Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mobo for red/white build

Hi all im building a red/white build and now down to choosing an alternative for my mobo, my pick was the Asus z170 Pro Gaming but I am now considering the MSI Z170 Gaming M5 is it a better choice or should I stick with Asus? (Another note though MSI has bundled a free full version of rainbow six siege when you buy an M5)

My other components in case it's needed:

i5-6600K

Avexir ROG Impact 8gb dual DDR4

MSI R9 390 Twin Frozr V 8gb

Sandisk Plus 250gb

WD blue 1tb 7200rpm

ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L

Enthoo Pro Luxe (White)

Thanks all.;)

6 minutes ago, Errenar said:

Hi all im building a red/white build and now down to choosing an alternative for my mobo, my pick was the Asus z170 Pro Gaming but I am now considering the MSI Z170 Gaming M5 is it a better choice or should I stick with Asus? (Another note though MSI has bundled a free full version of rainbow six siege when you buy an M5)

i5-6600K

Sandisk Plus 250gb

WD blue 1tb 7200rpm

Enthoo Pro Luxe (White)

Thanks all.;)

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-LGA1151-Intel-Motherboards-GA-Z170X-Gaming/dp/B012IBPJ6I/ref=sr_1_7?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1455233619&sr=1-7&keywords=lga+1151+motherboard

im suggesting a maximus 8 hero over this, but its red and black, instead of red and white

1 hour ago, Errenar said:

i5-6600K

Sandisk Plus 250gb

WD blue 1tb 7200rpm

Enthoo Pro Luxe (White)

Thanks all.;)

Basically anything Asus ROG branded. :)

9 hours ago, Josephdalepi said:

was actually looking at that too but it's $40 more than the ones im looking at is it worth the extra cost? oh and the maximus 8 hero is a whoopin $85 more.:))

I'd advice you to look into some of the G1 boards for ascetics because they have a beautiful mixture of white, red and black.

1 hour ago, calieburger said:

I'd advice you to look into some of the G1 boards for ascetics because they have a beautiful mixture of white, red and black.

Those are the gigabyte ones right?:), i hear their UEFI kinda sucks is that true?0.0

Just now, Errenar said:

Those are the gigabyte ones right?:), i hear their UEFI kinda sucks is that true?0.0

I think it's just a matter of opinion and yes it's gigabyte I've had my fair share of gigabyte boards and I've been happy with all of them 

Just now, calieburger said:

I think it's just a matter of opinion and yes it's gigabyte I've had my fair share of gigabyte boards and I've been happy with all of them 

Would you say that the Gaming 7 is worth the $30-$40 increase from my current pick the Asus Z170 Pro Gaming?:), the color would blend in well but i do hope its BIOS and UEFI is noob friendly as this would be my first ever build.:)

10 minutes ago, Errenar said:

Would you say that the Gaming 7 is worth the $30-$40 increase from my current pick the Asus Z170 Pro Gaming?:), the color would blend in well but i do hope its BIOS and UEFI is noob friendly as this would be my first ever build.:)

Honestly I would say stick with Asus their UEFI is pretty damn impressive so stick with Asus 

3 hours ago, Errenar said:

was actually looking at that too but it's $40 more than the ones im looking at is it worth the extra cost? oh and the maximus 8 hero is a whoopin $85 more.:))

maybe

depends

in my opinion, always use asus boards though

best bios

lowest failure rates

great customer service (at least in my experience)