BenQ XL2430T very rare issue

I've been looking for a while trying to find out more about my problem but I couldn't find anything.

I'll try to make it short. When my monitor turns off there's still some light remaining, specially at a specific spot (at the bottom, slightly at the left from the center).

I even tried to unplug it (so it doesn't have any electricity to keep it on) but it still stays on. I left it unplugged for one night and in the morning there was no light left, but when I used it again it come back.

Any ideas of what could this issue be?

Thank you in advance : )

I'll try to take some pictures of it if I can when I arrive home so you can see it.

EDIT: the only thing that it could have damaged my monitor is me using its USB ports which sometimes would turn off for less than a second all my USB devices connected at my PC ports. That's the only strange behaviour that i noticed lately before this issue and it didn't happen when I discovered the issue, but I did use the monitor's USB ports that day.

Edited by viciado95
Adding some extra info

4 minutes ago, viciado95 said:

I've been looking for a while trying to find out more about my problem but I couldn't find anything.

I'll try to make it short. When my monitor turns off there's still some light remaining, specially at a specific spot (at the bottom, slightly at the left from the center).

I even tried to unplug it (so it doesn't have any electricity to keep it on) but it still stays on. I left it unplugged for one night and in the morning there was no light left, but when I used it again it come back.

I'll try to take some pictures of it if I can when I arrive home so you can see it.

that could mean that there is a small amount of electricity remaining in the monitor itself even when you unplug it. 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

8 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

that could mean that there is a small amount of electricity remaining in the monitor itself even when you unplug it. 

But it wasn't that way until now. That's why I'm concerned.

Just now, viciado95 said:

But it wasn't that way until now. That's why I'm concerned.

maybe you can RMA it? or return it to the store you bought it from?

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

While that is very strange, does it actually effect the picture when you are using the monitor?  Or is it just the oddity of part of the backlight seemingly staying on when the monitor is off?  I have this exact same monitor so if there's anything you'd like me to test on mine (never noticed this type of issue, also use the USB ports daily as I have my XBONE Wireless Adapter plugged into it), let me know.

Contact Benq and RMA the monitor.

They were able to track down the cause of this issue and it's due to a very obscure and bizarre flaw.  They do have a fix for it but it requires sending it in.

10 hours ago, ShaithEatery said:

While that is very strange, does it actually effect the picture when you are using the monitor?  Or is it just the oddity of part of the backlight seemingly staying on when the monitor is off?  I have this exact same monitor so if there's anything you'd like me to test on mine (never noticed this type of issue, also use the USB ports daily as I have my XBONE Wireless Adapter plugged into it), let me know.

The image is actually clear as crystal, as always. What's strange too is that when the monitor tuns on there's a very short period of time where the screen turns darker (as dark as it should be while being off) and then turns on. But while being on all seems to be fine. I even tried looking at a black picture and all seems to be fine (no extra light anywhere)

And about the USB thing, the problem is that my USB external drive sometimes seems to make a short-circuit and that's why I was concerned about the USB thing because I even saw a little spark sometimes and I said, some other times all my USB devices turned off by the time I was connecting the external drive.

Thank you for your reply.

BTW: I've tried to take a picture of the screen, but the camera can't "see" that little background light.

Also I would like to add that not all the screen is equally lit while being off. The light is more intense on the bottom, slightly at the left side.

Edited by viciado95
More info

18 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

Contact Benq and RMA the monitor.

They were able to track down the cause of this issue and it's due to a very obscure and bizarre flaw.  They do have a fix for it but it requires sending it in.

OK. Thanks for the info :)

I'll contact them and I hope they can fix it as soon as possible :)

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2016 at 2:41 AM, viciado95 said:

EDIT: the only thing that it could have damaged my monitor is me using its USB ports which sometimes would turn off for less than a second all my USB devices connected at my PC ports. That's the only strange behaviour that i noticed lately before this issue and it didn't happen when I discovered the issue, but I did use the monitor's USB ports that day.

I started having this same issue a month ago with my XL2430T. It didn't really bother me since I have it turned on pretty much all the time. I've never used the USB ports so I doubt it has something to do with that.

