Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

My curent PC is Intel E8400 @ 3.8Ghz+ Ati Radeon 5850 (whit Twin Turbo 2)+ 6Gb ddr3 1333+ Hdd 320Gb 7200Rpm+ TrendSonic 500W+ Packard Bell 21.5". All is second hand, price is about 260 BGN = 149 US Dollar. And i manage to run Crysis 3 ON high in 1680x1050 resolution (totally playable). If i win one of this SSD's my "Beast" will cost total 149 US Dollar and will be more amazing.

Everyone should have an SSD mainly because of the HUGE speed boost compared to a mechanical hard drive. I was using a janky 4 year old 250gb hard drive as my boot drive but I got a used SSD from my uncle. The capacity is only 64gb and it almost filled up. Winning this brand spanking SSD would be awesome! 

whould love one for sister wheni build her a computer with some old parts. ssd are awesome

I would love to have an SSD in my system as waiting to start up my system with a hard drive takes so long. Especially the loading times in games are painful. Help me! 

I would like a new SSD because I have never had an SSD. I understand the advantages of a SSD, I just have never been able to justify the cost of one. I would like to be able to see if they really do increase system speed as drastically as claimed.

Everyone should have an SSD, because it shortens the boottime significantly,makes opening files quicker and the overal respondstime of your computer so much faster.

So it saves you a huge amount of time you spend sitting down and getting angry at your pc because you don't have an SSD.

I've never had a SSD, ever. I wanted to buy one after I started studying but I seems money doesn't just appear out of my one Monitor. (I'm saving money for a second one..)

First of all thanks for the awesome giveaway!

And second: Well, let's put it this way: At home I have a 1TB HDD, and that get's something like 15-30 seconds load time when I open Photoshop. At work I have a tiny 64GB SSD, nothing special right?! Well, Photoshop opens in about 2 seconds and when I need to transfer a lot of files ( 1000's of small files ) they copy so quick it makes me want to hit my home computer. Oh yeah, and my home pc is way more good in terms of other parts than my work pc. BUY A DAMN SSD PEOPLE!  

I just built my first pc build and im running my windows on my hdd (500gb).I dont have the budget to buy a ssd right now ( im a college student xD ) Faster boot times could be a nice feature...

Let me tell you a story about a toaster. It's just a plain, old, not extremely advanced bread-toasting machine. The toaster was living a happy life, standing on the kitchen shelf, being fed some breadcrumbs twice a day, when its master felt like eating his standard peanutbutter-and-jelly toast. The toaster did his job very well, producing nice, warm and crunchy slices of bread, and its master was very content with it. All together, our little toaster was a very happy machine.

Until one day...

It was a certain saturday evening, when the toaster heard something quite concerning, coming from the other room of the small appartment that its master owned. The toaster wasn't aware of anything being wrong the entire day, but the shouts he heard at this very moment made him have a rather unpleasant feeling in his coils. It heard its master yelling things like "You stupid toaster, why are you so slow?!" and "You're not even good enough for preparing my breakfast, you garbage excuse for a PC!". The toaster, not having been in the other room for the entirety of his life of toasting sandwiches, had not the slightest clue what its master could be angry about. Could he possibly be mad at him? Did the toaster perhaps do something wrong? He remembered one of the toasts for breakfast being a little on the burnt side, could that have been the issue for its master?

During the following week, the repetitive shouting coming from the master's bedroom made our little toasting-machine more and more agitated. Not knowing what the master meant, the toaster did his very best to please its master with the most delicious and the crunchiest toasts you and I would have ever eaten in our short and merry lives. But alas, it did not matter. The yelling continued and only got worse and worse over the evenings. Given the fact that this toaster was a very sensitive little machine, it only saw one way out of this misery. He decided to take its own life, the same friday evening...

"Stupid computer, what's up with this 2MB/s writing speed?!" yelled Sebas Linustian, annoyed by the long loading screens he got while trying to play some good old Minecraft. It was friday, around 7pm, when suddenly the doorbell rang. Wondering who of his 3 friends (not including his mother, thank you very much) this might be, he walked towards the front door.

"Hey Sebas, guess what? I really gotta show you this!" he heard his neighbour, and also his best buddy, Luke Skywalker say.

"What have you got this time, Luke...", said Sebas, slightly annoyed by his friend's enthusiasm, not being in the mood for nonsense.

"Dude you have to see this. It's some new technology they developed. It's said to have way faster reading and writing speeds than usual drives. It's called a Solid State Drive, here, plug it into that old toaster of yours!". Luke was talking rapidly while pushing Sebas aside and walking into his appartment. "Here, just take the SATA-cable from your HDD and put it in here, I already got Windows installed for you."

