So Vaping and Computers do not mix

jcw150

(Rewritten)

So I live with my Dad, his girlfriend and her 2 sons, both of which are avid PC gamers. The elder son (he's 19 I think) vapes in his room to the point where there is a thick smog and we think it could've caused his PC (including a Titan X) to break. The reasons I think it broke because of the vaping is because there was some strange residue on top of the Titan X and when he vape his room is really humid. The reason I don't just think he was unlucky and had a component failure is cause his GPU broke and then about a week later his motherboard broke.

So yhh don't vape near your computer.

(Original but don't read cause terrible grammar) 

So I live (partly) with my Dad, his girlfriend and her 2 sons and me and her son are all gamers. The elder son (he's 19 I think) vapes in his room a lot and has recently had a PC catastrophe where his PC has been completely destroyed his entire PC which includes a Titan X and I don't know what CPU but I'm sure it'll be expensive to replace. He PC was broken by his vaping we think as it makes his room really really humid and it seems like the only valid explanation.

2edgy4me

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

i vape more than you can imagine and my room is not humid and my PC is not broken, something else is going on if his room is that much humid maybe he is growing pot in his closet or something.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

i vape more than you can imagine and my room is not humid and my PC is not broken, something else is going on if his room is that much humid maybe he is growing pot in his closet or something.

His room is literally a smog and I guess he got pretty unlucky

2 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Just don't be a retard in the first place and the vaping would stop itself.

THIS ^^^^^

i7 6700k||Asus Z170-A||Powercolor R9 270X PCS+ 2GB||Bitfenix Prodigy M||16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4||Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD||Corsair CX850M power supply||Silverstone Tundra Series TD02-E AIO CPU cooling

Just now, jcw150 said:

His room is literally a smog and I guess he got pretty unlucky

well...i vape a ton like i said and my room is never a smog...not even close...it doesnt smell much of anything either...i don't know what else to say! :)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Why in hell would he vape in the first place

Spoiler

CPU: I7-4790k CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA Z97X-Gaming 3 

Ram: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 1866 16GB, (2x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte Geforce G1 Gaming 980Ti 

Case: NZXT Noctis 450 (Black/Red) Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD, Seagate Barracude 7200RPM 3TB 

PSU: Seasonic 750W 80+ Gold

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

well...i vape a ton like i said and my room is never a smog...not even close...it doesnt smell much of anything either...i don't know what else to say! :)

I mean maybe his has shitty vaping stuff :P I literally know nothing about this stuff

On tek syndicate they vape all the fucking time around computers. I  don't think the vaping is the problem.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Just now, jcw150 said:

I think originally to quit smoking but now he just does both.

lol

Spoiler

CPU: I7-4790k CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA Z97X-Gaming 3 

Ram: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 1866 16GB, (2x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte Geforce G1 Gaming 980Ti 

Case: NZXT Noctis 450 (Black/Red) Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD, Seagate Barracude 7200RPM 3TB 

PSU: Seasonic 750W 80+ Gold

Just now, christianled59 said:

On tek syndicate they vape all the fucking time around computers. I  don't think the vaping is the problem.

There was some weird residue on his Titan X and it wasn't from his h100i so we thought what else could it be?

1 minute ago, jcw150 said:

There was some weird residue on his Titan X and it wasn't from his h100i so we thought what else could it be?

Maybe he has some really crappy juice and a tiny room. Idk man. Could be the vape.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

11 minutes ago, jcw150 said:

So I live (partly) with my Dad, his girlfriend and her 2 sons and me and her son are all gamers. The elder son (he's 19 I think) vapes in his room a lot and has recently had a PC catastrophe where his PC has been completely destroyed his entire PC which includes a Titan X and I don't know what CPU but I'm sure it'll be expensive to replace. He PC was broken by his vaping we think as it makes his room really really humid and it seems like the only valid explanation.

So yhh don't vape near your computer.

Cause computer parts are not known to fail EVER.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Maybe he has some really crappy juice and a tiny room. Idk man. Could be the vape.

the room is pretty small and I don't know about juice lol

1 minute ago, jcw150 said:

the room is pretty small and I don't know about juice lol

Juice is the liquid used in ecigs. 

2 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

again there was weird residue and he said it made a burning smell but it could be component failure of course

Juice is the liquid used in ecigs. 

I got that but I don't know about his juice quality

Just now, jcw150 said:

again there was weird residue and he said it made a burning smell but it could be component failure of course

an my GTS 250 was filled with red dust from me spray painting in the same room.

That doesnt mean anything.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

4 minutes ago, Nexxus said:

I gotta go with this. Something failed, maybe the PSU blew in such away that it blue out the other components.  Something like that makes much more sense than blaming vaping. You would need a LOT of moisture in the air to short out something on a computer.  Like, moisture would have the be condensing and dizzling down the side.

3420fe923bdcaf6991361fdbf8b6a785.jpg

System Specs

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

I gotta go with this. Something failed, maybe the PSU blew in such away that it blue out the other components.  Something like that makes much more sense than blaming vaping. You would need a LOT of moisture in the air to short out something on a computer.  Like, moisture would have the be condensing and dizzling down the side.

They failed at different times, first the Titan X and then his motherboard.

Just to say it.

For one that lives in the UK your English is terrible.

:ph34r:

Commas, period and other sentence structure goes a loooong ways.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

6 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Also it's so bloody smoggy I would not be all surprised if there was condensation the air is really heavy