Multiplayer is basically done for legit players especially FPS.

LokiFire

Cheating is just taking everything away from games... fun is no longer there.. competitive is a joke in all games now even Counter Strike.

Consoles have them in their masses too.

I fucking hate that CSGO became more popular it's just a cheat fest.

COD is the same.

Battlefield is the same

FPS at least to me personally is really dying.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Status Update

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

"multiplayer is basically done for legit players"

"FPS at least to me personally is really dying"

one of these is a personal opinion and the other is a mass generalization

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, don_svetlio said:

Status Update

Uhmm no.

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

"multiplayer is basically done for legit players"

"FPS at least to me personally is really dying"

one of these is a personal opinion and the other is a mass generalization

Most likely one of them.

You just discovered this now? 

Cheaters, modders, hackers, exploiters, whatever you want to call them, has been around since the dawn of multiplayer games. 

I fondly remember people that modded items in Ultima: Online and later on in Diablo II. 

And people made aimbots for CS as far back as the first few alfa releases. I even remember people making trainers for the first Quake game.

If multiplayer games were dying becuase of cheaters, they would have died a long time ago. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I highly agree. If you're not buying the latest games then you will have to deal with hackers in every other game. Unless it's a valve game. Then you have VAC :)

My ~$200 USD build:

AMD A8-7600    G. Skill Ripjaws Z @1800 CAS 8     EVGA 500w 80+ PSU    Gigabyte GAF2A68HM-DS2H Motherboard

Just now, Badazzz said:

I highly agree. If you're not buying the latest games then you will have to deal with hackers in every other game. Unless it's a valve game. Then you have VAC :)

VAC it's self is also useless.

Pretty sure these are personal opinions, as I and many others are pumped for Overwatch, I've been enjoying TF2 for nearly 6 years and am excited for the upcoming matchmaking (not to mention my existing experience with 6s and highlander lobbies), I just got into Black Ops 3 for PC and have enjoyed it so far with no disturbance from hackers, and Fistful of Frags has been one of the greatest multiplayer FPS experiences I've played in a long while for a very basic game.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Just now, LokiFire said:

VAC it's self is also useless.

VAC isn't really useless. I've never seen a hacker not get banned on a VAC server.

My ~$200 USD build:

AMD A8-7600    G. Skill Ripjaws Z @1800 CAS 8     EVGA 500w 80+ PSU    Gigabyte GAF2A68HM-DS2H Motherboard

Just now, Suika said:

Pretty sure these are personal opinions, as I and many others are pumped for Overwatch, I've been enjoying TF2 for nearly 6 years and am excited for the upcoming matchmaking (not to mention my existing experience with 6s and highlander lobbies), I just got into Black Ops 3 for PC and have enjoyed it so far with no disturbance from hackers, and Fistful of Frags has been one of the greatest multiplayer FPS experiences I've played in a long while for a very basic game.

Yeah you should try playing in the EU.. biggest fucking cheat zone on earth, especially Russians... Russians live to cheat.

I have been playing CS GO since 1.3 beta, and there will always be hackers, but honestly it doesn't really effect my day to day games.  I RARELY ever come across those blatant spin bot instant HS cheaters, and at the level I play at, even using cheats doesn't guaranty a win. It is still very playable and enjoyable to me.  However, all that said, as a regular overwatcher, it is a bit depressing to see how many people do cheat...

|[ i7 6700k ][ MSI z170a XPower Gaming Titanium MB ][ 16gig G.Skill Trident Z 3000mhz ][ Gigabyte Xtreme GTX 980ti ][ Samsung Evo & Intel SSDs ][ Corsair 540 air ][ XFX Pro 750w Platinum ][ 24" Asus 144hz ]|

Hacker's done bother me too much. 

Of course you're going to run into hackers in an older game, who's going to waste $60 on a game just to get banned eventually? And using Call of Duty, especially Ghosts, as an example is pretty bad. CoD games are notorious for having hackers, especially MW2, and I'd argue it doesn't really even matter too much for Ghosts since it sucked. Like a lot. That being said, yes of course hackers suck, but I wouldn't venture as far as to say they're ruining the industry. CS is ruined by it obviously, older CoD games, sure. I haven't run into many hackers on Battlefield 4, for the most part GTA:O hackers just dick around or give out money. That's not even touching on other multiplayer games.

TL;DR - Chill.

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

I don't trust anyone in FPS games. BF4 with players using map hacks or whatever, anyone can be cheating and you won't even know it. There are so many players reaching 100+ kills with little to no death count, no one bats and eye. Everything about it is just sketchy in general.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

Nothing new here. Though I'm glad I quit gaming competitively, more or less when I quit playing CS and League. Put too much time, frustration and money into those games for my liking.

Now I just play mostly singleplayer games(good ol SP) and BF4, but very casually.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

On 13/02/2016 at 5:34 PM, MrSuperb said:

Valve just completly abandoned CSGO ....

What? Doubtful considering how much money it makes them.

and we will live such tragedy in perpetuity.

On 13/02/2016 at 5:37 PM, Badazzz said:

VAC is useless... VAC has kicked me quite a few times... whilst playing CS:GO which is soo annoying (no i dont hack...) and ive played against hackers which clearly shows how "great" VAC is...

11 hours ago, danhulud said:

What? Doubtful considering how much money it makes them.

they make tons of money without doing anything anymore ...

I have logged over 2000h in cs go, won over 1000 comp matches. I never had a big problem with an occasional cheater, but the last weeks/months (especially when valve decided to update the ranking system) have bean unbearable. There is just no fun anymore when that one guy from the other team is dropping a 40-50bomb ... NO ... he is not that one GE smurfer ...

_____

this describes the current situation perfectly ...

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/45yvm3/even_cheaters_are_asking_what_happened_to_vac/

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

7 hours ago, Majestic said:

Put-Down-that-Saltshaker.jpg

Dat salt stainless steel!

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Funny how you come across cheaters so much, while I rarely see one while playing the same games.

I'm guessing you're that guy that calls cheats whenever someone gets a lucky kill/has more skill, amiright? Probably yeah

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

What are you talking about, its very rare I see a hacker or exploiter on a daily basis

for most players who play casually multiplayer is perfectly viable

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii