Opinions of Massdrop

Has anyone had a bad experience with Massdrop, particularly with support after your purchase? I just came across this article posted by FiiO on February 3rd warning their customers from buying their products from unauthorized dealers. Massdrop was one of them.

They dont do outside of US do they? or u gotta pay high import taxes

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

I have never had a problem with them and Linus endorsed them so they are pretty good. Also no manufacturer wants you to buy their product form unauthorized dealers.  

My Work in Progress PC http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/522048-xeon-build/ <-- That PC was built but never booted:(

My Work in Progress PC 2.0 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/540583-xeon-build-20-code-name-xenox (Hopefully this one boots.) 

they are ok, I have bought a handful of items from them. in general though you do need to price shop because you can find the same items for the same price if not cheaper elsewhere. price shopping is always a good idea period. I once ordered Christmas cards that were supposed to be at my place before Christmas obviously however we didnt get them til late January and were left high and dry. Massdrop doesnt really do customer service well and they dont have to since they dont really promise you anything other then being the middle man. 

So long story short I still use massdrop once in a while and am very careful about pricing and delivery dates.