Power a GPU with molex to 6 pin?

heineygoat

I want to crossfire two 5850's but the power supply only has two PCI-E power cables (even though its 750w  <_<)

Could I use two of these?: 

mEx616duFJQlTXX48BArBRA.jpg

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

I think you could

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

I want to crossfire two 5850's but the power supply only has two PCI-E power cables (even though its 750w  <_<)

Could I use two of these?: 

mEx616duFJQlTXX48BArBRA.jpg

If it supports 6 pin pcie it will work.

You can, but make sure if it is a multi-rail PSU that you don't overload 1 rail.

Yes you should be able to run it just fine with an adapter.

But as @Ssoele said, be sure to check if it's multi rail and if so, not to overload one of it as you'll experience throttle bsod and funsies ^^'

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

You can, but make sure if it is a multi-rail PSU that you don't overload 1 rail.

Thanks SSoele and Scia. I don't know much about rails or even the PSU that I have because it's a cheap uncommon brand. This sticker on the side is all I have:

post-8289-0-90537300-1378897782_thumb.jp

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Thanks SSoele and Scia. I don't know much about rails or even the PSU that I have because it's a cheap uncommon brand. This sticker on the side is all I have:

attachicon.gif2013-09-11 21.06.57.jpg

Try contacting the manufacturer and ask what connectors are connected to what rail, or look on their website if they have one.