Will you be getting the next BF game?

ManOfDisguise

After the mess that was BF4(though it improved but even so it took DICE quite some time to do that) and Hardline, will you be getting the next BF game?

BC2 still remains the best BF imo, BF3 and 4 were good as well but not as good

I'm guessing the next BF game will follow the style of 3 and 4 so we can probably expect similar gameplay to those rather than BC1 or BC2.

I might get it, probably not near launch, mayben once the Premium edition goes down on sale

Also: Steve Jablonsky is going to compose the soundtracks for the next BF game for those who don't know and he is a great composer!(most known for his Transformers score which was pretty awesome, Arrival to Earth especially)

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Wow, Steve Jablonsky!!???? NIIIICCEEE. Gonna wait for a week after launch or something to see how it holds up and knowing from past releases, there should be a trailer relatively soon.

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

Yeah sure - probably. I mean I didn't play Battlefield 4 right away at launch because I still had fun with Battlefield 3 but by now I feel kinda burnt out since Bf4 is pretty much all I've played the last year and a half - no I didn't get Hardline, didn't really find the setting appealing. So yes, I for one probably will buy it at launch.

YES, I will get it, but probably 1-2 years after launch when the price comes down. I won't get it if it's another "Batman: Arkham Knight".

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

2 minutes ago, Blueprint said:

Wow, Steve Jablonsky!!???? NIIIICCEEE. Gonna wait for a week after launch or something to see how it holds up and knowing from past releases, there should be a trailer relatively soon.

Yea, it's pretty awesome! Though I would love Two Steps From Hell or Audiomachine to score a big game, I would buy the game just because of that haha

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

2 minutes ago, losyav said:

I will buy any battlefield from DICE

even if it 100 dollars .

even if it's a bag filled with shit and has Battlefield written on it? (and developed by DICE) 

:P

Specs of my PC:

I still remember the mess of BF4 in the beginning but it got good, very good in my opinion. I will go for the next one, 100%. Especially since I skiped on BattleFront.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X PBO GPU: Asus Strix RTX 3090 OC Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz CL17

CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i Capillex Storage: Samsung 980 Pro and 970 Evo 1TB Samsung 860 EVO 1TB Crucial MX300 525GB WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX1000 Case: Corsair 500D SE RGB 6x LL120

1 minute ago, racer243l said:

I still remember the mess of BF4 in the beginning but it got good, very good in my opinion. I will go for the next one, 100%. Especially since I skiped on BattleFront.

Yes they made a big comeback with BF4 and that big patch. Though had they done it sooner a lot more people would probably buy the game(though the servers still have lots of people playing which is cool)

Specs of my PC:

14 minutes ago, ManOfDisguise said:

After the mess that was BF4(though it improved but even so it took DICE quite some time to do that) and Hardline, will you be getting the next BF game?

BC2 still remains the best BF imo, BF3 and 4 were good as well but not as good

I'm guessing the next BF game will follow the style of 3 and 4 so we can probably expect similar gameplay to those rather than BC1 or BC2.

I might get it, probably not near launch, mayben once the Premium edition goes down on sale

Also: Steve Jablonsky is going to compose the soundtracks for the next BF game for those who don't know and he is a great composer!(most known for his Transformers score which was pretty awesome, Arrival to Earth especially)

BF4....a mess? Are you serious lol

Yeah the release was a bit messy but it's an insanely good game, and they're still bringing out FREE content 2+ years after release...

How can you possibly call this game a mess, this was the best €70 I've ever spent.

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

Just now, losyav said:

with 700 hours on battlefield 4 from (DICE)

and  OVER 800 HOURS ON BATTLEFIELD 3 (DICE )

and over 200 hours on Vietnam (DICE)

and 7 minutes on counter strike go not DICE hahaha I khnow

and 0 hours on hardline NOT DICE

so I trust DICE .

Ah ok cool they would really have to mess up with the next BF game for you to not get it then :P. 

Specs of my PC:

2 minutes ago, JorenBus said:

BF4....a mess? Are you serious lol

Yeah the release was a bit messy but it's an insanely good game, and they're still bringing out FREE content 2+ years after release...

How can you possibly call this game a mess, this was the best €70 I've ever spent.

