how many watts does this PSU have

Taitor

i plan on upgrading my GPU and it recommends i have a 400W PSU. on the side of mine i read total 460W but someome told me it was actually 385. i put a picture of my PSU. please help! thanks!

image.thumb.jpg.d356f9152003823a231d353f8e49353b.jpg

yeah, its 460 watt

but please get a better psu

even a cx-series psu is better than that

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

actual wattage is around 385 or less on the 12 volts rails

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Just now, shadowbyte said:

yeah, its 460 watt

but please get a better psu

even a cx-series psu is better than that

yah its from a pre built Dell, but im really short on money and cant seem to find one that i know for sure has 2 6 pin connectors for the new GPU i plan on getting

Just now, Taitor said:

yah its from a pre built Dell, but im really short on money and cant seem to find one that i know for sure has 2 6 pin connectors for the new GPU i plan on getting

wat gpu?

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Polaroid Spectra System

Unless you are getting a 750ti or lower, you MUST upgrade that PSU, I wouldn't feel safe putting anything over $200 on that

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

Just now, Taitor said:

This one does: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-100b10500kr(although it's pretty crap it's still an improvement)

As you can see pcpartpicker provides information on if the PSU has a 6-pin connecter 

1 minute ago, shadowbyte said:

wat gpu?

He made a previous post. It's a GTX 960

Just now, Savir said:

He made a previous post. It's a GTX 960

then it should be fine

but please make it the first thing you upgrade when you get moar monies

Polaroid Spectra System

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151094 i recommend this if ur getting a new psu.

Spoiler

PC: CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X @ Curve optimzer -25,  Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black, Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B500-F Gaming WiFi II, GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7800XT @ Stock , RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL18, HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB, SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Team Group MP33 1TB NVME, Case: NZXT H7 Flow Black, PSU: NZXT C1200  I Peripherals: Keyboard: Ducky Shine 6 RGB Special Edition, Mouse: Razer Orochi V2, Headset: Philips SHP9500, Mousepad: Glorious Stealth Extended I Laptop: MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro CPU: i7-6700HQ@ 2.6ghz, GPU: GTX 1060, Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz, HDD: 1TB+128GB SSD

17 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

then it should be fine

but please make it the first thing you upgrade when you get moar monies

yah im going to wait until i can afford a new PSU as well, thanks for the help!

22 minutes ago, Taitor said:

i plan on upgrading my GPU and it recommends i have a 400W PSU. on the side of mine i read total 460W but someome told me it was actually 385. i put a picture of my PSU. please help! thanks!

Dell units are FERRY instable, gat one from corsair, evga, be quiet, seasonic , fractal disign , enz

i fail to see why people are down on cx psu's. they rarely fail except from user stupidity and are made quite well by a very respected company. they have been tested time and again and output is as it should be as well as having all the common safety features and haveing no heating issues. at 80+ bronze they are fair at efficiency and last for a decade at a price that is more than reasonable. i have built more systems than i can ever remember with them and have no issues

sorry op i was distracted, the psu you have is a 460 watt psu that is just a disguised delta there is 385 watts max on your 12 volt rail with 18, 16 and 8 amps available at each rail. internally all those rails are most likely joined so a combined amperage of 40 amps but the wires may be sized for less load on each. this psu is basic and though you will be hard pressed to find trouble with these psu's it is insufficient imho for modern gpu's that cost so much. spend 30 -60 dollars on a new psu and you will be better served

from what i know dell is using delta psus. if that is a delta psu if you get a corsair cx or other entry level cheap psus you will make a downgrade. delta makes excellent psus,if not the best.

26 minutes ago, s3ns3 said:

from what i know dell is using delta psus. if that is a delta psu if you get a corsair cx or other entry level cheap psus you will make a downgrade. delta makes excellent psus,if not the best.

they are delta though they are made less stringently i would think. the problem lies in rail configuration. i like to be sure i have a combined rail. the total amperage available for gpu's and the available connectors are also a issue. you can adapt if you like but you need a lower powered card. in general i like modern psu pin outs. on most under 500 watt psu's i come across there are no gpu plugs on pre built systems unless they a gamer series