Sebas was dazzled by this sudden visit, and decided to try it out, actually being kind of curious about these so-called SSDs. "Wow, did Windows seriously just boot up in less than 10 seconds?!"

"And that's not all. Look at how fast the applications start!" said Luke with a higher pitched voice than usual.

Sebas was completely astonished. "That's amazing! Thank you so much! Where can I buy these?!"
"You can keep this, as a gift of our friendship. May the force of a fast computer be with you." Luke said.

The doorbell rang, right at the moment when the toaster decided to end its life. Curious about what the two men were talking about, the toaster decided to hang on for just a moment. Seeing its master suddenly so happy, it came to the conclusion that it was not the toaster's fault in the end, and all the master had been mad about was the speed, or lack of speed, of his computer.

No yelling or shouting was heard all through the next week, and the week after, and our little toaster continued living its happy life of toasting bread for Sebas Linustian.

So, my friends, let this be a lesson for you all. If you wish your toaster to live a happy life, you should consider buying an SSD. It also greatly improves the speed of your toas... I mean PC.

However, if you do not possess the monetary resources needed to buy one of these drives, you could also consider writing a story about a toaster on the LinusTechTips forum.

I really need an SSD.

Please.

I do.

Help.

I have a HDD not an SSD, and an slow HDD at that, I'll love to change it with something that would run faster. Everyone should have a SSD because it boots faster, it writes/reads faster, and, for laptops, you're not gonna have problems with it if you move it while runing (The HDD might brake).

Currently i don't even have an SSD :( so yeah I think it would help me a lot in terms of performance.

Thanks a lot in advance :P assuming that I would win.

I've only ever had an old-fashioned hard drive, and frankly I would like to move closer to being a member of the PC Master Race, amongst whom having an ssd is key. For this reason I would like an ssd.

My friend only has a slow harddrive and If I win this i will give it to him

SSD is a must have for the fast and furious OS, that's first and foremost. I dunno what kind of a computer enthusiast doesn't have a separate SSD for this purpose. Well, yeah, okay, it's me. But only because I can'y buy it right now. So I'd looove to win one of those monsters.

I'm currently in the process of upgrading all my machines to SSDs. It's an expensive process, so if I were to win one I'd either put it in the laptop with the failing hard drive, or into the flight case sized portable desk I'm building.

Probably the latter. It's a project where I'm building a portable desk, which has a machine built into it, which folds away into a large portable case, allowing you to take an entire work station, desk and all, with you anywhere. In this use case, an SSD would be really useful, as with a portable system with custom made mounts for all the components I'm concerned about an HDD being abused in transit.

Realy, everyone should be using an SSD in most home use cases for the speed and reliability. Since I set up a home NAS I've never found the space avalable to be an issue, mainly because I'm now no longer duplicating files across multiple systems. This is in an electronics rich environment though, and most average home users wouldn't have this many systems or likely a NAS, in my experience as a home computer troubleshooter anyway.

Even in that 'average home' use case though, an SSD of this size would cover most people allowing them to run most apps and keep their documents squared away using just one drive of this size. You'd likely only need to expand if you're doing gaming or business. Most people I deal with don't.

I really needed badly a SSD. So I can replace my 5 year acient artifact HDD. Lol. Please pick me! ? thanks. 

going to use it for my server setup, i'm still using an old 80 gig HD

I dont have an ssd and i know it realy helps to computers so i would be realy happy if i would get one :) 

Everbody needs an SSD because it is a huge improve in performance. I recently installed a SSD in the PC of my grandfather. He is only using it for Office, but it was allways too slow. His PC is totaly overkill for Office(i7 2600;GTX 550), but with the SSD in it, it's finally fast. I allready have an SSD but I'm running out of space.

I want one because it has a cool design. Your system will run a lot faster with an SSD versus a HDD.

I currently have a nice SSD I just installed into my system. If I got another one I'd use it for content creation so I can render my videos faster and have a dedicated place for videos, thumbnails, etc. And I believe everyone should have an SSD as a boot drive atleast. Seeing solely a 1tb HDD in a PC tears me apart. 

Server Admin | TV Producer | Cinematographer | Gamer | Content Creator | Modder

Twitter | Youtube | Twitch

Well, i got cheapest 240gb possible (bought from china, with zero warranty whatsoever), so i guess it is an upgrade for me :)

Everyone should have an SSD because of their awesome speed. 

i only have a crapy hdd drive i my system so i relly need an ssd.