[US] $0.99 customized mouse pad - Artscow.com

Hello everyone. The deal includes shipping, so it's really just $0.99.

Here is the website (it requires you register an account): http://www.artscow.com

Here is the coupon code: Z099MOUSEPADE3VTN

Here is where you go on the website to get the deal: http://www.artscow.com/photo-gifts/99cents-gifts Ctrl + F -> Type "Large Mousepad".

Here is my source for it: https://www.reddit.com/r/DealsReddit/comments/3uo3jp/artscow_099_customizable_mousepads_cosmetic_bags/ Yes, the code is still good. I just used it.

Note: Due to high volume, it can take 7+ days to ship, so it will take a while to get to you. You were warned.

Story time:

This forum was started over 3 years ago. I joined 5 Jan 2013, I think a few months after it started up. Some time in that spring, this same deal came up and I bought the following mousepad via this deal:

9199810448_eb0acb99a7_k.jpg

And here it is, ~3 years later:

IMG_1455843876541-517348467.jpg

Note: The flash makes the above picture less dirty looking than it really is. It's almost dark brown where my wrist sits.

So I think it's time for a new one. Though I think that proves the quality of the mousepad. I took care of it in that I only ever used it. I never put it in the washer or abused it with liquids such as soda or what-have-you.

Unfortunately, a new mousepad isn't the only change I've decided on.

I am not happy or interested in this forum anymore. It is not a place I enjoy coming to. This is one reason I rarely leave the HS club thread (which is now much less active due to changes in the club). I think part of it is less so me changing (though that's a factor) and more so the forum changing. I can't really do anything about that, but it's life.

I have little reason to be here anymore, and due to recent events within the forum, I've decided I'm done coming here. So, with that, I decided also that I'd share this deal one last time as a sort of memento of when I first joined. I'm a sappy person like that.

No one will probably care. That's ok. As soon as I'm done with my business here, I'm out. 

Later everyone.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Interesting deal. How well does it actually perform though? I've felt a few mousepads before and assuming these are cloth, would the colors affect the usage due to difference in materials? I have no idea. 

On the side though, what's wrong with the forum? I'm pretty new here and I enjoy reading a lot of these posts. 

2 hours ago, tomoki said:

Interesting deal. How well does it actually perform though? I've felt a few mousepads before and assuming these are cloth, would the colors affect the usage due to difference in materials? I have no idea. 

On the side though, what's wrong with the forum? I'm pretty new here and I enjoy reading a lot of these posts. 

well if you're new you'll probably see a reason for everything he dislikes so that'll be pointless, and the other questions will have to be answered elsewhere probably as he's not coming back (?)

At .99 it's almost worth it to buy what you want and just test it out

Shipping sucks

1 minute ago, GSTARR said:

well if you're new you'll probably see a reason for everything he dislikes so that'll be pointless, and the other questions will have to be answered elsewhere probably as he's not coming back (?)

hahaha curiosity :D

Just now, tomoki said:

They are a cloth. It's a dyed cloth adhered to a squishy mouse pad. So no difference in materials. Though the cloth is separating from the pad itself now. That took a good 2 years to start happening though. Not bad for $1. It took around 1.5-2 years for the mouse pad to be squished. What I mean is that the area where my wrist rests is constantly depressed now. It doesn't bounce back, but it's even softer than before (strangely).

It's an informative place, but the "lesser so me changing" part means a lot of the informative stuff I already know. Comes with age and lots of time and liking to read I guess. 

It's just a lot of stuff that's been building up in time for me really. The forum update wasn't something I enjoyed. Yes, I realize they are working on fixing problems. It's not the bugs. It's ... something I can't put my finger on. I'm not the only one to express the dislike of it but can't pin down why, so I assume it's something objective and not just subjective or "I don't like change". I don't know though. YMMV.

If I had to list the three things:

• Forum update that (imo) doesn't make things better.
  • Staff attitudes changing in how they deal with things.
  • Forum populace changing over time to one that is not one I enjoy. (this is how most things work, the old members slowly leave while new members come in until the place isn't what it used to be) AFAICT whatever attempts (if any) there has been to prevent this have been ineffective.

Tis life for things to change.

1 minute ago, GSTARR said:

My business isn't completed here yet. It should be in a day or 2.

I agree. The deal from 2-3 years ago was from the same website, so the picture I showed is what you should expect in quality (lasting 3 years with minor discoloration, some slight separation between the pad and cloth, but overall holding up well). Realize: I use my computer every day. For 4+ hours minimum to 12+ hours regularly. It is my TV. My game system. My ... everything really (in terms of technology). 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

1 minute ago, tomoki said:

The forum does this periodically where it dwindles into flame wars pretty much every other day. With new processors just around the corner, along with the fact that 2016 is expected to be a pretty big year in the world of technology as a whole, people with plans for new builds and asking if they should wait for new products to come out get deluged with spiteful and grating flamewars among fanboys from all sides. It just gets really caustic around this time of year.

On the subject of the mousepads - it looks like they're pretty standard - fabric top, foam backing.

Imo not really worth it - I prefer the microfiber mousepads with rubberized bottoms and stitched-to-hell-and-back edges. I have one from Tek Syndicate and... you reaaaally get what you pay for.

Although, these are 99 cents, so... if you've a dollar that you can dig out of your sofa... I'd say why not?

1 minute ago, KemoKa said:

The forum does this periodically where it dwindles into flame wars pretty much every other day. With new processors just around the corner, along with the fact that 2016 is expected to be a pretty big year in the world of technology as a whole, people with plans for new builds and asking if they should wait for new products to come out get deluged with spiteful and grating flamewars among fanboys from all sides. It just gets really caustic around this time of year.

On the subject of the mousepads - it looks like they're pretty standard - fabric top, foam backing.

Imo not really worth it - I prefer the microfiber mousepads with rubberized bottoms and stitched-to-hell-and-back edges. I have one from Tek Syndicate and... you reaaaally get what you pay for.

Although, these are 99 cents, so... if you've a dollar that you can dig out of your sofa... I'd say why not?

Yeah I've already seen 2 flame wars. One wasn't an active thread while the other I saw today. They're somewhat bound to happen though I think? When we're talking about technological stuff like this and people adhere to biases or mis-belief, you can't really adjust that with simple talking unless you shut the other person down with objective evidence. I don't have the time for that though LOL. I'm here to learn whatever I can and provide whatever I've learnt. 

That being said though, I don't know anything about the AMD side processor/gpu :D someone enlighten me. 

5 minutes ago, KemoKa said:

It's the "Customization" part that makes it go from "why not" to "totally worth it" imo.

Many people who like anime want an anime themed mouse pad. Unfortunately, many anime themed mouse pads have boob bulges on them, which is off-putting to many people. 

This is a way to have exactly what you want in a normal format for very little money.

† Christian Member †

Just now, tomoki said:

Yeah I've already seen 2 flame wars. One wasn't an active thread while the other I saw today. They're somewhat bound to happen though I think? When we're talking about technological stuff like this and people adhere to biases or mis-belief, you can't really adjust that with simple talking unless you shut the other person down with objective evidence. I don't have the time for that though LOL. I'm here to learn whatever I can and provide whatever I've learnt. 

That being said though, I don't know anything about the AMD side processor/gpu :D someone enlighten me. 

AMD CPUs are still terrible, Zen is supposed to be the result of AMD's marketing people finally shutting their mouths, sitting quietly and obediently in the corner and letting the processor designers and engineers do their job. Their mid-range GPUs are the best for the price, especially if you get older HD 7000 series GPUs used. They're also beasts at OpenCL and math compute. They suffer at the high end because of their poor drivers and the stumbling block that is 1st-generation HBM. That's basically all there is to it.

Already got one long ago, so I can't get another. So sad! But for $0.99 it is a great deal. If you can get a high quality picture, the final product isn't bad at all.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

1 hour ago, Albatross said:

Already got one long ago, so I can't get another. So sad! But for $0.99 it is a great deal. If you can get a high quality picture, the final product isn't bad at all.

Hmm?

Curious. I was able to buy one with the same account I made 3 years ago to buy one then. May just be lucky I guess.

† Christian Member †

I tried to make an account for this and it said my username was taken.  At that moment I had a flashback to years ago when I saw this very same deal and debated on buying one.  Sure enough, it still remembers my account and my one image that I had uploaded to put on the mousepad.

On 2/19/2016 at 5:56 PM, Vitalius said:

It's the "Customization" part that makes it go from "why not" to "totally worth it" imo.

Many people who like anime want an anime themed mouse pad. Unfortunately, many anime themed mouse pads have boob bulges on them, which is off-putting to many people. 

This is a way to have exactly what you want in a normal format for very little money.

Completely agree. Just slapped some Justin Maller art on there and ordered it

It's a shame you can only buy a single mousepad per IP address. I'd love to get a second one -- the one I got two years ago is great. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.