Do I Really Need a New PSU?

JabroniBaloney

According to the calculator on pcpartpicker.com, the power draw on my system is 407W and I have an EVGA 500W 80+bronze. That was fine when I initially built my system, but after some additions, I'm concerned I may cut its lifespan and would rather replace sooner than later.

All of what I'm learning for A+ certification makes me just a tad paranoid I made some lil mistakes with my build. Knowledgeis power!....and paranoia.

What did you add?

And could you give me the pcpartpicker link of your pc? ;)

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen

If it's W1, B1, G1 or NEX then yes, a new one is a good idea. If it's B2, G2, GS, GQ, P2, PS then you don't need a new one

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

15 minutes ago, JabroniBaloney said:

According to the calculator on pcpartpicker.com, the power draw on my system is 407W and I have an EVGA 500W 80+bronze. That was fine when I initially built my system, but after some additions, I'm concerned I may cut its lifespan and would rather replace sooner than later.

All of what I'm learning for A+ certification makes me just a tad paranoid I made some lil mistakes with my build. Knowledgeis power!....and paranoia.

Can you link us a PCPP link of your system?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Hmmm just turned on my pc and after logging into windows, my display was all pixely and green which was an odd intermittent issue which leads me to think my PSU is started to go belly up. So, I could pick up a CS650 right now or chance it and wait on an EVGA750 B2 from Amazon. Both are within my current budget for this whole issue. 

Ended up grabbing an RM650 instead. Tossed that and a front case fan in and all is well. 

Thanks for the help!