Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kraken X61 high temps?

Okay so recently I bought the x61 cooler an put it in on my i5 4690k and I have it at 4.4ghz. 

My idle temps are 1-3 degrees cooler (C) . But my load temps are in the 80's when using prime 95.. And with my old setup of a hyper 212 with 2 sp 120mm performance fans I was getting lower temps. 

I used the stock thermal combound. Should I take it off and apply the stuff that came with my hyper 212? 

Or is possibly an air pocket, because everytime i turn on the system I hear the water swish around and make the bubble sounds. But it goes away by the time I'm in windows.

put a really good thermal paste 

I didn't know what to put here...

1 minute ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

The stock thermal compound is pretty decent. What fan/pump mode are you running.

I am using the stock fans.. And how could I use any other pump but the one built in?

Just now, adamsjus1 said:

I am using the stock fans.. And how could I use any other pump but the one built in?

You can adjust the rpm of the fans and pump. If you are running them at manual at the lowest rpm allowed that could explain it.

Just now, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

You can adjust the rpm of the fans and pump. If you are running them at manual at the lowest rpm allowed that could explain it.

With the CAM software I am running the Silent curve.