I meant at that start near the release especially with all the netcode problems but as I said they improved it later on with the big patch and it became a very good game. I'm not saying it's a mess currently and hasn't been for several months if not a year now(don't remember when the big patch came out) but it definitely started as a mess and it took DICE quite some time to fix it and by that time a lot of players were frustrated and stopped playing the game(though I'm guessing a lot of those players came back after the big patch)

Specs of my PC:

Probably not till its less than £15 but I wish they would make bc3 as the bc series has unquestionably had the best game play imo. 

Just now, losyav said:

I cant wait for the next battlefield from DICE man

it.s gonna be a military battlefield wow YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH .

isn't BF normally a military shooter?

Specs of my PC:

Just now, KE2012 said:

Probably not till its less than £15 but I wish they would make bc3 as the bc series has unquestionably had the best game play imo. 

Yes the visual effects and sound effects and the gunplay were all so much better(and the destruction as well!). I still find BF3 and BF4 to be great games though

Specs of my PC:

Just now, losyav said:

COME ON PLEASE

every game has it.s own proplems at release date

patches and update will fix these .

Yes of course but BF4's problems were pretty big it impacted gameplay quite a lot and again the patch that fixed most of the problems came quite later on

Specs of my PC:

Just now, losyav said:

hardline was NOT

that's why I said I only trust DICE .

Oh yea of course I'm talking about DICE's BF to hell with Hardline that game can't even call itself Battlefield

Specs of my PC:

2 minutes ago, ManOfDisguise said:

Yes the visual effects and sound effects and the gunplay were all so much better(and the destruction as well!). I still find BF3 and BF4 to be great games though

The destruction was on a whole other level,  I have no idea why they have been dialing it back in other games lately,  and the maps are also better designed in my opinion.  

Just now, KE2012 said:

The destruction was on a whole other level,  I have no idea why they have been dialing it back in other games lately,  and the maps are also better designed in my opinion.  

Yep. BF3 came with less destruction and if you look at things like explosions it was still better done in BC2. I remember a tank shot landed in front of me in BC2 and there was smoke everywhere, the soldier's hearing became muffled and there was a small crater in the ground whereas in BF3,4 the explosions are more or less quick yellow flashes, they don't feel as epic or grand as in BC2. BF4 brought in Levelution which is cool for singleplayer campaigns to have such moments but for a MP game scripted destruction sucks. Maps were definitely better in BC2 imo as well. 

Specs of my PC:

Depends on the quality of the product. I want a campaign that doesn't suck and a multiplayer that's not broken, is that too much to ask for? I'd totally buy a 2143 but another present day Battlefield... I don't really care for that.

144Hz goodness

Just now, ivhyn said:

Depends on the quality of the product. I want a campaign that doesn't suck and a multiplayer that's not broken, is that too much to ask for? I'd totally buy a 2143 but another present day Battlefield... I don't really care for that.

Is BF4 worth getting currently for $10?

[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

Just now, ivhyn said:

I don't know the campaigns were never really amazing in BF, they were for the most part imo more or less a waste of time and I can only hope the MP wont be broken

Specs of my PC:

Just now, roctrebira said:

Is BF4 worth getting currently for $10?

Totally, get the premium edition for $15 or something when it's on sale.

Just now, ManOfDisguise said:

I don't know the campaigns were never really amazing in BF, they were for the most part imo more or less a waste of time and I can only hope the MP wont be broken

I had a blast playing Bad Company (in 2 not so much because at one point my save game got corrupted which made me sad), they were hilarious and intelligent, BF 3 and especially 4 weren't really good though.

144Hz goodness

Just now, ivhyn said:

Totally, get the premium edition for $15 or something when it's on sale.

I had a blast playing Bad Company (in 2 not so much because at one point my save game got corrupted which made me sad), they were hilarious and intelligent, BF 3 and especially 4 weren't really good though.

yes BC1 and 2 had cool campaigns though still not amazing but for some laughs it was nice. BF3 and 4 were bad

Specs of my PC:

2 minutes ago, ManOfDisguise said:

yes BC1 and 2 had cool campaigns though still not amazing but for some laughs it was nice. BF3 and 4 were bad

Of course I don't expect something like Life is Strange or The Last of Us where it's hard not to cry, but BF 4 had like 6 fkg missions all of which I completed in 4 hours.

Shooter campaigns have been mostly really bad in the last couple years (Black Ops 3 was a surprising exception).

Also, Steve Jablonsky... I love The Island soundtrack and I have high hopes that the next Battlefield's soundtrack will be epic.

144Hz goodness