Watch Dogs 2 Confirmed

eJoculate

Sourced from PCGAMER, for all you masked, trench coat donning, script kiddies out there:  

Ubisoft confirmed in its third quarter sales announcement that Watch Dogs 2, and a few other games of note, will be out sometime during its 2016-17 fiscal year. 

No specific dates mentioned as of yet, but expect it sometime between April 1, 2016 - March 31, 2017

I bet it will be released April 1 for April Fools, considering how the first game fooled everyone with the downgrade. :dry:

As long as it isn't over hyped like the first game was, it shouldn't disappoint too many people.

Spoiler

CPU: I7-4790k CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA Z97X-Gaming 3 

Ram: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 1866 16GB, (2x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte Geforce G1 Gaming 980Ti 

Case: NZXT Noctis 450 (Black/Red) Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD, Seagate Barracude 7200RPM 3TB 

PSU: Seasonic 750W 80+ Gold

Hopefully it'll be a lot more improved compared to the first.

Watch_Dogs has a good premise behind it, but fell really flat and dev/pub support was abysmal.

Honestly I doubt this game will be good.

YAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Maybe it'll be better than the first one with more to do and a story that isn't bland.

6 minutes ago, EChondo said:

When did you become a mod? :o

41 minutes ago, DeadEyeKozi said:

As long as it isn't over hyped like the first game was, it shouldn't disappoint too many people.

The first game was originally set to mainly be a PC release, wasn't it? Until the Peasants saw our E3 demo and hyped up that their old gen and current gen PSs and XBs would look that great...

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I'm really psyched for this. I really liked the first game, and enjoyed it a lot. It's still the best looking open world GTA clone on the market after all.

WD really suffered from being the first real "next gen" type of game out, that really shocked people, that they could no longer max out games on their obsolete 2GB 770 cards. Today no one bats an eye with these spec requirements with this level of graphics. The massive attack on WD was never truly well founded, but mostly based on fud, lies and a lack of understanding the differences between graphics and cinematography.

Either way, if they can improve on the story, make the game run more smoothly and scrap all the GameWorks crap, it could turn out to be an amazing game.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Unlike a lot of people, I really like Watch Dogs. The hack a person's game system was really fun and the soundtrack of the game wasn't half bad. Now they just need to improve the driving and maybe bring some rooftop action or the ability to get on top of large buildings.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Hooray for another modern-day Assassin's Creed! 

Maybe Ubisoft Montreal will get their head out of their arse this time around.

If it was Assassin's Creed I'd be able to climb walls and snipe my friends' cars from a mile away

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

7 minutes ago, APrettyCoolWalrus said:

Unlike a lot of people, I really like Watch Dogs. The hack a person's game system was really fun and the soundtrack of the game wasn't half bad. Now they just need to improve the driving and maybe bring some rooftop action or the ability to get on top of large buildings.

I'm pretty sure the main disappointment was the performance and that it didn't look as good as E3. I enjoyed the gameplay, but the performance, especially before my CPU upgrade, is shit.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

3 hours ago, zacRupnow said:

The first game was originally set to mainly be a PC release, wasn't it? Until the Peasants saw our E3 demo and hyped up that their old gen and current gen PSs and XBs would look that great...

No? That's not how it happened at all. 

10 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

No? That's not how it happened at all. 

It was a low key game until the graphical E3 Demo then it became hyped to release where it fell flat in graphics, gameplay, stability and story. It had some really interesting mechanics that were unique but overall that didn't do it enough to hold up against its flaws.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

As I've said before, two main reasons that companies downgrade graphics.

1) Console peasants are somehow upset that running the game on their $400 hardware doesn't look as good as it does on $3000 PCs

2) People with GTX 760s are upset that they're not able to play the game on max graphics, and bash the game for being "poorly optimized"

Developers should be able to make a game look as good as they can without people with low-budget systems complaining that they can't play it looking its best. Complaining doesn't improve their experience at all, it just degrades the experience of the people who can afford cutting edge systems.

10 hours ago, DeadEyeKozi said:

As long as it isn't over hyped like the first game was, it shouldn't disappoint as many people.

FTFY

With a smaller fanbase, there are fewer to disappoint, correct. They pulled the graphics trick on The Division too... There are reasons for why EA is still not the worst

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

7 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Don't expect me to buy a rehash of whats already done. Not falling for preorder exclusives thats so passe passé. 

fify

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

While Watch Dogs was a unique game in some elements, I really hope they improve the driving dynamics, I actually got nostalgic to my old Sega Master System II in some respects playing that game. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

8 hours ago, zacRupnow said:

It was a low key game until the graphical E3 Demo then it became hyped to release where it fell flat in graphics, gameplay, stability and story. It had some really interesting mechanics that were unique but overall that didn't do it enough to hold up against its flaws.

Yeah it still has interesting mechanics. If you actually played the game you'd know that. 

Only thing everyone bitched about were le graphics. 

1 minute ago, razor767 said:

Here comes the hype train again. 

all aboard!

leaving for the valley of stuttering and low resolutions

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Hopefully they learned their lesson from first one, as far as downgrade, specially bad optimization on top of that. Saying they're focusing on PC version individually and not porting games just, let's see that, optimized great looking game then. And hopefully not crippled visually just not to be more distinct from console look.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

14 hours ago, Paranoid Kami said:

I actually don't like any of Ubisofts games despite them being so popular here. They just seem so casual focused.

Are you sure you're on the right forum? Last I checked Ubi was hated here.

If its optimised properly I bet it will be a great game. Loved the ps4 version

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Watch Dogs was terrible. Control sucked, graphics sucked, performance sucked. That game doesn't look next gen at all on all ultra, GTA V looks so much better and has silky smooth performance if you have decent hardware.

2 hours ago, Yummychickenblue said:

Are you sure you're on the right forum? Last I checked Ubi was hated here.

I said 'popular', not 'liked' :P Everyone here talks about Ubisoft games all the time. Whether its negative or positive, you always hear their name being tossed around like they're a company whose actions matter very deeply to them.

I personally don't try to comment on things that don't interest me, but decided to leave a small post saying I don't like their games since there's always news about them going around. I just feel that there are just so many smaller game studios that make better games and are more deserving of the attention/marketing.