We need new GPU's from NVIDIA & AMD NOW!!

LokiFire

Games coming out are going to obliterate anything we own right now even a TITAN X.

I don't know what the hell Dev's are doing but requirements are about to take a giant leap and well most of us with a more wallet friendly PC will be left behind.

ht_1920.jpg

d_1920.jpg

You can argue these games have a while to go with "optimization" DOOM is actually really impressive but is using a graphical technique with Voxels that will destroy GPU's with not enough memory.

id Tech 6 is an upcoming OpenGL/Vulkan based game engine under preliminary development by id Software, which will tentatively follow id Tech 5.

Preliminary information given by John Carmack about this engine, which is still in early phases of development, tend to show that id Software is looking toward a direction where ray tracing and classic raster graphics would be mixed. However, he also explained during QuakeCon 08, the hardware that is capable of id Tech 6 did not yet exist.

In July 2011, he explained that id Software is beginning research for the development of id Tech 6.

On July 19, 2014, in light of Crytek's recent financial difficulties, it was announced that Tiago Sousa, head R&D graphics engineer at Crytek, was leaving to join the Doom and idTech 6 engine team.

It would work by raycasting the geometry represented by voxels (instead of triangles) stored in an octree. John Carmack claims that this format will also be a more efficient way to store the 2D data as well as the 3D geometry data, because of not having packing and bordering issues. It will virtualize geometry like textures.

In an interview with id Software, more features of the engine were revealed, such as physically based rendering, and a fully dynamically lit world like id Tech 4.

SVO will be a huge memory hog.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

IM seeing no multi gpu

usually have something to do HORRIBLE optimization

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Wait until Q2 2016 and you'll see announcements of the new Nvidia and AMD GPUs, and wait for Q3 and you'll get Intel (and hopefully AMD)'s new CPUs.

Round about summer.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Games are getting way more demanding?  Well, maybe devs are anticipating the big leap in power that is to come from the new cards and pre-emptively using it all up :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, sunnaryt said:

these are alpha
they run like shit

No no, they are obviously showing that the end of affordable GPU's is here! AMD and Nvidia give us titan x for 100 dollar please.

2 minutes ago, sunnaryt said:

these are alpha/beta
they run like shit

You won't be seeing anything great when these release, these engines have been around for a long time especially the iD Tech 6 engine, it's been in development for years.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

4 minutes ago, ThatCoolBlueKidd said:

Wait until Q2 2016 and you'll see announcements of the new Nvidia and AMD GPUs, and wait for Q3 and you'll get Intel (and hopefully AMD)'s new CPUs.

Round about summer.

yeah, the leap is comming because of VR, AMD and Nvidia are working on GPUs more powerful to support VR more easier, i guess devs are working on normal games too

Just now, AlexAlcala said:

yeah, the leap is comming because of VR, AMD and Nvidia are working on GPUs more powerful to support VR more easier, i guess devs are working on normal games too

Yeah any game not slated to use the extra power for VR will throw it into extra high-end "normal" graphics... or inefficiency 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Remember these are at high resolutions.

most of the time I don't play at 1080p

Only at 1360 x 768.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

You do realize it's a Beta/Alpha stage, shouldn't even trust the benchmarks until the final product is out because that's what will most likely affect you. Unless you're playing the Beta/Alpha, you shouldn't worry about it.

Looks like to me everything higher end from the last couple years is definately holding its own in doom considering its a pre-release game with a what looks like 60fps cap. Also just because a engine has been around for a while does not directly correlate to the game itself being automatically optomized, wait until game ready drivers after a game releases to bitch that even high end cards cant run games.

1 hour ago, LokiFire said:

You won't be seeing anything great when these release, these engines have been around for a long time especially the iD Tech 6 engine, it's been in development for years.

I'm not sure this argument makes sense.

The optimization can't get better before release because the engine has been developed for a while? No, I'm pretty sure it can still be optimized.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

3 hours ago, LokiFire said:

That's not how game optimization works.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB