Only 32GB Galaxy S7 in US and (some) European markets

Nineshadow

Although the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge come in 32GB and 64GB variants, rumors began circulating prior to the Unpacked event that only the 32GB version would be available in some European markets. Now Samsung has confirmed that not only is this true, but moreover, the 64GB version won’t be available in the US either.

There’s still speculation as to why Samsung is limiting device selection in some of their largest markets, but some believe that the 32GB versions of these devices may have a higher profit margin than the 64GB equivalents. They are effectively assuring that only the more profitable version is available in areas where sales of these devices will be massive.

SOURCE : http://www.androidauthority.com/us-getting-32gb-galaxy-s7-s7-edge-675313/

Why Samsung , just why? Last year you wouldn't release the Note 5 in Europe. Now you will only release 32GB models in the markets that make up for most of the sales? God damn it.

And yes , I know that the S7 comes with a microSD slot , and I think that 32GBs is fine for most people and it's not going to be a problem. But I see no reason for Samsung not making higher capacity models even an option in these markets. It's just greedy.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Yeah I totally agree..32GB storage is a kicker now. Isn't it like 22GBs usable? my G4 has about that much internal memory capacity.

I would like if they could just start 48GB again but that's me, 32GB is barely scrapping in enough and software updates are constantly hauling in memory usage. Hopefully 64GB will become the minimum but that might take a year or two >_>

Will they release a 128/200+GB model? that bugger will be expensive as caramel fudge.

But man the G5 looks like a step back & forward in-terms of design aesthetics.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

47 minutes ago, wng_kingsley7 said:

Yeah I totally agree..32GB storage is a kicker now. Isn't it like 22GBs usable? my G4 has about that much internal memory capacity.

I would like if they could just start 48GB again but that's me, 32GB is barely scrapping in enough and software updates are constantly hauling in memory usage. Hopefully 64GB will become the minimum but that might take a year or two >_>

Will they release a 128/200+GB model? that bugger will be expensive as caramel fudge.

But man the G5 looks like a step back & forward in-terms of design aesthetics.

Its 26GB useable I believe, tbh i dont see the problem, because now you dont have to pay extra for 64GB storage, just pop in an SD card, which are cheap af and boom, memory difference is gone. Ive had my S6 for almost a year and have only used 9Gb, how people can require a minimum of 64Gb ill never know 

Edit: 25.5GB for my S6, still more than enough.

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

null

null

The only issue with this approach that users won't be able to install applications and games on the external memory even though there is a feature in Marshmallow that allows that "Adoptable Storage" .. Hope they change their minds.. Otherwise 32GB is fine..