the time they are either credited by the manufacturer or a direct replacement is given. From there the retailer will then push to a customer saying here's what we can offer; credit or replacement. 

For a lot of more expensive gear; boards, screens, GPU's - generally they'll be repaired as it's often a single part failure: blown cap, faulty DIMM - under the ACCC guidelines as mentioned, it's quite blurry when it comes to major vs minor fault so generally if it comes back repaired, retailers will give the customer the repaired product. 

The reason why it takes so long for certain products is the RA procudures with certain distributors and manufacturers is absolutely terrible. You would have though if you're a retailer and the manufacturer know they'll be sending a fair bit of stuff to us because they sell it, it would be a simple process? Nope. Quite a few distils still rely on paper forms to be printed and completed. 

Questions?

I had to RMA with Corsair:

- Intel i5-4670k

- MSI Z87-G45

- CM (something) 750w PSU

- Corsair H100i

Due to my H100i leaking and knocking out half my system. Corsair asked for an email with pictures of the damage and proof of purchases for everything and then sent me a prepaid shipping label (to California, internationally, via UPS Express) and in less than a week they told me they determined my AIO had broken and that  it broke all of my computer components, to which they gave me a Corsair H105, Corsair AX760 and $500 for my CPU/Mobo & Hassle for being without my system for a week. They paid international shipping both ways (both via UPS Express) and deposited the $500 USD straight into my bank account, paying the currency conversion fees as well.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

15 hours ago, ThatCoolBlueKidd said:

I had to RMA with Corsair:

- Intel i5-4670k

- MSI Z87-G45

- CM (something) 750w PSU

- Corsair H100i

Due to my H100i leaking and knocking out half my system. Corsair asked for an email with pictures of the damage and proof of purchases for everything and then sent me a prepaid shipping label (to California, internationally, via UPS Express) and in less than a week they told me they determined my AIO had broken and that  it broke all of my computer components, to which they gave me a Corsair H105, Corsair AX760 and $500 for my CPU/Mobo & Hassle for being without my system for a week. They paid international shipping both ways (both via UPS Express) and deposited the $500 USD straight into my bank account, paying the currency conversion fees as well.

They're pretty boss like that.

18 hours ago, Windspeed36 said:

Did people want me to go in depth into the warranty process about what happens for Australia as it may not be quite what you think?

Will we feel violated?

Spartan 1.0

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120XL 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Extreme ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Dominator 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: OCZ Vector Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Classified ACX 2.0 Video Card
Case: Thermaltake Urban S41 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: LG BH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Optical Drive: LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sound Card: Creative Labs ZXR 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card
Monitor: 2x Asus VG278HE 27.0" 144Hz Monitor
Keyboard: Logitech G19s Wired Gaming Keyboard
Keyboard: Razer Orbweaver Elite Mechanical Gaming Keypad Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech G700s Wireless Laser Mouse
Headphones: Creative Labs EVO ZxR 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Creative Labs GigaWorks T40 Series II 32W 2ch Speakers

Hades 1.0

Spoiler