G2A Isn't Safe

Three days ago, I was playing some games with friends, and one of them brought up how they missed the old days playing Call of Duty. I agreed and him and I decided to go get Modern Warfare 2 off of G2A. 

I have used this site for multiple things previously, bought 4-5 games off of it times before and had hit no problems, fast, cheap service. But too good to be true.

Just today, I was alerted by steam that my account had been locked because of fraud. At first I thought to myself: "Alright well I'll contact steam support and figure out whats going on.". While doing this, I thought I should check my bank account and see if anything was odd in that end. Sure enough it was.

I was slapped in the face by a dollar sixty two. The last purchase I had made on that card was from normal places who I tend to go to religiously (Grocery store, BestBuy, etc) and know keep their debit machines all intact and safe, but the most recent one was from G2A. 

I spent the next hour and a half drowning in my anxiety, waiting for the bank to take me off the waiting list and answer my call. Thankfully after that time, I was told that they could reimburse the funds, and had my account closed, but I was still anxious about what other information they could have possibly gotten off of me. At this moment now, I have deleted all of my credit cards, changed all my passwords, and have taken off any fragile information from all my accounts I use.

Please be safe making purchases online. If anything seems the slightest bit fishy: DO NOT take the chance.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

4 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Three days ago, I was playing some games with friends, and one of them brought up h

Please be safe making purchases online. If anything seems the slightest bit fishy: DO NOT take the chance.

iv used it doesn's of times

I never used the shield (though you prob should)

I never had an issue, ever.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I've used G2A for over a year and bought over 10 games. Never had an issue. Always used PayPal. It could've been a holder charge.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

You the one who made the mistake from buying from a seller without G2A Shield and not having 15k+ rating

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

Just now, Goodman2265 said:

You the one who made the mistake from buying from a seller without G2A Shield and not having 15k+ rating

I actually did have shield. Probably should have stated that in the post.

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

I would use paypal and seller which has highly rated reviews and user has to be not a new seller. 

Magical Pineapples

Remember guys, the G2A "shield"(and other similar services from competing sellers) only protects you from buying a broken key, if the key is bonk and your account gets ceased they won't protect you at all(you probably get your money back for the stolen key, but who cares at this point).

15 minutes ago, Slottr said:

There is an up to this though: I got my damn game for $5 lol

there have been several people who have lost access to their game keys they bought from G2A because they were bought with a stolen credit card

dont buy a game if the price seems "too good to be true"

personally i wouldnt buy from G2A at all

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

How would a code from GTA lead to a fraud ban? That really confuses me.

You buy permission from Steam, not keys, so they wouldn't have any transaction history related to the key they could blame you for.

As for the $1.62, how was it labelled on your statement? I frequently forget about foreign currency transaction fees, and some cards have a flat fee on top of that.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

Just now, MourningSouls said:

How would a code from GTA lead to a fraud ban? That really confuses me.

You buy permission from Steam, not keys, so they wouldn't have any transaction history related to the key they could blame you for.

As for the $1.62, how was it labelled on your statement? I frequently forget about foreign currency transaction fees, and some cards have a flat fee on top of that.

I believe my restricted steam account (which hasnt been lifted yet) was taken to that because of the credit card. Might not have been the game code.

Hmm...weird Story.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Hello,

If your Steam account has been locked it is not due to the key purchased, Steam does not lock accounts for such keys. If however this is about a revoked game (like this: http://prntscr.com/a9qxve) then that means that the key you have purchased was previously bought by fraudulent means, and not that your credit card has been compromised, there was no need to remove your cards in such situation. Also just to clarify, due to Privacy Statement we are not allowed to store our customers credit card information. With or without G2A Shield you are still fully entitled to our procedures for getting your moneys worth of course. Just to make sure that your issue does not go unresolved, please contact us at helpdesk(at)g2a.com so we can look into this matter with more detail.

If you have any further questions or doubts, keep in mind that you can always find additional information on G2A's FAQ or by contacting us on Live Chat or writing at helpdesk(at)g2a.com. Our consultants are there for you 24/7.

See you again at G2A!

G2A Team

Been buying from G2A for years, never had a single issue like you explained, heck I even bought Xbox Live Gold for my son there 1/2 the price it costs here.

G2A is in my top 3 game sites outside of STEAM (at least I can get the prices in AUD and not only USD like STEAM.)

ebay isn't safe either. Also have you used a vpn to activate any of the keys?

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Favorite site for games.  Never had a problem for almost two dozen games.

17 hours ago, Slottr said:

I think you are subscribed to G2A shield,you get charged every month. (you obviously clicked the free G2A shield for 1 month, after 1 month you are still subscribed to it and it charges you every month , not worth it if you dont atleast buy 2 games ever month)

i had the same issue

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

55 minutes ago, sgtcool said:

I think you are subscribed to G2A shield,you get charged every month. (you obviously clicked the free G2A shield for 1 month, after 1 month you are still subscribed to it and it charges you every month , not worth it if you dont atleast buy 2 games ever month)

i had the same issue

Because one month of G2A shield costs over 1000$ lmao