Speaker interference since switching to powerline

Virtual01

Since I started to use a powerline adapter for my computer, I've been getting interference on my speakers any time there is heavy network activity like loading a page for the first time or using the speedtest website. Is there a way to fix/combat this? My speakers are Klipsch Promedia 2.1.

Powerline adapters are HORRIBLE in terms of electrical noise. try to use an AM radio, I bet you hear nothing but noise from those things. Unplug them and the radio should work fine

To fix the issue with your speakers, cover your audio cables (not speaker wires, cover the 3.5mm ones from the PC to the amp) in tinfoil and connect the tinfoil to the chassis of your PC

15 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Powerline adapters are HORRIBLE in terms of electrical noise. try to use an AM radio, I bet you hear nothing but noise from those things. Unplug them and the radio should work fine

To fix the issue with your speakers, cover your audio cables (not speaker wires, cover the 3.5mm ones from the PC to the amp) in tinfoil and connect the tinfoil to the chassis of your PC

Is there a good way to accomplish that with a more professional look? I don't mind dropping a few bucks.

Just now, Virtual01 said:

Is there a good way to accomplish that with a more professional look? I don't mind dropping a few bucks.

After wrapping mine with tinfoil, I went over it with electrical tape. It actually looked pretty okay.

51 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

After wrapping mine with tinfoil, I went over it with electrical tape. It actually looked pretty okay.

What about just wrapping it in electrical shielding tape?

1 minute ago, Virtual01 said:

What about just wrapping it in electrical shielding tape?

I have never seen electrical shielding tape before... Basically you want a conductive coating around your wires that connects to the chassis of your PC