Will this pc work good for next 3-4 years?

hello,
if someone can tell me if this good build pc and monitor I'm gonna use this pc for gaming,editing like sony vegas , photoshop and i want it for couple years...

if you notice something  like "too much" for this pc  or it's lack something (Other than SSD :) ) please tell me .

P.S : i have ZERO BUDGET :)

PC SPEC:
CPU: INTEL Core™ i7-6700K Skylake 
Motherboard : Asus Z170
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB SATA 7200RPM 64MB
DVD: Asus SATA DVD
RAM: Kingston 8GB 2133MHz DDR4
Video card : Nvidia GeForce GTX970 4GB
Power Supply: Seasonic S12II-620 620W
cooling : Arctic Cooling model Freezer 13

Monitor: Samsung LED S24D300HS

2 minutes ago, eliasrizik said:

hello,
if someone can tell me if this good build pc and monitor I'm gonna use this pc for gaming,editing like sony vegas , photoshop and i want it for couple years...

PC SPEC:

Definitely !! :D Sweet ass build bro, love it !!

Processor: i5-4690k @ 3.5GHz. Mobo: MSI Z97 Krait Edition. RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB @ 1866MHz Dual - Channel. Storage: WD 1TB HDD. 850 EVO 250GB. Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB. GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 970 DirectCU II 4GB GDDR5. PSU: EVGA Supernova 550 G2. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M. Monitor: BENQ GW2270H Full HD 21.5". OS: Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/rhnhRB

I'd go with a 500GB boot SSD for most-used applications and frequently used games. As for storage, if budget isn't a concern, I'd do two 2TB WD Red's in RAID-1. 8GB on a system that's going to be doing photoshop and Vegas? I'd go at LEAST 16GB as a minimal. I mean if we're gonna go all-out, a GTX980Ti.

You're pairing a great CPU, with a lower end GPU. Not saying it's bad, but that 970 may hold you back. Also, another 8 gig stick of DDR4 would be good.

"It's a Lemon Party!" 

-Nick Van Berkel, 2015

"Mini Drones, are they good for your health?" 

-Nick Van Berkel, 2016

Just now, Chronical93 said:

Looks good I would go for a 750w PSU, and maybe 16gb of RAM.

I think 750w might be a bit of an overkill, but 16jiggabytes of RAM would be a nice addition.

Do not feed.

4 minutes ago, LordHood77 said:

You're pairing a great CPU, with a lower end GPU. Not saying it's bad, but that 970 may hold you back. Also, another 8 gig stick of DDR4 would be good.

>970

>lower end

What?

1 minute ago, TheWoollyMammoth said:

I think 750w might be a bit of an overkill, but 16jiggabytes of RAM would be a nice addition.

I would say with PSU aging I'd want a little bit of headroom, but that's just me.

Just now, Chronical93 said:

I would say with PSU aging I'd want a little bit of headroom, but that's just me.

With that build, we're looking at maybe 380watts of power consumption, and that's when it's overclocked pretty hard. So, a 620w should have enough headroom.

Do not feed.

I'd go with a 980Ti and at least 8 more gigs of ram. Also, an SSD would be the priority. Samsung has great 850 EVOs and PROs :)

5 minutes ago, Virtual01 said:

>970

>lower end

What?

You wanna spend more money on the GPU. I'm saying compared to that i7, I'd get a 980

"It's a Lemon Party!" 

-Nick Van Berkel, 2015

"Mini Drones, are they good for your health?" 

-Nick Van Berkel, 2016

4 minutes ago, TheWoollyMammoth said:

With that build, we're looking at maybe 380watts of power consumption, and that's when it's overclocked pretty hard. So, a 620w should have enough headroom.

Right but the headrooms for possible future upgrade, and a better rated PSU is never a bad thing.

10 minutes ago, Virtual01 said:

-snip-

Think he means mid end. R9 390, 390X, Fury X, Fury Nano, Titan X, 980, 980 Ti, Titan Z/R9 295X2..., there are plenty of options that outperform the 970 directly at this point, so ye. Also, 8 gigabytes of ram, not a good idea, for 2019-2020 at least, and barely by as of now. Many intense games already demand near 6 or more, at max settings, so 16 is pretty much the best option for future proofing, right now, and who knows if near 32 wont be demanded, by 2018 lmao. Also, a Hybrid Drive like the new Western Digital Blue or Seagates options, are much better, to boost that OS and critical processes startup and only slightly more expensive.

Groomlake Authority

1 minute ago, Chronical93 said:

Right but the headrooms for possible future upgrade, and a better rated PSU is never a bad thing.

The power consumption on gpu's is going to be lower with every generation (except for the balls-to-the-wall-flagships), so unless he's going 3-way sli/crossfire, I think he's safe.

Do not feed.

Obviously you should grab an SSD, I think that should be top on your priority list.

That monitor is kind of terrible... I have 3 of them lol. It wasn't bad 5 years ago when I bought them but monitors have come a long way since then. If you're editing I would look at a 1440p display - which of course means you should be looking at a better GPU like the 980TI.

You can save some money and get a 4790K instead and go with Z97 and DDR3. The performance difference is marginal compared to the cost difference. X99 is another option.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

25 minutes ago, eliasrizik said:

hello,

if you notice something  like "too much" for this pc  or it's lack something (Other than SSD :) ) please tell me .

PC SPEC:

This will be a bit better.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($249.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($104.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($153.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($87.49 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($459.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1396.31
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-24 15:54 EST-0500

I changed the 970 for a 980 but took away the 6700k. the 6600k might be a slight disadvantage in video editing but not that much. I also added a SSD which you can put your OS on and it will make your PC much faster overall.

The 980 will perform much better in games and I think is worth the sacrifice of the 6700k for the 6600k 

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

33 minutes ago, eliasrizik said:

hello,

PC SPEC:

Asus makes a large number of z170 motherboards. Which one have you picked?

For video editing, a 2x8GB DDR4-2400 CL 15 memory kit would be better.

An ssd is needed for boot, system, and basic program storage. A 240GB or larger model would be optimal.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

45 minutes ago, ONOTech said:

I think he's referring to its power in the future. The 970 is already showing its age. In 3-4 years, it won't be considered high end anymore.

True but you could argue that any current GPU would not be considered high end in 4 years.