Amd 860k Gtx 950 problems with Gta 5

I got a amd 860k and gtx 950 also 8gb of ram  I also got at aftermarket cooler to fix a problem I thought it would do it. So when I played after 20-40 min have stutering bad frame rate drops so I know stock heatsinks usally are terabble got a a after market cooler from cooler master. Then that still didn't really fix it now I changed some settings in gta 5 made v-sync half so 30fps but still get some of the problems. It usally happens when driving in free mode and messing around also in Gta online. I think it's the amd 860k anyway have idea's on how to fix this issue? (Also have windows 8.1)  

1 minute ago, LuketheNuke58YT said:

I got a amd 860k and gtx 950 also 8gb of ram  I also got at aftermarket cooler to fix a problem I thought it would do it. So when I played after 20-40 min have stutering bad frame rate drops so I know stock heatsinks usally are terabble got a a after market cooler from cooler master. Then that still didn't really fix it now I changed some settings in gta 5 made v-sync half so 30fps but still get some of the problems. It usally happens when driving in free mode and messing around also in Gta online. I think it's the amd 860k anyway have idea's on how to fix this issue? (Also have windows 8.1)  

Well you are right that is a major bottleneck right there.

Yeah, this is a common problem people run to that's easy to fix.

Dump the 860k and get an i5.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

Is your 950 thermal throttling? 
In case it's not the 860k

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

11 minutes ago, LuketheNuke58YT said:

Lower all of the in-game settings and disable AA. The GTX 950 barely runs GTA5 above 60fps at 1080p, regardless of CPU.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

7 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Wow, such helpful suggestions, people above.

I don't know, I thought I was helping...

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

14 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Wow, such helpful suggestions, people above.

It seems to be an issue half involving the GPU and half involving how the game engine works.

Considering an i3 and 750ti can run GTA V @1080p on high-very high with averages of 40fps and minimums of 30; the main problem is the CPU.

GTA V is a very CPU-bound game.

EDIT: Not saying an i5 w/ a 750ti will net you 60fps, but a better GPU definitely won't do much in that game.

what are your graphics settings?

set your draw distant to near and reduce the number of NPCs

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Just now, dragoon20005 said:

Even Jayz's "Not-as-powerful" locked cores/threads solution would be a bad comparison, and leagues ahead, to something like an 860k.

7 minutes ago, Memories4K said:

Even Jayz's "Not-as-powerful" locked cores/threads solution would be a bad comparison, and leagues ahead, to something like an 860k.

i agree with you, but since he is saying the problem happen after 20-40 all i can think of is something thermal throttling, i think he should check CPU and GPU temps

3 minutes ago, LuketheNuke58YT said:

what should i do then? 

you can download https://camwebapp.com/

once you got the program running set the fps overlay and select cpu and gpu, then run gtaV and pay attencion on temps

48 minutes ago, AlexAlcala said:

once you got the program running set the fps overlay and select cpu and gpu, then run gtaV and pay attencion on temps

k i'll try it later 

On 2/12/2016 at 9:03 PM, AlexAlcala said:

Well I used that and well for like 20 min the cpu was 70degrees and game was running good gpu maybe 60-65 degrees the cpu was in the 100% range well the gpu 50% after awhile then the cpu temps went down as well as cpu usage to 50% and audio clipping frame dips so it's the amd 860k what a waste of money and linus even used it in a build guide 

11 minutes ago, LuketheNuke58YT said:

Well I used that and well for like 20 min the cpu was 70degrees and game was running good gpu maybe 60-65 degrees the cpu was in the 100% range well the gpu 50% after awhile then the cpu temps went down as well as cpu usage to 50% and audio clipping frame dips so it's the amd 860k what a waste of money and linus even used it in a build guide 

there you have your answer, its never a good sign when a cpu hits 100% on a game, buuut i think its thermal throttling. i did a quick search on google and found 72c its the temp when the cpu will start thermal throttling, maybe you can turn down the Vcore on the bios to prevent this.

Edit: try this http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2122665/understanding-temperature-amd-cpus-apus.html

Edited by AlexAlcala