Have you found out anything after you contacted BenQ, or did they just let you RMA it?

~meOw! Σ:3

I have the exact issue but it's grown to a state where even my camera can see it (see attached).

The glow is not granulated as in the picture, it's a smooth white gradient that starts from the bottom center.

I've emailed Benq to RMA the monitor and am awaiting for a response.

I'll update the post when I get any news.

desligado.JPG

rip BenQ QC... :(

• 1 month later...

I am glad to have found this thread as I have just noticed this issue crop up on me too. Has anybody had any updates to their issues and if anything was solved or gotten even worse?

I am also surprised that many other individuals that have a BenQ XL2430T have the same issue. I'm interested to hear from anybody that has any updates regarding this. It's not really a major problem, the colors and performance of the monitor are perfect when using it, but the backlight that seems to stay on is interesting. 

And to add to that, it seems that the issue gets worse over time. It started out as only the left corner, then the right corner, then now it's almost the whole edge of the monitor.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue. When I turn off my computer, I can actually see the white gradient when my room is completely dark. Any updates?

• 4 weeks later...

I have the exact same issue here, any updates yet, has anyone fixed it in anyway?

I have this problem as well and it's not even a year old. Any of you guys who have requested RMA have gotten a result ?

cs4lyf

Weird. I just got a refurbished xl2430t a few days ago. Panel is perfect, no dead pixels or anything like this. I wonder if mine already had the fix applied. Time will tell.

Lol benq xl2430t here as well with EXACT same issue, it doesnt really bother me though it only happens when the screen is turned off. 

Same monitor same problem. I also get the "Out of range" message with black screen if I open up a fullscreen app/game like CS, turning the monitor off and back on solves that. Sometimes if I afk for a while and come back to my PC, the picture is warped and you can't do anything to fix it except restart the PC. At that stage if you try to change resolution or try to restart it, the whole PC freezes and you have to force shut down. Sometimes it just refuses to turn on saying no signal detected. All in all great monitor for CS when it works.

9/10

BenQ XL2430T owner here too. I have noticed same issue, when monitor turns itself off, very dim backlight glow can be seen in complete dark (from bottom to right). Only way to get rid off is to disconnect monitor from power source and then turn it on again or just wait some time before it disappears by itself. It looks to me that, when monitor turns itself off, a small charge is still left in the monitor.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but the first time this happened is when just before monitor automatically turned itself off, I have accidentally changed settings profile using s switch.

EDIT: After some more research, I think have found the possible issue. BenQ has more than 100 reports on this model and this particular issue, except there is no actual fix for it. So far, the reason for backlight staying on is related to humidity of the room and something inside the main board is getting moisture and thus it makes a contact and charge builds up inside or something like that. BenQ have stated that this does not damages any of the components and only affects monitor when it is turned off.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, BenQ confirmed this is a humidity issue and there is nothing the user can do to fix it without voiding your warranty. RMA is the only option. They'll probably just replace it with a brand new Zowie XL2430. :D

12 hours ago, Xin said:

Yes, BenQ confirmed this is a humidity issue and there is nothing the user can do to fix it without voiding your warranty. RMA is the only option. They'll probably just replace it with a brand new Zowie XL2430. :D

Is there any difference with the Zowie one compared to the older serie?

Zowie XL2430T should be a rename rebrand.  At least it will have the latest firmware.

Only the "Zowie" XL2735Z is different than the XL2730Z, and even this has not been dissected over at blurbusters as I don't even know if it's available.

The XL2730Z was fully dissected by Bishi, who found that Strobe Crosstalk was "roughly" equal in percentage of the screen filled by it, to a XL2720Z without a VT tweak installed, and the XL2730Z does not respond to VT tweaks to improve strobing (including up to VT 1849 vs VT 1449).

If the "Zowie" XL2735Z can strobe at 100hz refresh rate I'll eat a sock.  I swear.  No lies.

• 2 months later...

bought the benq zowie xl2430, like falkentyne said its the same Monitor (1:1) but it has the same Problems as stated before.. out of range Bugs etc. cant recommend the Monitor to be honest. Performance is okay overall. Low calibration bug etc. still exists. i returned the Monitor to the shop where i bought him..